Would love help with CL lot! Good deal??

Ash339

Question

Hello,  I would love some help from those more experienced with buying LEGO lots.  I found a lot I’m interested in and wanted to check if anyone has an opinion on whether it’s a good deal or not. I have purchased several lots from Craigslist before and usually pay around (or less than) $2 a pound including 1-2 minfigs per pound. This one is hard for me to judge how much is actually here and if it would work out to a good price per pound. I do not resell, it will be kept for personal collection. Listing says that all sets have been broken apart and organized by color and that min figs are included (although I don’t see the minfigs in pictures).  Usually I buy bigger bins or totes, so that’s easier for me to gauge how much LEGO is there. This being a bunch of smaller bins is harder for me to get an idea of really how much is here. But I do love that it’s all organized!

I would appreciate any help and opinions!  Lot is $350

544B0523-2287-48F6-8655-EBA45FEB03C8.jpeg

2DFE7927-13D5-4156-9B41-975949AA9F40.jpeg

CCCED5F5-AC37-49EA-99EF-4CE42805F028.jpeg

BAA23632-6027-44F1-A325-6C28E22BB37E.jpeg

7E8AD808-0D30-4D5F-8D36-5263998BADFD.jpeg

14 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, siddji said:

Its really hard to tell from pictures. There doesn't seem to be any minifigs. Although decent amount of bricks..For personal collection its a meh! For investing Hell No.

Thanks so much for the input! Yeah i couldn’t see any minfigs, but they say there are.. so idk.  

3 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

"All sets"?? My first question would be "what sets?" 

From listing sounds like a lot of City. So I know nothing great as far as valuable sets. But bricks would be used for just creative play.  It was posted by a parent of their kids out grown collection so listing wasn’t too descriptive. 

4 minutes ago, KShine said:

I see no reason to purchase this.

It looks a lot like the piles of excess that remain, after I make a purchase, and have removed what was worthwhile.

Thanks for the help!  I’m really glad I posted on here. I’m thinking this is one I’ll pass on

Are ALL those drawers filled with bricks? That lot does have potential, nothing wrong with taking a look at it and passing if you don't like it. Just looking at the small amount of pieces shown I saw 2 or 3 sets that would potentially be enough to peak my curiosity. As you stated that this would be for personal use anyway, why not take a look and offer $200 or so. I can't tell for sure in that picture, but is that a goat?

Edited by Migration
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Migration said:

Are ALL those drawers filled with bricks? That lot does have potential, nothing wrong with taking a look at it and passing if you don't like it. Just looking at the small amount of pieces shown I saw 2 or 3 sets that would potentially be enough to peak my curiosity. As you stated that this would be for personal use anyway, why not take a look and offer $200 or so. I can't tell for sure in that picture, but is that a goat?

Yeah I do see one minfig and an animal in the blue pic, not sure what it is though. I did email back and ask if I could see more photos to get a better idea of what’s included.  Seems like some of the pieces come from sets but most were purchased as bulk bricks for moc builds?  And thanks for the help :)

24 minutes ago, lodibricks said:

I'm with Migration. I think seeing more in person could be worthwhile. Would seem silly though if they had a drawer full of minifigs and didn't share that pic.
Pretty sure that's a Prince of Persia box of the left in the first pic, not that it's worth much.

Oh but how sweet that would be if they did! :)  I’m hoping they get back to me with lots of photos so I can have a better idea and go from there. And yeah I saw that box wasn’t sure what it was, but can tell now it is a prince of Persia.  Thanks for the help!