LEGO Star Wars 20th Anniversary

Clintonjoseph

4 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Time to take bets.

I say UCS ISD, another OT Falcon playset, B-Wing and some Microfighters.

I second that Imperial Star Destroyer. Considering it's been 16 years since the UCS one and it's a relatively iconic ship. Hopefully they do it right and double the piece count of the last one (which was actually just over 3k which I find surprising given the impression it carries.)

I could also see them recreating the "I am your father" lightsaber scene as a standalone set, like a bigger version of that section included in the new Cloud City set. 400 pieces or so? Also surprising we haven't seen that set yet(?) before now considering it's one of the most well known lines especially to people who barely know anything about Star Wars

Just now, CosmicSpeed said:

I have almost all of the first release SW sets and I got them as a child. This one, however...nope. To this day it is one set I wished I had. I would actually really, REALLY, like a UCS Podracer.

There was a lot of heartburn from investors over this set when it was disappearing over a long and agonizing 1.5 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mos_Eisley said:

Yay, now they can give us more uninspired retreads, but this time in special packaging!

I do like the idea of the special minifigure in each set and it’s my favorite box art, so I guess I can enjoy those aspects of the anniversary. 

I read the link.  

Well according to any recent Lego SW set checklist, their 20th anniversary celebration must’ve started prematurely with 10188 Part 2 , the last 2 MF non-UCF MF refreshes and countless “new & improves” AT-ATs, X-Wings, etc...