Kohl's and JCPenney

I stopped in my local store this morning. No Lego yet, but they had a twelve foot section from floor to ceiling cleared out in the toy area, so I'm assuming that's where it will be going. I don't expect much in the way of huge clearance hauls, but it never hurts to have another source nearby. It's interesting to see the places that Lego is popping up now that TRU is gone. 

I stopped in my local store this morning. No Lego yet, but they had a twelve foot section from floor to ceiling cleared out in the toy area, so I'm assuming that's where it will be going. I don't expect much in the way of huge clearance hauls, but it never hurts to have another source nearby. It's interesting to see the places that Lego is popping up now that TRU is gone. 

JCPenney carries some now too, but not a very large selection.

I have never noticed Lego being sold at either of these retailers (aside from watches and pens) but noticed that they were both carrying current lines (JW, HP, Ninjago, etc). Unfortunately, neither were offering any discounts and everything was at MSRP. Hopefully their coupons will work in the future!

My Kohl's has a small section up that is semi-hidden back by customer service, but nothing is labeled with prices. I saw a new box of HP CMF, so I grabbed a Percival Graves and went to the checkout. The cashier had to call back to someone in customer service because it wouldn't ring up. After about 5 minutes of standing around, he got a response, typed in something on his computer, and the price rang up $14.99. (I guess they really are trying to fill TRU's shoes with some good ol' markups.) I told him that price wasn't right, showed him the price on my phone for other retailers, he called back again, and after waiting, the price finally came up correctly.  

• 1 month later...