10263 - Winter Village Fire Station

eliminator

6 hours ago, crayxlp said:

Why Church.. dont be so petty.. a large-scale graveyard with massive tombstones would give something xtra to everyone! -TLG does not need to invent any new pcs since everything is readily available + you could pack it together with Halloween skeleton sets ;) 

Actually that would be a cemetery if we wanna be nitpicks. Technically, a graveyard is only a graveyard when attached to a church, hence the 'yard' part. ? Otherwise it's a cemetery. Though a lot of people use the words the same. 

now-you-know-and-knowing-is-half-the-bat

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

I feel like the building itself should be deeper. But I can’t remember how deep Santa’s Workshop is. I feel like they are similar? In which case it’s fine.

I believe that, with the exception of the cottage, all the buildings in the WV line are pretty shallow front-to-back.  I have a feeling this will fit in just fine, though I think it will easily be the tallest building in the village.

17 hours ago, Stud-Flipper said:

Actually that would be a cemetery if we wanna be nitpicks. Technically, a graveyard is only a graveyard when attached to a church, hence the 'yard' part. ? Otherwise it's a cemetery. Though a lot of people use the words the same. 

now-you-know-and-knowing-is-half-the-bat

hey! thanks a lot for the explanation (absolutely no sarcasm at all).. Now Ive learned something new in English :) 

• Like 1

I like it. Just wish the station have a bit more depth. Get rid of the ice rank and the tree and spend more effort on the station. I was expecting something more complete, perhaps, like the Bakery or Toy Shop? They can always sell a Christmas Tree as a polybag.

Edited by tacsniper
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, crayxlp said:

what is the purpose of that dog minifigure.. ? Do dogs generally stroll around firehouses and such.. ?

Dalmatians, in particular, we're used in the late 19th century and early 20th century to run along-side horse-drawn fire wagons to serve as a barrier between the horses/wagon and other people and animals on the street, as the wagon raced through to a fire.  A short description of the history can be found here, for example: https://www.livescience.com/33293-dalmatians-official-firehouse-dogs.html  

If you ever happen to visit Boston with little kids, the Boston Fire Museum is a great place to take them. It's small, but loaded with historical trivia such as this.

Edited by SpaceFan9
fixed the date reference
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

It has bothered me all weekend that I couldn’t remember the name of that Joe. It finally came to me - it’s Leatherneck.

I believe you mean Footloose. Leatherneck was the infantry trooper replacement for him a couple seasons/figure waves later. As such, they had similar looks.

85157.jpg leatherneck.jpg

• Like 3

Guest TabbyBoy
6 hours ago, jimmajenga said:

Wow... I still really hate that tree  :P 

It's still much better than that cheap cardboard monstrosity that they insulted us with last year.