Has anybody ordered one of those "Arcade 1 Up" Sets yet

emazers

These are suppose to be released Sept 25, they were suppose to be $400 each, but Walmart lowered the price to $300, so everybody else did the same. I got the Centipede system coming. Here is a Video of a guy reviewing the Street Fighter Game. If you want all the details just google Arcade 1 up and it shows who is selling them. I figure getting it at Walmart will be the best place to return it, if there is a problem. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LegoMan1212 said:

If you want something like this, have the box built, and put a real computer in it with an emulator and get 1000's of games vs 1 or a few.

I've built a bartop sized arcade machine and put in a Jamma Board 60-in-1 board with 60 classic games (centipede, pacman, donkey Kong, etc).  They're not awful expensive, you can make it one or two player, add a track ball if you want, etc., but I'm definitely a fan of build it yourself.

I've also built a full size one that I simply installed an original NES into, then wired the control up to arcade buttons.  Pretty fun stuff!

Edited by MusiKyle
  • Like 1

I read the title and thought there was some super special LEGO exclusive I never heard of. Come to think of it, an arcade cabinet built from LEGO would be neat ....and I have the feeling I probably already said that one before. Haha.

Moving along this is a nice setup but honestly as others have stated, get an emulator (or two), download a library, and you're done. Almost every system up to the PlayStation 1 are emulated perfectly (or close to) running well on even a "potato PC". (Atari Jaguar and the 3DO were still in a rough spot last time I really checked though.) There are so many titles these sorts of sold setups more than likely will never be released with such as Seiken Densetsu 3 on the SNES or Kabuki Klash: Far East of Eden for the Neo-Geo (and Neo-Geo CD) or Gaia Crusaders in the arcade. Yes I did pick some odd choices but that's my point. Those games are very fun; however these "retro" consoles and compilations appear to be sticking with a rather fixed finite and kind of obvious selection. In a marketing sense I can understand why and in some cases I can only imagine what it would take to re-release certain games (like the Adventures of Lolo series for example) yet here I am still feeling underwhelmed and generally fatigued.

Also just how many times does Street Fighter II need to be rereleased anyway? Good grief.