Star Wars 2019

Bold-Arrow

The thing I find so irrational and irritating is how little the new films even attempt to address the massive plots holes about the size of the rebellion from the ROTJ to TFA. We literally just saw a sea of Star Destroyers in a lightening cloud vs a handful of rebel ships in the new trailer. Kind of like blowing up a Death Star and forgetting to destroy the rest of the imperial navy before going to that awesome Ewok rave.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

The thing I find so irrational and irritating is how little the new films even attempt to address the massive plots holes about the size of the rebellion from the ROTJ to TFA. We literally just saw a sea of Star Destroyers in a lightening cloud vs a handful of rebel ships in the new trailer. Kind of like blowing up a Death Star and forgetting to destroy the rest of the imperial navy before going to that awesome Ewok rave.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

While i haven't read much new material myself, i have read articles that allude to the fact there are dozens of comic books, novels, video games, etc that fill in the gaps of these most frequently asked questions. Some call that Lazy film-making, lazy writing, but maybe there's more to it.

To your point, i had read that there's either a comic or novel, etc that explains the New Republic de-militarized the Rebellion claiming the Empire was done, but Leia led the resistance because she KNEW something was up in the outer regions, and sure enough, she was right and the First Order rose up from the ashes to ambush and destroy the capital planets in EP 7. It's not that they forgot to wipe them out, its that they had disappeared.

Now, is this a cynical strategy that you have to pay extra to get your questions answered by reading all the books? Or is it just, the movie can't explain every plot detail or it would be 18 hours long? That really depends on your point of view.

Is it possible we romanticize the OT thinking it stood perfectly on its own and had no plot holes? Perhaps.

Is it possible we were MARINATED in a thousand beyond-the-film information sources for the first 20 years of Star Wars and yet FEEL like everything was answered in the films?

Is it possible we questioned far less the first time around because it was so wondrous and we were younger? 

For everyone that complained we never got a Snoke backstory and they just killed him with no effort.......In 1983 we had no Emperor back story, and Darth Vader PICKED HIM UP (ONE HANDED) AND THREW HIM DOWN A HOLE WITHOUT INCAPACITATING HIM IN ANY WAY.

Edited by mudcatsfan
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

We may get a better picture of this kind of thing in the Mandalorian since it is supposed to happen in the time frame after Return of the Jedi.  The second Battlefront game also touches on this time period.

1 hour ago, mudcatsfan said:

For everyone that complained we never got a Snoke backstory and they just killed him with no effort.......In 1983 we had no Emperor back story, and Darth Vader PICKED HIM UP (ONE HANDED) AND THREW HIM DOWN A HOLE WITHOUT INCAPACITATING HIM IN ANY WAY.

The difference is the writing.  We were clear Emperor was feared in ESB and TLJ.  We were also shown Vader was strong.  Strong enough to kill Kenobi in SW and toy with Luke in ESB. When he had a conversion of heart, picked up the Emperor in a last ditch effort to save his son, and DIED in the process, we actually root for him.  That my friend, was good enough to cover any illogical detail you may find in the original trilogy

I was going to write something about ep8 here, but I found that I could not care less about that movie.   Ultimately it did not matter anyway.  

• Like 2

On 8/22/2019 at 6:57 AM, mudcatsfan said:

I would be shocked if it didn't come with features and figures. Maybe even a micro Falcon to hide on the back and disengage with the garbage.

Yeah, but the price is sky high / piece.  Kind of makes me wonder if it'll have features like the Helicarrier - moving parts, lights?  It has to have minifigures, but which ones?  Another Vader.  I just hope it isn't a FO SD.  Or maybe I do, it'll save me a bunch of money.

Most of these sets look to be from SW IX.  Is that an old Republic symbol on the side of the A-Wing? 

Yoda's face reminds me of a gremlin.  The body isn't horrible but the light saber is clearly a prequel set.  Need to modify Yoda's face and ears though... ugh.

The mandalorian tricked-out AT-ST is kind of cool looking.  idk if I'll get one, but I like it.

Kylo Ren's Shuttle... looks like it should have the first time around.  So thankful I got rid of the two that I had and actually made money on them.  (Thanks TRU for messing up by refunding me my money even though I actually picked up my order).

On the MF it looks like they moved the top plates inward to close up all the gaps.   I'm betting they heard a ton of complaints after the white MF and those ugly gaps.  Accordingly, they changed up how the top opens.  Funny how they went back to the round dish.

Interesting sets...  

Edited by exracer327

13 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

what do u mean?

image.thumb.png.1c1df168b03cfb319ffd46b57cfb504a.png

Only for the elitist , of the elite. This amazing card offer is available only to those who buy during the initial release. "This is a truly unique set and your purchase of the set does entitle you to receive the collectible LEGO® Star Wars™ VIP card. This card will also entitle the VIP member to a FULL YEAR of special LEGO Star Wars content and promotions. LEGO VIP members who have this card will become part of a Star Wars elite tier that is eligible for special content and promotions throughout 2018 2020."

It guarantees you access to polybags that make it to Walmart deep clearance, 2x VIP points on the least desirable sets, and possibly a great looking coffin cardholder to use to hold  the dreams and hopes that TLG crushes month after month while you await a decent promotion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, brickvoyeur said:

image.thumb.png.1c1df168b03cfb319ffd46b57cfb504a.png

Only for the elitist , of the elite. This amazing card offer is available only to those who buy during the initial release. "This is a truly unique set and your purchase of the set does entitle you to receive the collectible LEGO® Star Wars™ VIP card. This card will also entitle the VIP member to a FULL YEAR of special LEGO Star Wars content and promotions. LEGO VIP members who have this card will become part of a Star Wars elite tier that is eligible for special content and promotions throughout 2018 2020."

It guarantees you access to polybags that make it to Walmart deep clearance, 2x VIP points on the least desirable sets, and possibly a great looking coffin cardholder to use to hold  the dreams and hopes that TLG crushes month after month while you awai

so maybe a platinum one this time?

Edited by mudcatsfan
  • Haha 1

On 8/29/2019 at 6:48 PM, mudcatsfan said:

on further review,  that's the music and the shadow reveal similar to the SSD in Empire,  vs the classic ISD.

I confess I watched that trailer about four times and thought the same thing every time.  The angle is way too high for a standard ISD.  But they could be messing with light placement to throw off dimensions.