Star Wars 2019

Bold-Arrow

On 9/5/2019 at 1:13 PM, $20 on joe vs dan said:

can someone help inform us newbs on what was the RRP for the old 10030 and what were some of the mainstream discounts that were available for it?

Regarding the 10030 - I seem to recall that there was a buy one, get one for 50% off LEGO deal at some point.

Edited by KShine
  • Like 1

On 9/23/2019 at 3:23 PM, Ogelwoc said:

Another Falcon. Just like the helicopter in City theme. I only have one 75105 luckily.
What the thoughts about Kessel Run Falcon? It’s not popular and can be found on good discount. Star Wars theme is sooooo dead unless can be found on deep discount.

seems like they will keep remaking the grey falcon but probably not the white one (w/ Escape pod)...so if one was going to invest in one...the white one will likely continue to be the "rare" one of the bunch...none of the past grey ones have differentiated themselves significantly (IMO) and this new one just adds to the dilution effect.

but the main plan is to the the UCS version before ii retires in the next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimboJet said:

There will be a micro Legacy of Luke make/take at Lego Stores Oct 5.  My local US store said sign-ups start October 1.

Images here: http://www.jedinews.co.uk/conventions-events/articles/lego-make-and-take-micro-luke-skywalker-timeline-october-5th-uk/

Meh. Not worth the effort to sign up in store in advance. Apparently can't do it over the phone.

On 9/24/2019 at 12:23 AM, Ogelwoc said:

Another Falcon. Just like the helicopter in City theme. I only have one 75105 luckily.
What the thoughts about Kessel Run Falcon? It’s not popular and can be found on good discount. Star Wars theme is sooooo dead unless can be found on deep discount.

my very personal opinion based  ALL on the visual / I dont like it.. I dont like the box art.. it might be a good build, some interesting techniques. some exclusive figs (anyways, that is the excl minifig in such a large set worth for? 15-20 USD? dont know).. 

biased on the latest talks and review of the newest MF .. I believe that would be worth for to at leat KEEP zou investment in line with ever-growing inflation.

I've watched all the MandR review videos of the new sets. The new MF has some nice improvements over the 75105, but not worth it to swap out the 75105 for if you already own it. The new Y-Wing isn't really an improvement over the 75172 from 2016 either. The new AT-ST is more or less the same as the 75153 from 2016, just with different colours. 

Only the new Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle is a significant improvement over the old version from 2015, which of course was a real dud to begin with. At least this one's in the right black colour now and the wings move in the correct V shape in flight. Definitely adding this set to my wish-list, though will be patiently waiting for a 35-40% off discount down the road. ;) 

And lastly, the all new 'UCS' Yoda figure in the same line as BB-8 and the Porg set. After having watched the review I like it and am definitely going to get it for my collection.

14 hours ago, Belac said:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/battle-of-endor-micro-build-40362 Looks like the triple force promo will be avail to buy later at Lego LEGO Shop at Home.  Another bummer move by lego if true.

Does that really mean that it'll be available to buy or that they just added it as an item so it can be added to your bag when you qualify for the promo?

1 hour ago, skinsfan0521 said:

Does that really mean that it'll be available to buy or that they just added it as an item so it can be added to your bag when you qualify for the promo?

I think I remember some others like ideas rocket ride promo doing the same, showing up on possible for sale then just being a promo. Just sharing the info. I eventually want a Tantive IV set for personal but my triple force is saying wait till may the 4th. 

7 hours ago, Frank Brickowski said:

If the EU/US LEGO sale offers for "Triple Force Friday" are going to be the same like currently in AUS, all this will only be remembered as "Zero Force Friday" - yet another lame LEGO sale "event" that could become a big disappointment.

To be fair , ours is never that good. Yours will be better. ?

Hear me out, I need some advice.

So I have 5-6 Battle of Hoth (mini builds from the fourth) and naturally I am going to want 5-6 mini endors...

Given the most likely 20% off sale on lame sets, is it really worth dropping $450 to grab that many mini endors? Or does anyone have any luck poaching cheaper ones off of eBay once they all start going up?

The idea would be to sell the 2 mini builds as a pair down the road, so buy-in with the Endor set is obviously key... But I keep debating between targeting low eBay listings OR just buying a bunch of SW at 20% off that, most likely, I can beat that discount almost anywhere else.

Just curious if anyone tries this with the promos or just bites the bullet with 5-6 orders. I guess this would've also in theory worked with the Iron Man Set back in spring.

Hear me out, I need some advice.
So I have 5-6 Battle of Hoth (mini builds from the fourth) and naturally I am going to want 5-6 mini endors...
Given the most likely 20% off sale on lame sets, is it really worth dropping $450 to grab that many mini endors? Or does anyone have any luck poaching cheaper ones off of eBay once they all start going up?
The idea would be to sell the 2 mini builds as a pair down the road, so buy-in with the Endor set is obviously key... But I keep debating between targeting low eBay listings OR just buying a bunch of SW at 20% off that, most likely, I can beat that discount almost anywhere else.

Just curious if anyone tries this with the promos or just bites the bullet with 5-6 orders. I guess this would've also in theory worked with the Iron Man Set back in spring.
Personally I have not had much luck with atar wars in generally, i think this would be the general consensus these days... thus why buy more star wars than you need to.

I would look to buy from ebay, if it is even worth getting these to begin with. Remember it seems they will be available to buy individually at some point too.