Star Wars 2019

Bold-Arrow

1 hour ago, scatttcat said:

Hear me out, I need some advice.

So I have 5-6 Battle of Hoth (mini builds from the fourth) and naturally I am going to want 5-6 mini endors...

Given the most likely 20% off sale on lame sets, is it really worth dropping $450 to grab that many mini endors? Or does anyone have any luck poaching cheaper ones off of eBay once they all start going up?

The idea would be to sell the 2 mini builds as a pair down the road, so buy-in with the Endor set is obviously key... But I keep debating between targeting low eBay listings OR just buying a bunch of SW at 20% off that, most likely, I can beat that discount almost anywhere else.

Just curious if anyone tries this with the promos or just bites the bullet with 5-6 orders. I guess this would've also in theory worked with the Iron Man Set back in spring.

If you allocated the purchase cost and expectd return evenly across the whole transaction instead of itemized by set, would you rather have what you'll get from buying as a GWP? Or maybe miss out on buying the promos directly at your desired price but spending the $450 on whatever else goes on sale later? 

10 hours ago, eliminator said:

I'm crossing my fingers for 20% off a few older sets....such as the UCS Y-Wing.

Here in Europe the UCS Y-Wing does indeed have 20% off. There are even a few older (soon to be retired, like the Solo movie) sets available at 40% off which is a pretty good deal to get the free promo as well.

BB-8 at 40% off, double VIP points on it, and the promo item added (provided you get > €75 of Star Wars items in the basket). 

Edited by HandyHand

14 hours ago, scatttcat said:

Hear me out, I need some advice.

So I have 5-6 Battle of Hoth (mini builds from the fourth) and naturally I am going to want 5-6 mini endors...

Given the most likely 20% off sale on lame sets, is it really worth dropping $450 to grab that many mini endors? Or does anyone have any luck poaching cheaper ones off of eBay once they all start going up?

The idea would be to sell the 2 mini builds as a pair down the road, so buy-in with the Endor set is obviously key... But I keep debating between targeting low eBay listings OR just buying a bunch of SW at 20% off that, most likely, I can beat that discount almost anywhere else.

Just curious if anyone tries this with the promos or just bites the bullet with 5-6 orders. I guess this would've also in theory worked with the Iron Man Set back in spring.

I'm sure the GWP Endor mini builds will be available on Ebay.  All the past GWPs were.  For instance the Iron man avenger tower GWP can be had for $30 and has been in the $20-$25 range most of this time....and that was probably one of the more popular ones...clearly YMMV

• Like 1

I think the 40% off BB-8 is probably the best deal here in the USA.  Almost everything else on sale is meh.

I finally saw the UCS ISD in person.  The videos don't do it justice.  It looks awesome... until you see the price.

Also got to see the new Yoda in person.  It finally hit me why his eyes and face look funny.  His head is about 10-20% too small compared to his body.  The length of each of his ears should be around 60% the width of Yoda's head and extend beyond his shoulders and arms.  On the new LEGO set the body, light saber, hands, and feet all look great.  But his entire head is a miss.  I don't know if they needed to save pieces to get a $100 price tag or what, but his head needs to be 6-8 bricks wider (3-4 each side) and the ears re-proportioned.  Compare this pic from Revenge of the Sith, which is the look I think they were going for, to the LEGO pic and I think you'll see my point.

Edit: Found a better pic of Yoda's full body w/lightsaber

Yoda w lightsaber.jpg

LEGO Yoda 75255 from Amazon.jpg

Edited by exracer327
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, eliminator said:

where do you get the code for the mini BB-8?

Edit, looks like it could be found at https://lego.attn.tv/p/landing?icmp=SW-SHB-P-NO-bb-8sm-1084

...but no longer available?

Yes that seems to be the correct link directly from the Lego Shop@home website. I think it is still going on. A code will get texted to your cell phone and when you get the code make sure you put it in exactly as it appears because it is case sensitive. 

2 hours ago, cuttingcorners47 said:

Yes that seems to be the correct link directly from the Lego Shop@home website. I think it is still going on. A code will get texted to your cell phone and when you get the code make sure you put it in exactly as it appears because it is case sensitive. 

hmm, link still doesn't work for me. Perhaps it's at USA promo only?

On 10/6/2019 at 3:16 AM, Belac said:

From what I gather there is no Lego presence at NYCC this year. Not the first time,but with the new star wars movie building buzz and all the other applicable sets I'm surprised they (NY) gets the shaft on exclusive minifigs or sets.

This being the first year I attended NYCC, I was disappointed and surprised there was no LEGO presence there as well.  As crowded as it was and with the priority access previous NYCC goers get, I doubt I would have been able to get into their store anyway.

• 2 months later...