Star Wars 2019

Bold-Arrow

3 hours ago, Val-E said:

This could literally be the set list from any episode.

This was my thinking as well.  So disappointing.  I thought I read somewhere LEGO was coming out with a new Kylo Ren command shuttle.  But his "starship" is cheaper than 75104.

My other thought was; I wonder if SW is going to dig out all kinds of stuff from prequels for the final battle against the First Order, which has the "latest, greatest tech."  In the last few seconds of the trailer for SW IX there was a suggestion of a Venator-Class Attack Cruiser being visible.  So maybe these aren't true replacements but have different colors?  Still pretty lame.  At least Rogue One introduced some new ships.  Movies XII - IX hasn't done anything except change colors.  Even that one Tie in the beginning of the trailer - wings from Kylo Ren's Tie + cockpit from First Order Tie and you've just MOC'd it.  Lame...

5 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

This was my thinking as well.  So disappointing.  I thought I read somewhere LEGO was coming out with a new Kylo Ren command shuttle.  But his "starship" is cheaper than 75104.

My other thought was; I wonder if SW is going to dig out all kinds of stuff from prequels for the final battle against the First Order, which has the "latest, greatest tech."  In the last few seconds of the trailer for SW IX there was a suggestion of a Venator-Class Attack Cruiser being visible.  So maybe these aren't true replacements but have different colors?  Still pretty lame.  At least Rogue One introduced some new ships.  Movies XII - IX hasn't done anything except change colors.  Even that one Tie in the beginning of the trailer - wings from Kylo Ren's Tie + cockpit from First Order Tie and you've just MOC'd it.  Lame...

In all fairness, not much tech can drastically change essentially over roughly two years in the SW universe. EP 7 & 8 were back to back in the timeline and 9 will be only a year after that.

On 6/10/2019 at 1:26 PM, Darth_Raichu said:

I am torn.  On 1 hand I want to play the original & prequel Trilogy LEGO games with updated graphics, but the game contains **** from the other 3 movies. :P

Exactly my thoughts.  We already have the "complete saga" SW 1-6, why would I need this?  The only way it'll sell is if it has completely different quests for SW 1-6.  If it was a stand alone 7-9, how well do you think it would sell?  I wouldn't buy it.  I made the mistake of buying LEGO VII for the Finn polybag.  The game is relatively lame.  My kids played it like twice.  I tried to play it but it could never hold my attention.

2 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

In all fairness, not much tech can drastically change essentially over roughly two years in the SW universe. EP 7 & 8 were back to back in the timeline and 9 will be only a year after that.

30 years between Ep. 6 and Ep. 7.  So the "good guys" were in charge and did... nothing in the way of starship development?  Updated the X-Wing design (which was actually a shout-out to the Ralph McQuarrie concept artwork)?  The resistance shuttle was supposedly a bastardized B-Wing made into a transport?  At this point, I'm fully expecting a Corellian Corvette to be in the opening scene in SW IX.  

There was more creativity in ship design for Rogue One (a prequel) than there has been in any of the new movies.

• Like 1

I would have loved to have seen a usc sized holo chess table with molded figures.

SW is too vanilla with the new trilogy. Not enough alien not enough weird. The force crap is worn out and over. No wants to see space wizard battle with laser ⚔️.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

39 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

SW is too vanilla with the new trilogy. Not enough alien not enough weird. The force crap is worn out and over. No wants to see space wizard battle with laser ⚔️.

Duh. Obviously. Liberating oppressed animals and putting your crewmate in his place with cattle rod are much more exciting.  I can't wait to see which animals the new trilogy crews are going to free in ep IX :thumbsup: 

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

I would have loved to have seen a usc sized holo chess table with molded figures.

Post-Disney's treatment of SW I agree with everything except the last sentence.  I challenge anyone to read the Timothy Zahn trilogy (Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, and Last Command) and see if they wouldn't want to see those made into movies.  If only Disney had just recast the core actors and made those movies, people would be clamoring for more.  They effectively did it with the Solo movie.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

Post-Disney's treatment of SW I agree with everything except the last sentence.  I challenge anyone to read the Timothy Zahn trilogy (Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, and Last Command) and see if they wouldn't want to see those made into movies.  If only Disney had just recast the core actors and made those movies, people would be clamoring for more.  They effectively did it with the Solo movie.

It's a matter of opinion, but there is a lot of bad in those books. Zahn added a lot of great things to the EU, but the multiple clones and Thrawn pulling the same move over and over are not among them.

People often look at older material through a nostalgic lens. I've been a fan of that trilogy since its release (though I've always preferred the Jedi Academy trilogy because it has less comic-book-esque silliness), but it gets a pass for a lot of things just because it's considered core EU material. I can only imagine the YouTube videos if Luuke was revealed this decade.

I personally am thankful for new stories, because I've already read those stories. And if you prefer the old EU, you still have that. Everybody wins. 

As a caveat, making the Thrawn trilogy into films was not an option because Harrison Ford was only ever signing on for one movie, and only for the right price. Plus, George's original sequel trilogy treatment contained a lot of the elements of the current ST (Luke in exile, Kira/Sam as key characters, etc) - which doesn't line up at all with anything in Zahn's original trilogy.

Edited by thegraverobber

(though I've always preferred the Jedi Academy trilogy because it has less comic-book-esque silliness).

You are referring to the series where in the first book Kevin Anderson creates a young character more powerful than Luke and an indestructable super weapon that could only be neutralized by parking it inside of a star.

It's been a long time so my memory may be fuzzy. I do remember wishing they wouldn't ever let Anderson write another Star Wars book again.

But you are correct, it is a matter of opinion.

Sent from my PH-1 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

20 minutes ago, pharmjod said:

You are referring to the series where in the first book Kevin Anderson creates a young character more powerful than Luke and an indestructable super weapon that could only be neutralized by parking it inside of a star.

It's been a long time so my memory may be fuzzy. I do remember wishing they wouldn't ever let Anderson write another Star Wars book again.

But you are correct, it is a matter of opinion.

Sent from my PH-1 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Yeah, it’s still got the silliness that was prevalent almost everywhere in the old EU. I think it’s just a little less than normal, but that’s just my opinion. Nothing quite like Crystal Star.

It’s funny how much the new canon is criticized compared to how bad some of the old EU was (as much as I still love it). Different strokes, I guess.