Star Wars 2019

Bold-Arrow

I like the new A-Wing and Kylo Shuttle. Can't believe we'll have a Gina Carano minifigure!!!  I remember first seeing her as Crush on American Gladiators.
The new Falcon kind of looks terrible, is it that much different than the last one from TFA?

Agreed. The Solo Falcon is looking more and more appealing as a collector’s item.

Is the At-ST from the new Mandaloren TV show?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

Oh wow I do not even have the energy for sarcasm looking at this wave.  

Those remakes are not inspiring.  For a minute I thought the DS Cannon was a 4+ set :P

This 1 new set looks like something that I built using random bricks when I was 6.

lego-star-wars-75250-pasaana-speeder-cha

Before you say blame the source material, the above criticism applies to ep IX as well

I am definitely too old for SW :drag:

After looking at the differences in the falcon, it appears the new one has greebling where the old one didn't, and also it's missing from where the old one had it.  The aesthetic of the TFA version just appears to be more appealing.  I like the exposed studs on the round ports, rather than the smooth.

39 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

After looking at the differences in the falcon, it appears the new one has greebling where the old one didn't, and also it's missing from where the old one had it.  The aesthetic of the TFA version just appears to be more appealing.  I like the exposed studs on the round ports, rather than the smooth.

Very much agree on the round ports, they look very out of place somehow. Maybe because of familiarity. Not sure.

One thing to consider when New Star Wars movies are released. Since the Hasbro, Hot Toys, Hot Wheels, Lego, etc.toys leak LONG before the film comes out, the first wave of any release is often non-spoiler heavy. 

That's ONE contributing factor to getting re-hashes, or things you already know about. Y-Wing, A-Wing, Kylo's shuttle, the Falcon, etc.

If there's something new, original, or shocking design stuff in the film, you're probably not going to see it till Wave 2, 3, etc.

On the rare occasion you do see a NEW vehicle (Like the desert speeders) then its PROBABLY already in the trailer. (which it was)

If in Ep 9 the Emperor has spinning dark side force blades for arms and light sabers coming out of his pants, they wouldn't want to put THAT toy in Wave 1.  (much to our dismay)

The amount of coordination to make sure there's a progression in plot reveal across toy-lines and in trailer timing is pretty impressive. 

I'd provide examples, but I'm fairly sure I'm right, so i won't bother ;)

And yes they sometimes get it way wrong. IE: Kylo Shuttle 1's wings, the AT-ST Heavy Crawler, Snow Speeder cut from the film, etc.

Edited by mudcatsfan
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, exracer327 said:

LEGO mgr and I were discussing the same thing.  We were wondering if it'll have play features with several minifigures much like new Tantive IV and MF.

I prefer the big UCS vehicle sets to be more focused on the ship itself. I could do without the exclusive figures and play features. But I can definitely see TLG taking that route with the new ISD. 

What in the hell is up with LEGO? Lazy MotherF*%*#rs! Another Y-Wing...another Falcon...another A-Wing...blah blah blah. I don't care if it's for the new movie. I guess the rest of the ships in Episode IX suck enough to not be made? Yoda is pretty sick though, no I mean it, literally, it looks like he's done a bit too much meth by the look of those eyes. Ok, rant over. Have a nice day everyone, sunshine and roses!!!! ?

Star Wars is so dead. Saying this as a fan.

Glad I last invested in this theme back in 2013/14. Those were sets still tripling in price. No surprise. They're iconic prequel vehicles and LEGO doesn't produce those anymore. 

Nobody wants the new stuff from the new movies. You can tell by the prices and overall sales. 

The only thing I can see uping the popularity of Star Wars are new Clone Wars sets (new season coming).

It certainly won't reach the old insanity level where any stuff from the catalog was selling, but some people who left the boat years ago may start buying again.

8 hours ago, exciter1 said:

This pose would have been better?

image.png

Yeah, it would.  I mean, he looks like if Yoda had sex with something from Five Nights at Freddy's.  You can't unsee it.  Maybe I'm in the minority, but 7194 is better.  I cannot believe somebody signed off on how the eyes look.  They ruin the entire set.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, mudcatsfan said:

Very much agree on the round ports, they look very out of place somehow. Maybe because of familiarity. Not sure.

One thing to consider when New Star Wars movies are released. Since the Hasbro, Hot Toys, Hot Wheels, Lego, etc.toys leak LONG before the film comes out, the first wave of any release is often non-spoiler heavy. 

That's ONE contributing factor to getting re-hashes, or things you already know about. Y-Wing, A-Wing, Kylo's shuttle, the Falcon, etc.

If there's something new, original, or shocking design stuff in the film, you're probably not going to see it till Wave 2, 3, etc.

On the rare occasion you do see a NEW vehicle (Like the desert speeders) then its PROBABLY already in the trailer. (which it was)

If in Ep 9 the Emperor has spinning dark side force blades for arms and light sabers coming out of his pants, they wouldn't want to put THAT toy in Wave 1.  (much to our dismay)

The amount of coordination to make sure there's a progression in plot reveal across toy-lines and in trailer timing is pretty impressive. 

I'd provide examples, but I'm fairly sure I'm right, so i won't bother ;)

And yes they sometimes get it way wrong. IE: Kylo Shuttle 1's wings, the AT-ST Heavy Crawler, Snow Speeder cut from the film, etc.

I have been making $5 per LEGO set long enough to know how the sausage was made.  I was fully aware of the planning involved in creating the first wave.  But consider this, the first wave of TFA consisted of Rey's Speeder. FO Transport, and Kylo's Shuttle.  Were they the most inspired designs? No.  But at least they were not blatant rehash of old ships or looked like something a 6 year old could come up with.  Some may still count this wave 1 of epIX as progress.  However, I would quote Ace of Base: "I saw the sign" . 

Anyway what do I know. ?‍♂️  Nothing to see here.  Back to praising the creativity of LEGO and Disney  :drag: :drag: :drag:

I’m excited about this. SW is so much bigger than the films. We see hints of it in Solo and Rogue One and get to see the animated version in Clone Wars, but a true series is really where this franchise needs to be. Disney + is going for Netflix’s throat with this, Loki and Hulu and ESPN.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum
  • Like 1