10268 - Vestas Wind Turbine

HandyHand

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Haay said:

Oh, comparing the (confidential) box-shot of the new 10268 with the 4999 box shot, it looks like an identical remake.

Of course, LEGO are too lazy to give us what we want. 11pcs is probably a typo meaning 1pc - the brick separator. How this company is still in business is beyond me as it's just disappointment after disappointment these days. Not one set this year has floated my boat. I used to be interested for the love of the toy and company and now it's just for the money.

The original 4999 appears to be a promotional item, a limited edition released in conjunction with Vestas (according to B-set . com).  Was it for purchase or an expensive giveaway?  The lack of a listed RRP on B-Set suggests it was free, I wonder what we should anticipate RRP for 10268 to be.  Living in Iowa I see these when I drive across the state, reminds me of the oil pumps I saw when driving across Texas.  I'd pick one of these up.

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

Of course, LEGO are too lazy to give us what we want. 11pcs is probably a typo meaning 1pc - the brick separator. How this company is still in business is beyond me as it's just disappointment after disappointment these days. Not one set this year has floated my boat. I used to be interested for the love of the toy and company and now it's just for the money.

quiet old grumpy, I could name plenty of sets from actual product line which I like from design point of view

2 hours ago, thedingman5 said:

Seeing as power functions are included, I'll guess $120 USD.

That's where I was guessing, $129.99 to $149.99... I noticed 42065 Lego Technic RC Tracked Racer is $99.99 and has a battery pack, couple motors and a remote but only 320 pieces.  42080 Lego Technic Forest Machine has 1003 pieces, power functions (and also includes pneumatic system) for $149.99.  Another way to estimate is $0.12 per piece + $25 for power functions, that's ($0.12 * 826) + $25 = $124.12 and that's pretty close to your price point.  Likely to be a Shop@Home deal or pushing this out to retailers?  We'll know soon enough.

Does it include a mini solar panel to run it? It will be kind of counter intuitive to use batteries to run a wind turbine that is suppose to be "environmentally friendly" while the consumers use battery cells to run the power functions that is harmful to the environment.

Edited by tacsniper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, kumas said:

60200,60154,60182,60150,31084,75952,75954,21310,70618,70654,70656,70632,70615,70616,70612,75877,75885,75191,75172,42080,42055,10261,70922,70620,10247,10257 in your face

Thank you for the list, I only replied to get some ideas.

3 hours ago, tacsniper said:

Does it include a mini solar panel to run it? It will be kind of counter intuitive to use batteries to run a wind turbine that is suppose to be "environmentally friendly" while the consumers use battery cells to run the power functions that is harmful to the environment.

The turbine actually works and charges the power functions...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, crayxlp said:

Im just curious! My folks are all into renewable energy and since they loved the LEGO Edu Energy set I was thinking about getting this as a complimentary kit.. 

@CrabslayerT is talking about the Irish spec one which also plays Enya´s Greatest Hits at very low volume with the excess energy.

The rest of the world will just get standard PF2.0 with 6 x AAA alkaline batteries, I guess.

11 hours ago, crayxlp said:

Did you have a possibility to measure the charging current etc? how long does it take in avg to re-charge a completely depleated battery?

10 hours ago, crayxlp said:

Im just curious! My folks are all into renewable energy and since they loved the LEGO Edu Energy set I was thinking about getting this as a complimentary kit.. 

10 hours ago, Val-E said:

@CrabslayerT is talking about the Irish spec one which also plays Enya´s Greatest Hits at very low volume with the excess energy.

The rest of the world will just get standard PF2.0 with 6 x AAA alkaline batteries, I guess.

The Irish spec one also distills whiskey and peels potatoes. 

I work in offshore wind now and will be getting one of these, maybe moc an offshore foundation and CTV to go with it

US $199.99 - CA $249.99 - DE 179.99€ - FR 179.99€ - UK £159.99 - AU $329.99 - DK 1499.00DKK

Available on the 23rd of November.

Build and discover the iconic Vestas Wind Turbine!

Celebrate green energy innovation with the LEGO Creator Expert 10268 Vestas Wind Turbine. Developed in partnership with Vestas, this detailed, motorized LEGO model captures the elegance and graceful movement of a traditional wind turbine and features a new-for-January 2019 spruce tree, manufactured from sustainably sourced plant-based plastic. At approximately 39” (1m) high, the structure towers above a wooded hill and a house with furnished patio, mailbox, flowers and a white picket fence. Turn the nacelle left or right and switch on the included Power Functions motor to rotate the adjustable wind turbine blades and illuminate the cottage’s porch light.

OHKwn7gj1gg.jpg

Still the old PF version.