75251 - Darth Vader's Castle

exciter1

Lego SaH in the UK is also now showing Pre-order today for shipping on 1st December. Limit of two.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've not seen a Pre-order option from Lego before.

While for them it's a great way of assessing demand (so in effect they are manufacturing to order) and also helps cashflow (not that they need it) by taking payment TWO MONTHS in advance I for one think this strategy is not going to go down well.

I for one will not be ordering.

Tower of Orthanc - Star Wars Edition.

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:45 PM, exciter1 said:

Amazon Exclusive - $129.99

I guess with Toys R Us gone, the exclusives go elsewhere.

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:24 AM, lukiepete said:

If anyone has been following the VR Oculus Quest that's coming out this spring alongside Vader Immortal... it looks kinda bad @$$. 

That does look pretty darn cool.

• 2 years later...
4 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

I haven't paid much attention to this set, but I know stock has been in and out for awhile. No limit at amazon now with 10% discount. I have no idea if this has been the normal price.

I'm assuming this set will be done shortly?

not on the stonewars list.  orderable in europe.  toos in us.  not looking like its going this month.

i just tried for the first time in a while and i'm finally ungated on this set on amazon and can add it to my amazon store inventory - might buy a few.

• Like 1

I was told by a LEGO mgr (mid-pandemic) this set is a poor seller.  Admittedly, while LEGO was sold out of most $100+ sets, this one was still on the shelf.  

However, it is an Amazon exclusive so the only other place it is available is LEGO Shop at Home.  Personally, I don't think it is a bad set, it just lacks wide-spread availability.  I picked up a few when they were 38% off on Amazon.  

In its favor, if you type in "lego vader,"  on Amazon, Vader's Castle is the first thing that pops up.

36 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

I was told by a LEGO mgr (mid-pandemic) this set is a poor seller.  Admittedly, while LEGO was sold out of most $100+ sets, this one was still on the shelf.  

However, it is an Amazon exclusive so the only other place it is available is LEGO Shop at Home.  Personally, I don't think it is a bad set, it just lacks wide-spread availability.  I picked up a few when they were 38% off on Amazon.  

In its favor, if you type in "lego vader,"  on Amazon, Vader's Castle is the first thing that pops up.

I wonder why.  Recently stumbled across it and thought it looks cool with a lot of playability features. Grabbed one on Amazon. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mathew said:

What does “Overbox” mean?  That’s the only shipping option I see for this set through Amazon. 

I wondered the same thing. Mine came in a cardboard box. Was worried they would slap a shipping label on the box and send it out. Glad it wasn’t the case.

More than one of us believes this is a winner, it's just not talked about much. It's also not on retiring lists so still plenty of time it would seem. I've got a couple, but twenty+ of these is going to take up some space I'm not ready to designate quite yet.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

What's the likelihood of a set like this being reproduced?  To me it seems very unlikely unless we see it show up in future Star Wars media.  Any guesses as to what the ceiling could be on a set like this in a couple years?  Roughly 45 sellers on Amazon between the two listings that come up when searched for and 100 listing on ebay.  As those numbers dwindle could we see $300+?