Tru back from the dead?

rcdb1984

2 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

How so?  Target is starting its own 3PS platform like Walmart.  What better way to introduce it than using 1 of the most recognized brand?

I guess I'm just anticipating consumer confusion and low conversion rates.  A buyer shopping at TRU.com gets kicked over to Target to make a purchase.  They should have made that more seamless.  Too many steps to buy and checkout.  Plus, TRU isn't rebuilding a customer base with this model unless Target is sharing the data back with them.

48 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

I guess I'm just anticipating consumer confusion and low conversion rates.  A buyer shopping at TRU.com gets kicked over to Target to make a purchase.  They should have made that more seamless.  Too many steps to buy and checkout.  Plus, TRU isn't rebuilding a customer base with this model unless Target is sharing the data back with them.

What are you talking about?  This is an awesome customer experience!

image.thumb.png.28291b6912a9fd73dfb316bd1efd6fbb.png

CLICK annnnnnnnnd.....

image.thumb.png.606fac6d696b5fc66c72c762f4836366.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, exciter1 said:

it's the new "thing"...stores like Target and Walmart designating a part of their floor space (or cyber identity) to a 3rd party retailer...Target already has a mini-Disney Store within their walls.

soon the targets and walmarts are going to feel like a food court or maybe a mall with mulitple "stations" run by 3rd party.

Basically the core concept of a mall is coming back both in the B&M and in online shopping

...not sure if it will work or if there will only be 1 store in 20 years : Amazon...just like how Taco Bell won the restaurant wars.

15 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

it's the new "thing"...stores like Target and Walmart designating a part of their floor space (or cyber identity) to a 3rd party retailer...Target already has a mini-Disney Store within their walls.

soon the targets and walmarts are going to feel like a food court or maybe a mall with mulitple "stations" run by 3rd party.

Basically the core concept of a mall is coming back both in the B&M and in online shopping

...not sure if it will work or if there will only be 1 store in 20 years : Amazon...just like how Taco Bell won the restaurant wars.

Malls would work if they sold stuff people use.  Besides an Apple or LEGO store, many malls are filled with BS retailers that 18 year olds shop at.  Most 18 years olds have no money, thus the issue with malls.

I read this article yesterday too and what I'm really confused about is who's inventory is ToysRUs using? Is it really their own inventory or is it Target's? They mention about Target's logistics expertise, so then I assume it's Target's inventory. But, if that were the case, why would Target even want to have ToysRUs selling Target's inventory?

I don't quite understand how they're going to execute this plan and what the end goal really is.

18 minutes ago, skinsfan0521 said:

I read this article yesterday too and what I'm really confused about is who's inventory is ToysRUs using? Is it really their own inventory or is it Target's? They mention about Target's logistics expertise, so then I assume it's Target's inventory. But, if that were the case, why would Target even want to have ToysRUs selling Target's inventory?

I don't quite understand how they're going to execute this plan and what the end goal really is.

i would think tru have its separate inventory, just being managed by target

• 11 months later...
2 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

I know someone who can still sell you most of these sets in large quantity ... although he will probably try to swindle you into a terrible deal. @Bold-Arrow

I think this was around the time we were using $10 off $40 at TRU (Wendy's coupons) too. I probably have those Wendy's Kid's Meal toys tucked away somewhere too.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

very much miss TRU. drove by one of their old locations recently that is now a furniture store. shed a tear and told my daughter all about it. told her it was the most fantastic place on earth. 

It’s still going strong in Canada, even with COVID. If the border ever reopens you’re all welcome to come up for a nostalgia trip. 

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

very much miss TRU. drove by one of their old locations recently that is now a furniture store. shed a tear and told my daughter all about it. told her it was the most fantastic place on earth. 

My kids miss it. They enjoyed going there. My Mom avoided taking me there when I was a kid, for obvious reasons. I had to raid the toy aisles at Hills and Sears.

Mine is still there....all the signs up and everything. It just stares at me taunting me. Im lucky that the manager let me take the entire Lego department displays when it closed. I even have the Lego canvas curtains they hung over the top stock and even the red Lego sign that hung over the section. 

• Like 6

Remember this gem?  Just came across it as I was looking up the Compact Crane from another thread.  Think we were picking these up at $10 and flipping for $40+ at the time.  Look at it now.  I just don't get the attraction -- especially at that price.

Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 5.32.58 PM.png

Edited by gmpirate

1 hour ago, gmpirate said:

Remember this gem?  Just came across it as I was looking up the Compact Crane from another thread.  Think we were picking these up at $10 and flipping for $40+ at the time.  Look at it now.  I just don't get the attraction -- especially at that price.

Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 5.32.58 PM.png

I never understood the attraction at $50, geesh!