Star Wars Ultimate Collector Series UCS - Wish List

cvail8

Jaisonline, what's this you know about a new Sandcrawler? I'll probably still want the old one, anyway.

If I had to choose between Mos Eisley Cantina and Cloud City, I'd choose Mos Eisley. I think it would make a more atrractive and cohesive set, and I want 18 alien minifigs. I see the model as a greebled-up adobe hut in light tan, with a removable roof, and sections which separate from the main structure. So you'd show off this weird brown hut, pop the roof off, and inside you've got a main room with the bar, maybe 15x12studs, enough room for Ben to chop chop. Then you've got three small modules connected by technic pins. One is the band. One is the booth. The last is the whole front wall of the building.

Then you could display it with the roof and front wall off, so it looks like a diorama. Awesome Sauce.

Jaisonline, what's this you know about a new Sandcrawler? I'll probably still want the old one, anyway.

I know nothing, insider-wise, pure speculation. From the Cuusoo video, when 3D Ep 4 was due in theaters, going in 6 years since 10144 was retired, still cant buyba Jawa outside of this set, etc...

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love a new Imperial Star Destroyer. That's the most iconic ship next to the Millenium Falcon. And it better be an updated and sturdy version and not like the 10030

I'm guessing 2015 at the earliest for an updated Star Destroyer. The Super Star Destroyer isn't retired yet, prob will by the end of this year. No way Lego is going to release a version like it right after, so earliest would be 2015.

My guess though is for spring 2015 they are going to have a very, very special UCS to concide with Star Wars Ep 7. My guess? Slave I. There's probably going to be a very special minifig for May 4th, and possibly Celebration VII.

How about a bust of Luke Skywalker.

Nah, I don't think I'd be into that.  Something weird about a Lego bust of a "real looking" human face or head.  It just doesn't work well.  Not sure I'd want to stare at Luke's handsome face for any length of time :D

Characters with helmets or alien features always look better with that sort of thing I think.

• Like 1

Nah, I don't think I'd be into that.  Something weird about a Lego bust of a "real looking" human face or head.  It just doesn't work well.  Not sure I'd want to stare at Luke's handsome face for any length of time :D

Characters with helmets or alien features always look better with that sort of thing I think.

Yeah. It's a little hard to recreate a human face and make a model. LEGO does a great job at it with their displays of Super Heroes, different licensed characters, etc, but those are massive. A regular-sized model wouldn't look too hot.

I think Boba/Jango Fett would do decent as busts... Maybe we should all spam LEGO Customer Service and demand more busts...

• 2 weeks later...

A chrome gold C3P-O, proportionate in size to UCS R2.

You want to talk about a piece that will never happen, this is it.  Pearl gold?  Maybe. But this thing would cost them so much to make that it would cost buyers a fortune for all the chromed pieces.  They don't even make chrome lightsabers anymore, they'll never make a chrome set.

• 4 weeks later...