75987 - Omnic Bastion (Blizzard Exclusive)

OMNIC Bastion, Blizz Store Exclusive. Awesome to see him brick-built, however if this is meant to fit in with the minifig line then he's a bit on the larger side.

unnamed.thumb.jpg.dc94ec48ba7b1cf8530362e7f70c9600.jpg

Order here:  https://gear.blizzard.com/us/lego-overwatch-bastion-blizzard-exclusive/?blzcmp=app&utm_campaign=ow-lego-bastion-101018&utm_content=overwatch&utm_medium=community&utm_source=launcher&grp=1

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Sandwraith said:

OMNIC Bastion, Blizz Store Exclusive. Awesome to see him brick-built, however if this is meant to fit in with the minifig line then he's a bit on the larger side.

I am sure this was only cooked up because Blizzcon is coming, and has not much to do with the actual line.

23 minutes ago, inversion said:

I am sure this was only cooked up because Blizzcon is coming, and has not much to do with the actual line.

Yeah that's probably the case, comes with a little display stand/placard too, so probably a one-off thing.

Or it could also be a different scaled line with brickbuilt figures for the "robot" style characters, that would be cool. There's a million different versions/exclusives they could release with all the skins...

19 minutes ago, Aup27 said:

Anyone know or try to purchase this with in game gold from WOW? I know you can purchase games by using in game currency for tokens, but never tried merchandise.  

Never mind, after googling, doesnt look like they allow for merchandise purchases using this format. Only digital content. Pipe dream dashed.

43 minutes ago, Frank Brickowski said:

What quantities would be "legitimate" to really call this a "limited set"? A total of 5,000 produced? 10,000? 50,000?

What quantities have there been of comparable "limited" releases in the past?

4x4 technic crawler was limited edition with 20k made. 

• Like 2

I know sweet FA about Overwatch, so I'm not that impressed by what I'm seeing here. 

Do they ship worldwide or this limited to certain countries? 

I could add 22,000 to my cart but not 23,000.  22,454 was the most it would let me add.  I like the Forma fish better, but I like this buy-in more.

Edited by fuzzy_bricks

14 hours ago, Sandwraith said:

Similar to the brick built Groot from the Guardians sets a while back, the scale is off when comparing minifigure to human proportions; however the design for the size feels relatively spot-on. D.Va's mech will probably end up being a little bit larger considering.

2 hours ago, Wildemar said:

Initially 25k were available for US + 5k were available for rest of world.

Could the 25,000 for the US contain the allotment for BlizzCon 2018? If not, how many more could there be for the event, how many would people buy there on site? I'm only wondering because 30,000 sounds more like a complete production number than 35,000 (should they really plan to sell up to 5,000 sets at BlizzCon, which I don't suppose).

Still more than 20,000 available to order on gear.blizzard.com. If this "limited" edition is more than 30,000 sets then it really isn't much of a limited edition (until it sells out and is not reproduced). For comparison, the Brickheadz from 2016 SD Comic con were 1,500 each. I'd call this set more of an Exclusive than a Limited Edition.