Ideas #023: 21315 - Pop-Up Book

warezz

Whether or not this set succeeds or flops as an investment, one thing for absolute certainty is that this set is made of pure creative win and is stunning. This set is the epitome of what I believe the reason Lego Ideas was created for in the first place. 

But yeah if that thing is a sticker then I'll be like "dang, oh well".

• Like 5

22 hours ago, warezz said:

In stock 26 October. 79,99€

Now that is an eye-catching cover. I wonder how for the popup section LEGO focused down to those two stories betwixt one about a down market youth stealing from a 'vertically gifted' individual even causing said individual to plummet to his death and the other about a ravenous wolf apparently with a stomach the size of an abyss which gets sliced open by the local woodcutter letting free the previously devoured child with her elder.

Anywho, this is a nice setup for even more storybook characters and dioramas.

16 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

This HAS to be as exclusive as possible for it to succeed IMHO.

You already know the answer to its exclusivity. Ideas sets are everywhere.  This will be like Maze and Ship in a Bottle.  It might even enjoy a little QF action around the holidays, as I can imagine grandma and grandpa thinking Timmy and Suzy would like this for Christmas.

14 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

If the concept success, I imagine they will do a number of fairy tales.

Lack of support for the Maze leads me to believe they wouldn't do that here. Although I agree with you that it'd be nice if they did.  I've always thought it'd be nice if they would do a theme of classic literature that bundled a paperback book with the set.  You know, actually encouraging literacy with creativity. But hey, riding the coattails of successful books, like HP and LotR, works too.

Wow everything about the set looks great. I hope we get a nice gift with purchase when this is released. From the looks of it, it seems like those pieces are printed. You can usually tell right away whether a piece is printed or has a sticker applied over it because you can literally see the sticker edges. But at the same time, the Lego piece with the title is one giant smooth plate piece so we can't rule out the possibility of stickers. Has there ever been a smooth plate piece that big? Well I guess we will find out once we get the official pr.

Edit. Wait, I just noticed the box. It seems like the box is the regular box and not the fancy flip up box that we usually get for the idea sets. I don't understand why lego would cheap out? on a box for a special set like this once. I understand for the sets like Saturn V, and Voltron. But this set looks to be around the size of the Ship in the bottle set so why are we suddenly getting a regular box? Well, I guess it isn't from Lego if it doesn't have at least one flaw.

Edited by lebrick