opening a brick and mortar lego resale store

That is awesome, great job and stick to it.  My son is having his twice birthday party at bricks and minifigs.  New owner, first was a solid winner.  We have bought much and traded with the prior owner.  I would have loved to buy the store but just wrong timing.  Your passion for lego will make all the difference. I spent a bundle there because of it.  Even though online was cheaper, you can't replace passion with price.

• Like 1

Actually Clintonjoseph, Lego does have a wholesaling channel! It's called ITD Orders. I'm dealing with them right now as a matter a fact, they wholesale Lego sets, mini-figures, watches etc. 

You have to fill out a business form they send you if you want to join, if your a brick and mortar store, like yours, you have to send pictures of your store as well. But that's just an idea if you want to wholesale sets from Lego. 

I would need to wholesale the products from Lego for my online subscription business, so it is possible to wholesale. Sense I'm doing  an online business and you have a brick and mortar store, the rules might be different. Not shore? 

I'm not allowed to give out their email, for some reason. :( They want it to be private. 

BUT, go to Lego.com and ask customer support for more info on ITD. If your interested that is. 

Keep it up! :) 

P.S If you do decide to try out ITD Orders, they can reject you after you send the form. :( But keep sending the business form and see what happens. I got rejected, so if you do to, don't worry, try again like I'm doing. 

11 minutes ago, The Builder said:

Actually Clintonjoseph, Lego does have a wholesaling channel! It's called ITD Orders. I'm dealing with them right now as a matter a fact, they wholesale Lego sets, mini-figures, watches etc. 

You have to fill out a business form they send you if you want to join, if your a brick and mortar store, like yours, you have to send pictures of your store as well. But that's just an idea if you want to wholesale sets from Lego. 

I would need to wholesale the products from Lego for my online subscription business, so it is possible to wholesale. Sense I'm doing  an online business and you have a brick and mortar store, the rules might be different. Not shore? 

I'm not allowed to give out their email, for some reason. :( They want it to be private. 

BUT, go to Lego.com and ask customer support for more info on ITD. If your interested that is. 

P.S If you do decide to try out ITD Orders, they can reject you after you send the form. :( But keep sending the business form and see what happens. I got rejected, so if you do to, don't worry, try again like I'm doing. 

Let us know if any of the following have changed recently regarding ITD:

1. have to have a brick and mortar store for minimum 2 years open

2. can't sell more than 50% Lego

3. online sales strictly prohibited

4. minimum order must include all product lines, no pick and choose

There's a reason why very few BrickPickers have ITD accounts.   In addition, I've been told that even if you are accepted, you can expect sets 3-6 months after general release.   They fill Amazon/Target/WalMart first before they bother with the ITD orders.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

It would be nice to know what the wholesale prices are along with price breaks. I'm guessing that big players must be getting at least 70% discount to afford overheads, free P&P and yet still offer big discounts.

30 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

It would be nice to know what the wholesale prices are along with price breaks. I'm guessing that big players must be getting at least 70% discount to afford overheads, free P&P and yet still offer big discounts.

From what I've seen in the past, LEGO wholesale prices are a joke (unless something has changed).

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

not even close

1 hour ago, Jackson said:

From what I've seen in the past, LEGO wholesale prices are a joke (unless something has changed).

Any examples please?

It seems like LEGO doesn't do sale-or-return otherwise a lot would be going back if the wholesale discount was poor, right?

8 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Any examples please?

It seems like LEGO doesn't do sale-or-return otherwise a lot would be going back if the wholesale discount was poor, right?

A local Mom & Pop toy store that closed down a couple years ago here had an account with Lego. They had a minimum yearly requirement that was pretty steep along with very little margins (10-15% off MSRP). I never saw them with sets that were >500 pieces, likely due to the price. I've talked to the previous owner a couple times this year as I've been working out my business details and her recommendation was to source anywhere else if possible.

12 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Any examples please?

they range based on set but go from 30-40% for the big retailers.   Most licensed sets 30,  unlicensed up to 40.  

• Like 1

In the US if you are Lucky enough to get a Wholesale Account,"You Cannot get the Exclusives" only the regular sets, and on a $120 set Lego lets you make about $20-30 on the set and you pay $10 a box shipping. These days you can get most sets cheaper. I had a wholesale account for about 8 yrs back in 2004 and up back then it was free shipping, and Lego wasn't doing that good, they would call me up all the time asking me what I wanted. But in 2012 they changed there wholesale policy, about having a real store,etc.    Ed

3 hours ago, The Builder said:

Sounds real easy.  Where can I join?  

• Haha 1