Speed Champions 2019

Villager Chris

Speaking from personal experience, I've made a KILLING with lego speed champion sets!! I bought three speed champion sets to test the investment, and they more then doubled in just a few months!! 

75871-1: FORD MUSTANG GT I bought for $9.50 now it's at $27.88! 

75899-1: LAFERRARI I bought for $15.00 now it's at $33.87 

75909-1: MCLAREN P1 I bought for $15.00 now it's at $35.27! 

One of my specialties is speed champion sets! And so far the other speed champion sets are doing very well!! I bought a lot of the new ones they've come out with this year, and they'er doing great! 

But as far as that one goes, I'm not quite shore to be honest. But when it comes out I'll get back to you, in 2019. 

I always wonder why the first leaks (at anything) are just some scrambled piece of paper   apparently a manual cover page and not the box itself. .. SCRAMBLED.. like someone in the factory tore that page away, crumbled it and later on unrolled it and made a picture of it?

1 minute ago, The Builder said:

Speaking from personal experience, I've made a KILLING with lego speed champion sets!! I bought three speed champion sets to test the investment, and they more then doubled in just a few months!! 

75871-1: FORD MUSTANG GT I bought for $9.50 now it's at $27.88! 

75899-1: LAFERRARI I bought for $15.00 now it's at $33.87 

75909-1: MCLAREN P1 I bought for $15.00 now it's at $35.27! 

One of my specialties is speed champion sets! And so far the other speed champion sets are doing very well!! I bought a lot of the new ones they've come out with this year, and they'er doing great! 

But as far as that one goes, I'm not quite shore to be honest. But when it comes out I'll get back to you, in 2019. 

.. I'm glad that for once I can state that my grammar is better THAN one of the US locals.. :D.. feels so good..   

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, The Builder said:

And how have they improved over time? 

all of them over RRP .. but to share with you the exact results is pointless b/c US an EU market are totally different.. plus even If I wanted to offload them on the US market, the overseas shipping charges kill that..

Edited by crayxlp
  • Like 1

Reasons for SC success:

• Low Chance of Repeats/Rehash
  • Pull of brand enthusiasts
  • Small Box Size
  • Sets typically hit all the various price points
  • Known/well estimated life on shelf

Challenges:

• No longer exclusive to TRU and Lego Stores
  • Larger quantity of people that buy in because of above.

Glad to see some of the rumor mill starting up. Set looks pretty good, makes me wonder what the other Makes represented will be for 2019.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Reasons for SC success:

• Low Chance of Repeats/Rehashes

Erm in 4 seasons they have done 3 McLaren road cars and god knows how many 911´s. Even the 919 hybrid has been done twice as has the Ferrari 458 GTE.

I get that car buffs will want all the variants though.

It would be nice if they could do some Lambos, Aston Martins and other exotic brands.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, The Builder said:

Can you tell me how much it's growth percent wise in your country? I know that both the U.S and the E.U markets are different, but how has it progressed percent wise in your country? 

In the U.S I've gotten returns up to 135% on speed champions. I don't know what that equates to in the E.U? 

it all depends on the buy-in.. if you mean by 139 % back (in your case) that you bought one for 10 USD and sol id for 13.90 USD, thats nothing interesting. Some of mine got sold for triple and a bit over the original price (aka 10 USD buy in, 32 USD sold)

• Like 1

I sold some of my speed champion sets for triple what I paid, I think that when it comes to speed champions, really any set would work. At least in my opinion. 

My first deal I got about 150% back in a few months, that was the tester. My second deal I bought for $15.99 and it's at $35.99 now! That's what I call a good return! :) 

But, the only thing that I find difficult about investing in Lego sets, whether speed champions or city sets, I can't really analyse them like you can stocks or real estate. I do stocks too. ;) But I still like investing in them! 

P.S Good to know that I'm not the only one with grammar glitches. 

1 hour ago, crayxlp said:

it all depends on the buy-in.. if you mean by 139 % back (in your case) that you bought one for 10 USD and sol id for 13.90 USD, thats nothing interesting. Some of mine got sold for triple and a bit over the original price (aka 10 USD buy in, 32 USD sold)

I feel better now. 

3 hours ago, The Builder said:

I sold some of my speed champion sets for triple what I paid, I think that when it comes to speed champions, really any set would work. At least in my opinion. 

My first deal I got about 150% back in a few months, that was the tester. My second deal I bought for $15.99 and it's at $35.99 now! That's what I call a good return! :) 

But, the only thing that I find difficult about investing in Lego sets, whether speed champions or city sets, I can't really analyse them like you can stocks or real estate. I do stocks too. ;) But I still like investing in them! 

P.S Good to know that I'm not the only one with grammar glitches. 

I feel better now. 

Funny, first of all these are not grammar mistakes but typing mistakes and you should see the difference.. the reason why I usually omit this sign " ' " like dont vs. don't is that its not present on our localized keyboard layout and I would have to switch every now and then to EN keyboard just to type it - and back. So find something better and keep on mind that Im not a native speaker.. 

Edited by crayxlp
  • Like 1