Speed Champions 2019

Villager Chris

9 hours ago, Substored said:

Ok got my first shipment of the speed Champions and I just noticed the Ferrari 488 GT3 and the Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H both have Official Ferrari Stickers on the sides which includes a collectors #... I dont see this on any of the other cars. Is this just for Ferrari's only? And Does this mean im going to have to keep an Eye open for "Rare" number combinations just like in $ collecting.. ? 

Yes, only the Ferrari have number-ed stickers. Great point about "rare" number combination.

But given they coming in and being stored in a pallet, I have not have a chance to check each individual number (just kidding!) ?

Guest TabbyBoy
4 hours ago, hankdelsi said:

are they printed tires on the camaro or stickers?

Good question, stickers will STOP me from adding it to my collection. I DON'T do stickers and nor should LEGO. There were no stickers when I was a kid so why should I have them now?

This is the only remaining theme that I still have high hopes for and I can say I am content with this year. With that said, this would've been a perfect year to introduce few new pieces including a new windshield piece for the F40 set as almost all speed champions sets look derpy from the front and back due to the car body being 6 stud wide build while windshield only being 4 stud wide. I say this because when they designed the creator F40, they introduced a new windshield which eased the transition. At least, it seems like we are finally getting a printed piece with a Ferrari logo, albeit a tiny piece. This is a long overdue as I am still salty about LEGO not including a printed rounded piece with a Ferrari logo in a big F40 set.

Thankfully, The Mini Cooper is a 5 wide build as it should, so I am hoping it will look great from all angles. It's just unfortunate that to get that Mini Cooper, we are also forced to purchase the Mini Mech... At least, I wish the pillars are printed... 

Edited by lebrick

Guest TabbyBoy
19 minutes ago, Scatterbug said:

Well that looks like the runt of the litter.

If the hideous Delorean can exceed 4x RRP then these will go to the moon! In these days of environmental austerity, muscle cars will still have a huge following. I'm in for armsweeping these when >50% off. I'm quite ugly myself and have done OK ?

On 11/30/2018 at 11:04 PM, phlego said:

if someone was to have all the SC sets and wanted to sell, what is a good prices for each series complete in boxes? 

https://imgur.com/o9qutM4

I miss only that Ferrari truck and my initial price would be 1.25 local RRP... if anyone wanted to pick up "just the cherries", i would charge him  a really hefty XTRA as to breaking my "unique collection".. 

Need Advice: I love the Speed Champion Series (Love LEGO cars in general) and just recently got into them...so many great sets.

Anyway, if you had $150 to spend what set(s) would you get today...keeping in mind best bang for the buck...thanks for your input!

I have been thinking about the Ferrari set w/ the Dyno/wind tunnel...so I can put different cars on the Dyno

Also the Ferrari Truck...again so I can put differnt cars in the trailer

Also the 2018 Ferrari set since it comes w 3 cars

Recently got the Ford GT40 set (really love this set and may just get a 2nd to keep in box)

Been considering the Ideas Catterham...but looks like no hurry since price hasn't moved on it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2018 at 10:15 PM, Lordoflego said:

9005C110-C3FA-4DA7-95E9-C822AA6DB4CB.jpeg

This seems to be the hot ticket right now.  I'm basing that solely on Target going in and out of stock on the other 2019 Speed Champion sets (probably due to 20% off right away on release date) but this particular set remains unavailable there.  On Amazon it is shown as available at retail but "Ships within 2 to 5 weeks"???  At the time of writing this, in stock at Wal-Mart but Qty 1 remaining (full retail).  Backordered on LEGO Shop at Home.

I also saw the TV commercial which included these.  Is that part of what might be driving interest in this?  Is it the price point, which is between a single car at $15 and the usual $50 and $100 sets.  I'm going to swing by my Target and see if I can snag one of these.  Only one in the series I haven't gotten yet.

This seems to be the hot ticket right now.  I'm basing that solely on Target going in and out of stock on the other 2019 Speed Champion sets (probably due to 20% off right away on release date) but this particular set remains unavailable there.  On Amazon it is shown as available at retail but "Ships within 2 to 5 weeks"???  At the time of writing this, in stock at Wal-Mart but Qty 1 remaining (full retail).  Backordered on LEGO Shop at Home.
I also saw the TV commercial which included these.  Is that part of what might be driving interest in this?  Is it the price point, which is between a single car at $15 and the usual $50 and $100 sets.  I'm going to swing by my Target and see if I can snag one of these.  Only one in the series I haven't gotten yet.
As a die hard MOPAR guy. Yes this is an awesome set. Stock levels have been drying up all around me. So its hot and will be stocking up over its lifetime.

Sent from my ancient phone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2019 at 11:35 AM, vincevaughn said:

As a die hard MOPAR guy. Yes this is an awesome set. Stock levels have been drying up all around me. So its hot and will be stocking up over its lifetime.

Sent from my ancient phone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Stock levels are depleted at all Targets near me. I bet they will have more stock but I am not letting this slip away like the FXX set...

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Val-E said:

75895 one more single car coming this year. Any ideas what it could be?

Also seems there is a Forza pack based on SC coming soon.

what does the Xbox mark have to do anything with that?

Edited by crayxlp