Odd lego jurassic world set packaging.

Lego Collector 777

Bought this Lego set at toys r us canada online a few years back , but when I received my order by mail back then , one of the lids of the set is oddly packaged. (please refer to picture)

The seals do not look like they have been opened at all.

I weighed the set on a postal scale and it weighed 1.222 grams.  

When I checked bricklink it says this set weighs 1.170 grams in weight.

I would like to sell this set , but not sure if there would be something wrong inside it??

I really do not want to open the box , because it would make this set worth less money....  But on the other hand would like to make sure there is nothing wrong with the contents inside.

Any thoughts or opinions regarding this??  

PICTURE 111.jpg

22 hours ago, Lego Collector 777 said:

Bought this Lego set at toys r us canada online a few years back , but when I received my order by mail back then , one of the lids of the set is oddly packaged. (please refer to picture)

I would like to sell this set , but not sure if there would be something wrong inside it??

I really do not want to open the box , because it would make this set worth less money....  But on the other hand would like to make sure there is nothing wrong with the contents inside.

I actually think that this could be that kind of RARITY that people collecting banknotes are really looking for.. you know. wrong print etc.. I would consider that as an ADDED VALUE :)

Guest TabbyBoy
22 hours ago, Lego Collector 777 said:

A fussy customer once complained that a 60124 Volcano set that I sent them was about 100g too heavy and insisted that I sold them bogus-bricks - WTF! Why would they weigh it if they weren't an untrusting reseller too? Of course, that buyer is now blocked.

I told them to open the box and then complain. They did and it had a sealed bag containing 10 brick separators! Everything else was present and correct. Just sell it using those photos and you'll be fine. If in doubt, just open it and reseal it and you should hopefully get your money back - just ?

If I can, I also include a copy of the original delivery note proving that the set is new and where it came from, at least this doesn't include the price I paid.

I'm a sign-maker by trade and I simply print new codes in exactly the same way and reapply if I can get the old ones off cleanly. If not, I simply sell it as opened and take a photo of EVERY bag!

56 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

A fussy customer once complained that a 60124 Volcano set that I sent them was about 100g too heavy and insisted that I sold them bogus-bricks - WTF! Why would they weigh it if they weren't an untrusting reseller too? Of course, that buyer is now blocked.

?

Your fruitcake buyer to normal buyer ratio is through the roof!

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
23 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Your fruitcake buyer to normal buyer ratio is through the roof!

Out of over 10,000 buyers, this was the only one that weighed the box. We all know that the fruitcake ratio on eBay is extremely high which is why I only use eBay if really desperate.

On 11/1/2018 at 9:27 AM, TabbyBoy said:

I told them to open the box and then complain. They did and it had a sealed bag containing 10 brick separators! Everything else was present and correct. Just sell it using those photos and you'll be fine. If in doubt, just open it and reseal it and you should hopefully get your money back - just ?

If I can, I also include a copy of the original delivery note proving that the set is new and where it came from, at least this doesn't include the price I paid.

I'm a sign-maker by trade and I simply print new codes in exactly the same way and reapply if I can get the old ones off cleanly. If not, I simply sell it as opened and take a photo of EVERY bag!

well.. to be honest.. given your acclaimed MASSIVE purchases - a proof of purchase if worth nothing - it doesnt show any specific, individual serial number or so.. 

Guest TabbyBoy
8 hours ago, crayxlp said:

well.. to be honest.. given your acclaimed MASSIVE purchases - a proof of purchase if worth nothing - it doesnt show any specific, individual serial number or so.. 

Maybe, but it tells people that I’m thorough and more unlikely to make mistakes. Also, I can say that being a business seller vs. a private seller has massively reduced complaints and stupid questions. It appears that buyers try it on more with private sellers as they could be easier to intimidate. Of course “I have their address” if things get heated whereas they don’t have mine ?

13 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Maybe, but it tells people that I’m thorough and more unlikely to make mistakes. Also, I can say that being a business seller vs. a private seller has massively reduced complaints and stupid questions. It appears that buyers try it on more with private sellers as they could be easier to intimidate. Of course “I have their address” if things get heated whereas they don’t have mine ?

yeah, thats a fact (regarding that attitude and address-thing).. I know that too from my experience. Although if your business is registered in the UK, and assuming you are one of the shareholders/directors, wouldnt they be able to get your details from the House of the Companies?

Guest TabbyBoy
On 11/3/2018 at 11:48 PM, crayxlp said:

yeah, thats a fact (regarding that attitude and address-thing).. I know that too from my experience. Although if your business is registered in the UK, and assuming you are one of the shareholders/directors, wouldnt they be able to get your details from the House of the Companies?

My eBay "business" isn't registered at Companies House whereas my sign business is along with my full legal name and submitted accounts. Even though eBay demand a business address, I've only added the road and postcode and NOT the unit or house number ? My alias on here and on eBay has nothing whatsoever to do with my actual name. Of course, if I was to break the law, I can easily be found by law enforcement. I make NOTHING public unless I have to.