City 2019

Val-E

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy

I love the armoured truck with the light/sound, this should be a set in its own right. The heli-plane chopper thingy looks a bit far fetched, but kids will like it. It's certainly nice to see something a little different.

UK tip: If you see these at Tesco before they appear on SaH, you may be able to flip for 2x. I made a killing on the Sweepers and Dragster Transporters when LEGO had them on 3-for-2 and were nowhere to be found anywhere else, not even SaH.

Guest TabbyBoy
5 minutes ago, supergman said:

Wow, lights and sounds, like the sets I had in the 80's as a little child.  Buying 100.

100? Yes, when they're >50% off in a few month's time.

22 hours ago, CosmicSpeed said:

!Working Water Pump! (ie, air blows out a plastic rod)

EDIT: IS THAT A NEW STUD SHOOTER? ON DA CHOPPAH?

That plastic rod from the water pump reminds me of the gutter full of ice that Clark Griswold launches into the neighbors bedroom window in National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.  Classic movie :)  Water is obviously challenging to simulate with Lego.  Another option they could have employed would to have kept with using studs but something where you could push multiple studs into a spring-loaded magazine that launches them all at once like a "spray" of water.

Guest TabbyBoy
On 11/4/2018 at 10:29 AM, Val-E said:

A few leaked images from some sets now doing the rounds.

We get a combine harvester and a large fire set that isn´t actually a fire station.

That'll be the resurrection of 10197 with a brick separator.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MusiKyle said:

If some rumored/leaked titles on City 2019 Summer sets come true it sounds like we might be in for a new 6-set space theme, including a 1,000+ piece rocket transport.  With the active space race going on these should do well (sight unseen, but space tends to do well).

There is no special / unusual CITY theme in the first 1HY catalogue so if that comes true, sounds great to me.

Guest TabbyBoy
20 hours ago, MusiKyle said:

If some rumored/leaked titles on City 2019 Summer sets come true it sounds like we might be in for a new 6-set space theme, including a 1,000+ piece rocket transport.  With the active space race going on these should do well (sight unseen, but space tends to do well).

I'd better unload the rest of my 60080 Spaceports then ?

There's been a lot of requests for a farm, but it falls on deaf ears... as usual!

41 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I'd better unload the rest of my 60080 Spaceports then ?

There's been a lot of requests for a farm, but it falls on deaf ears... as usual!

Unlucky unlucky. 60080 would have been a nice sell at 250-280 Euro next XMAS, I guess it will be 200-220 then this easter. Sometimes you win sometimes you loose.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
4 hours ago, Sozial said:

Unlucky unlucky. 60080 would have been a nice sell at 250-280 Euro next XMAS, I guess it will be 200-220 then this easter. Sometimes you win sometimes you loose.

Buying 60080 at £11.33 each is hardly a loss. I'll still have a few left by next Xmas as I had more than I thought. I very much doubt it'll exceed £120, which is still a huge success in my book.

• 2 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 3:45 PM, MusiKyle said:

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:20 PM, Sozial said:

If' it's ROCKET based, rather than Shuttle based, I don't see as much of a hit to 60080.

Considering how SpaceX and Blue Origin are moving more to rockets it makes sense that would be the style of the next Lego set.

Show me a Falcon Heavy Lego set and i'd be all over it.

If' it's ROCKET based, rather than Shuttle based, I don't see as much of a hit to 60080.
Considering how SpaceX and Blue Origin are moving more to rockets it makes sense that would be the style of the next Lego set.
Show me a Falcon Heavy Lego set and i'd be all over it.
White Knight and VSS Unity would be outstanding :)