40289 - Diagon Alley

Val-E

6 minutes ago, Pebble&Park said:

Not that you deserve it after that smart ass response to my simple answer to your question, but the box is the same size as the double character Brickheadz sets. Someone apparently pissed in your cheerios today given the tone of your posts tonight across multiple threads. Sorry to hear that.

.. cheerios? what is that. ? could you please educate me.. ? I never heard that before.. 

Guest TabbyBoy
4 hours ago, Dr Jedi said:

100% agree with this sentiment.  This set is pure gold.

I plan to buy once eBay gets flooded and the price tanks. £15 tops.

Guest TabbyBoy
8 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

Sold mine for £40. A bird in the hand and all that. 

£35 cash each for my 2 last night. I'm going to clear out all the HP & Hedwig Brickheadz at £7.49 each from my local Dobbies, I've just had a call and about 20 are being put aside for me.

I'm not a fan of HP,  but happy to extort money from them! ?

On 11/11/2018 at 8:55 AM, SweepyD said:

Grr...bought my wife Hogwarts on Nov 6, think they would add this on?  :P

Yesterday I emailed Lego and told them i purchased Hogwarts back in October. Within the same day I got a reply indicating that they would ship me the Diagon promo...and minutes later I got the shipped notification.  SO I got the double VIP pts and Diagon Alley promo.  Lego gets a huge thumbs up for saving me the trouble of returning it and buying again (which I probably would not have done due to being a lazy azz)

[Hello everyone this is like my 1st or 2nd post ever here...I just recently (last 3 months) got re-aquainted w/ my childhood toy...for the sake of my 7 year-old]

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Mrbigz8657 said:

Mine came crushed, ordered with the castle and the double vip, should have known better. But a call to LEGO and they are sending me another one and said to keep the crushed one. I’ll also give them a thumbs up for great customer service. 

Yep, I had the same issue and they sent another one out. I’m my experience they have the best customer service.

Guest TabbyBoy

If you pick up the phone and be nice, it's surprising what you can get away with. I even asked for a Snow Globe and she said, "if I can find one, I'll be happy to send it to you".

4 hours ago, GregP said:

Yep, I had the same issue and they sent another one out. I’m my experience they have the best customer service.

actually its pretty easy to be "that nice" and replacing a damaged product for free - if you manufacture them from the scratch. Its pretty different compared to some reseller that has to first purchase stuff and with some little margin sell it further. i wonder if you would be that "nice" to your buyers complaining that the set looks different than on the pictures and want it to be replaced :D

6 hours ago, Zelgazra said:

If anyone reads the fine print it gives the recommended RRP value on the blurb about the promo. Doubt it drops below that benchmark, $20 USD I think it was.

Always amazed at how people forget the amount of money they had to drop on full price stuff to get the promo in the first place.

• Like 2