40289 - Diagon Alley

Val-E

• 2 weeks later...

With this many sellers, I am wondering if there is too much supply out there or if this is just a rush to holiday flip. As long as this doesn't go retail, I would think this will appreciate well especially once the current Harry Potter sets retire. I'm kind of hoping for a soccer mom blogger scenario in a year like we had for Gingerbread House. I'll still pick up more along the way but the price isn't quite yet at my buy in preference. Maybe after Christmas.

In the mean time, I did pick a handful of these cobblestone printed tile pieces from Lego Bricks and Pieces. It looks so good.

image.png.8689f49c6b33f7ae5a6bda396c896603.png

Edited by MrToes16
  • Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, MrToes16 said:

With this many sellers, I am wondering if there is too much supply out there or if this is just a rush to holiday flip. As long as this doesn't go retail, I would think this will appreciate well especially once the current Harry Potter sets retire. I'm kind of hoping for a soccer mom blogger scenario in a year like we had for Gingerbread House. I'll still pick up more along the way but the price isn't quite yet at my buy in preference. Maybe after Christmas.

In the mean time, I did pick a handful of these cobblestone printed tile pieces from Lego Bricks and Pieces. It looks so good.

image.png.8689f49c6b33f7ae5a6bda396c896603.png

It's likely seller impatience meaning that there'll be a race to the bottom, which is when I will pick one up. I always wait at least a year before selling my Xmas promos... for a much higher price.

2 hours ago, MrToes16 said:

I'd be surprised if this one goes retail.  Unlike previous holiday promos, this one sold out @ US SAH 4 or 5 days before promo expiration date.  Those other holiday sets never actually sold out, at least if my memory serves me right.

I bet the flood is folks who wanted higher priced sets that hardly ever go on sale and this helped justify the cost along w/ double VIP.  Most everyone should have these by now, so I doubt we see surge in listings when people are buying as fast as they are listed.

25 minutes ago, carini26 said:

I'd be surprised if this one goes retail.  Unlike previous holiday promos, this one sold out @ US SAH 4 or 5 days before promo expiration date.  Those other holiday sets never actually sold out, at least if my memory serves me right.

I bet the flood is folks who wanted higher priced sets that hardly ever go on sale and this helped justify the cost along w/ double VIP.  Most everyone should have these by now, so I doubt we see surge in listings when people are buying as fast as they are listed.

I missed out on this one. with that many listings, there is no rush buying one right now

Guest TabbyBoy

I remember the 40220 London Bus promo going OOS and now you see it piled up high at Hamleys and all over Amazon and eBay. I agree, there's no rush. Bargains come to those who wait.

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Furious_george said:

Anyone seen any hints of these going retail or available again? Have a few stashed and am hoping they don’t return but with LEGO you never know. 

Nope, I think this could be one of the few freebies that really ran out for good.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

it is remarkable that the European offers / sales are much higher than the American ones. that will also have to do with the small numbers in Europe. on Ebay and Amazon and other platforms there are limited offers. Ebay now has around 70 sellers worldwide. I can not imagine that this set will go towards the 100 €, but the data confirms that