40289 - Diagon Alley

Val-E

Guest TabbyBoy
53 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Always amazed at how people forget the amount of money they had to drop on full price stuff to get the promo in the first place.

I don't. I'll never pay full price or get a meagre 10% off during 2x VIP to get a promo that'll get cheaper on eBay and/or appear in Poundstretcher stores for £5 the year after. So far I've paid no more than £7.50 for London Buses, Snow Globes and 24-in-1 sets.

Guest TabbyBoy
9 minutes ago, Val-E said:

The US horde is really weak these days - 5 days gone and still in stock.

... because there's nothing else worth buying there?

12 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Hmmm, I wonder what the chances of this set being added to cart tomorrow with the Gift Box promo and Double VIP?

Personally, I've acquired two of these sets but would add some more if able to "double dip" on the free promos and points...

If it's in stock should add. Says it's thru the 21st or until supplies last. 

Problem I'm having is so much stuff has been for sale elsewhere it's hard to buy at rrp for lego even with the promos. I guess I could use a few more xmas trains...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

The preview weekend in store will be a triple stack of diagon ornament box and vip big ole polybag set.  There is plenty good to buy from Lego even at full price. $100 $100 and $40 are the requirements

what is this "preview weekend"?

10 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Just placed an order online, promo double-stacks allowing both the Diagon Alley and the 40292 Christmas Gift set. I doubt they would honor this in-store...

They will give away both promos this weekend in stores, actually 3 promos with $99 spent. I called one of my local stores few hours ago. Diagon alley, gift box and vip Polybag. thats US at least.

Edited by Lordoflego

6 hours ago, marcandre said:

If it's in stock should add. Says it's thru the 21st or until supplies last. 

Problem I'm having is so much stuff has been for sale elsewhere it's hard to buy at rrp for lego even with the promos. I guess I could use a few more xmas trains...

That's what I'm loading up on. Holiday Trains haven't been discounted very much if at all if my knowledge is correct. Diagon, Holiday Box, and double VIP = time to buy. I'll then use the points to get City Hospitals at 1/2 price down the road, preferably when there is another decent giveaway promo. I rarely buy from LEGO Shop at Home anymore, but sometimes the stars and planets align and this is one of those times for certain sets.