OfferUp Find

PringleNation

Awesome find! Nothing on BL in terms of sales for 4561, but a handful of recent sales on Ebay north of $250. The city police surveillance vehicle has been remade a number of times, so no idea about the market for that one. 

I have the newest remake and I have about 90% of this one from a bulk lot I bought, just haven’t gotten around to putting it all together to see what’s missing.

I’m debating on listing the train on eBay but kinda wanna keep it.

Guess I’ll see what the technic set sells for on eBay. It’s the cheapest one listed right now.

• 3 months later...
On 11/13/2018 at 5:31 PM, PringleNation said:

Keeping Mansion for myself.

Great find! That's probably my number one set that I've always wanted. Now I have to add offer up to the growing list of daily searches. 

57 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

seriously...I think I'm done w/ offerup

Someone on another thread said they were being pulled into a sting for listing a large number of sets. They should forward this to that detective. Maybe then he or she would buy something as a thank you? 

There are actually legitimate reasons for having one on there as well.  Being in liquidation you seem them all the time.  A lot of liquidators resell loads by the pallet now and stuff comes in that way.  

Also companies that ship from store etc forget to take them off and ship stuff out with them on.  

Just last week got a package with the security device on it.  Luckily being in salvage I have most the removal tools from over the years.  

So while there are shady people out there it is not always the case.  

2 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

There are actually legitimate reasons for having one on there as well.  Being in liquidation you seem them all the time.  A lot of liquidators resell loads by the pallet now and stuff comes in that way.  

Also companies that ship from store etc forget to take them off and ship stuff out with them on.  

Just last week got a package with the security device on it.  Luckily being in salvage I have most the removal tools from over the years.  

I hate to think about how trashed boxes would get being pallet shipped with one of those security devices still attached.

I have a universal removal tool. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Stanley-6-in-Diagonal-Cutter-84-105/100079613
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

but isn't Voltron a bit too new be in liquidation consideration?

but thanks for the info

9 hours ago, redcell said:

I hate to think about how trashed boxes would get being pallet shipped with one of those security devices still attached.

that's the least of your condition worries.  Just got some God of War PC games under about 30 Jengas...  Usually get a computer under a air conditioner or some brake rotors.  Total ZFG by the temp workers that usually process them.

7 hours ago, Migration said:

you've gotta be gentle to preserve the KDC's

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

but isn't Voltron a bit too new be in liquidation consideration?

but thanks for the info

not at all,  nothing is to new or to old.   Like I said was just stating many reasons out there though.  Store could of shipped it that way for all you know.  Lot of people don't care out there.  Could be a bad apple too,  you just never know that was all my point was.  Just in last year I've received stuff from Best Buy, Game Stop and whichever clothing store my wife bought from with loss prevention items on them from online orders.

While I’m certain there can be very legitimate reasons for it, and not every seller is a crook on OfferUp, I would always ask to see a receipt to ensure I wasn’t purchasing hot merchandise. OfferUp has a reputation for a reason, and just seeing the number of products pictured sitting on the front passenger seat of a car is pretty remarkable.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

1 hour ago, Mark Twain said:

While I’m certain there can be very legitimate reasons for it, and not every seller is a crook on OfferUp, I would always ask to see a receipt to ensure I wasn’t purchasing hot merchandise. OfferUp has a reputation for a reason, and just seeing the number of products pictured sitting on the front passenger seat of a car is pretty remarkable.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

About the car photos?. I sometimes have breaks between clients and I don’t take offer up as seriously as eBay so most of my photos on there are in my car?‍♂️.  I try and do a little better than the front seat, haha. Most of it is clearance stuff I do Have receipts for so I’m covered there. 

31 minutes ago, Mgip21 said:

About the car photos?. I sometimes have breaks between clients and I don’t take offer up as seriously as eBay so most of my photos on there are in my car?‍♂️.  I try and do a little better than the front seat, haha. Most of it is clearance stuff I do Have receipts for so I’m covered there. 

During Peak Saturn V they even flipped on eBay in minutes with in-car photos. Sometimes the market ain't picky.

• Like 1

Day one on offerup and I picked up an awesome find. $60 got me over 130 minifigs (wide variety) and three 18 gallon bins of built vehicles and random peices. So far I have identified 6765 gold city junction, 6755 sheriff's lock-up, and 6761bandits secret hideout. 

Thank you PringleNation!

20190307_170713.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2019 at 1:44 AM, Jbad87 said:

Day one on offerup and I picked up an awesome find. $60 got me over 130 minifigs (wide variety) and three 18 gallon bins of built vehicles and random peices. So far I have identified 6765 gold city junction, 6755 sheriff's lock-up, and 6761bandits secret hideout. 

Thank you PringleNation!

20190307_170713.jpg

Nice, I've been slacking lately on checking the selling forums for finds. Need to start checking more consistently 

2 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

here's a reply I got when I tried (against my better judgement) another shot at Offerup:

and I quote: "I say $30 dollar does the star price must know for all of them you know sorry bro but thank you"

...oh the siren's call of a great Lego deal...but sometimes I gotta wonder why I even try

Is there an OfferUp-to-English translator? I keep reading the quote, but it doesn't get any better. ?
I'm guessing that's 3 or 4 sentences in one.

15 minutes ago, brickolodon said:

Love emoji177.png OfferUp - many deals every day hard to keep up, emoji124.png♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

since Offerup is so regionally influence...might be all about a handful of bad apples crapping up a local region...basically the 15 mi radius around me selling Lego appear mostly thieves and incoherent jibberishers