42093 - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

Strange how the model comes across as both rounded and flat at the same time. Perhaps all the odd gaps in the front make that view feel off compared to how good the back and even sides look. As a racing car I like it; as for the specific vehicle this is supposed to be I am not sure.

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I've taken another look and it's even more inaccurate and butt ugly than before. Therefore, it'll be a sleeper and be a winner in the afterlife. I still won't get one as I have to like it first.

but isn't funny how if you watch the youtube reviews and hear about it over and over on the forums...a set starts to grow on you..

case in point: the recent Darth Vader's mountain base thingy...my first impression is FUGLY...looks like the Pope's Hat done in Darth Vader Colors...damn that Jang makes every set look good...anyway I started to click on deals for it...but managed to stop myself at the checkout every time...so far.

16 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

but isn't funny how if you watch the youtube reviews and hear about it over and over on the forums...a set starts to grow on you..

case in point: the recent Darth Vader's mountain base thingy...my first impression is FUGLY...looks like the Pope's Hat done in Darth Vader Colors...damn that Jang makes every set look good...anyway I started to click on deals for it...but managed to stop myself at the checkout every time...so far.

I quite liked Vader's Castle before I saw it in the flesh. Way too small for what it's supposed to represent. I saw a MOC over on Eurobricks where someone had added on additional structures at the side, which looked much more impressive.

Edited by Tarka