10246 - Detective's Office

DadsAFOL

How many 10246 Detective Offices do you have?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. How many 10246 Detective Offices do you have?

• 50 or more. I am the heir to Emazers.
    • 20-49
    • 10-19
    • 5-9
    • 2-4
    • 1 (for resale not personal build)
    • 1 (for personal build/undecided what to do with it)
    • None. I am Exciter1 and this set hasn´t been released in my location yet.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/30/2018 at 06:59 PM

Someone on Eurobricks posted a picture of the back.

qLjhwbh.jpg

Interesting to note what's on the back - only three modulars - DO, PC, and PR.

No PS, no GE, no TH.

Thanks for posting!

That it has Palace Cinema and Parisian Restaurant on the back doesn't surprise me much. More modulars have been depicted with the previous two on the back of the box.

That it has Palace Cinema and Parisian Restaurant on the back doesn't surprise me much. More modulars have been depicted with the previous two on the back of the box.

I think he was pointing to the lack of town hall, grand emporium and pet shop. All of these are expected to retire soon and the packaging lends more credence to the ps retiring sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

I think he was pointing to the lack of town hall, grand emporium and pet shop. All of these are expected to retire soon and the packaging lends more credence to the ps retiring sooner rather than later.

I get that, and it does make it probable that Lego intends to retire the other Modulars in chronological order. But I think we can't draw the conclusion that it means Pet Shop will be retiring soon.

Grand Emporium was already absent on the back of the Palace Cinema which was released almost two years ago, yet the GE only recently retired.

• Like 1

My first impression was also underwhelming. I really like the pool sign, and the barber shop. Not a huge fan of of the apartment colour.

On the one hand it would of course be difficult long-term to let every building in the line really stand out on its own making the modulars street more of a "freaky street" over time, because every house is something special (which is rather unrealistic - while the buildings themselves ARE meant to look realistic). On the other hand who really wants to have buildings that just look too normal getting an everyday (realistic) street?

rfish hit the nail on the head here. After seeing the back of the box, the DO lined up on street with other mods., it fits right in and doesn't look too busy like it does alone on the front. The detail inside is pretty good too and brings a little more value to the set. 7/10 for me.

Edited by speedsausage

I think I just died and gone to Heaven. Beautiful, simply beautiful. I love the mix of blue hues on the barbershop along with its tall stature, the usage of Mixel joints to round out the front of the pool hall, the newspaper stand, all of it. For some reason it has a classic Chicago feel about it.

So guys, is this the last modular Lego makes? At least this is what the rumour is in the other threads...

What threads?

Of course this is legit. Why are you guys questioning the legitimacy of the image?

I get it is the internet and there is a tendency to question everything but this is getting a little tiring where we have an image displaying the physically built set on a box covered in artwork and still someone goes off sounding like a Youtube comment with "FAKE!!!!". If this was faked then somebody give the tricksters a pat on the back for a job well done.

Every year is expensive... :cry:

Understatement of the year....every year. :sweat:

I actually like the grittier feel of this modular.  For anyone who's ever lived in a big city, it ain't all Grand Emporiums and Town Halls.  DO looks like it's on a street where a minifigure would want to watch his back on a Saturday night, which is sort of neat for a Lego set, something we really haven't seen before.

Interesting to note what's on the back - only three modulars - DO, PC, and PR.

No PS, no GE, no TH.

Wow wow wow my friends it's time to stop those speculations based on the back of the box right now.

There are always been only 3 modulars at the back of boxes (the current, and the two last sets). It's like that since the 10185 green grocer. Back of boxes:

Cafe corner - cafe corner, alone

Market street - market street, alone (I list it because... see next line)

Green grocer- green grocer, market street, cafe corner

Fire brigade- fire brigade, green grocer, cafe corner (bye bye market street ! Thanks for the fish help)

Grand emporium- grand emporium, fire brigade, cafe corner

Pet shop - pet shop, grand emporium, fire brigade

Town hall - town hall, pet shop, grand emporium

Palace cinema - palace cinema, town hall, pet shop

Parisian restaurant - parisian restaurant, palace cinema, town hall

Detective's office - detective's office, parisian restaurant, palace cinema.

3 sets on the back ? Ok. So NOTHING NEW SINCE 2008 :)

Edited by biniou
  • Like 8

Wow wow wow my friends it's time to stop those speculations based on the back of the box right now.

There are always been only 3 modulars at the back of boxes (the current, and the two last sets). It's like that since the 10185 green grocer. Back of boxes:

Cafe corner - cafe corner, alone

Market street - market street, alone (I list it because... see next line)

Green grocer- green grocer, market street, cafe corner

Fire brigade- fire brigade, green grocer, cafe corner (bye bye market street ! Thanks for the fish help)

Grand emporium- grand emporium, fire brigade, cafe corner

Pet shop - pet shop, grand emporium, fire brigade

Town hall - town hall, pet shop, grand emporium

Palace cinema - palace cinema, town hall, pet shop

Parisian restaurant - parisian restaurant, palace cinema, town hall

Detective's office - detective's office, parisian restaurant, palace cinema.

3 sets on the back ? Ok. So NOTHING NEW SINCE 2008 :)

The one new thing that you haven't considered - was Ed making cryptic comments during the release of other modulars?

The one new thing that you haven't considered - was Ed making cryptic comments during the release of other modulars?

I'm not sure if your are a little sarcastic... or a lot. :)

My post is only about the back of the detective's office box.

I made it because I wouldn't be happy to see some newbies panic buying PS because it's not on the back of this box.

But I don't mean the TH, PS, etc. are not retiring... I only say that the box gives us zero clues about other's sets retirement.

• Like 1