10246 - Detective's Office

DadsAFOL

How many 10246 Detective Offices do you have?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. How many 10246 Detective Offices do you have?

• 50 or more. I am the heir to Emazers.
    • 20-49
    • 10-19
    • 5-9
    • 2-4
    • 1 (for resale not personal build)
    • 1 (for personal build/undecided what to do with it)
    • None. I am Exciter1 and this set hasn´t been released in my location yet.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/30/2018 at 06:59 PM

I'm not sure if your are a little sarcastic... or a lot. :)

My post is only about the back of the detective's office box.

I made it because I wouldn't be happy to see some newbies panic buying PS because it's not on the back of this box.

But I don't mean the TH, PS, etc. are not retiring... I only say that the box gives us zero clues about other's sets retirement.

I jest! You know I love you, B!

I don't think panic buying from the box is a good idea, either. I think Ed's info that TLG is going to trim some exclusives puts the PS on borrowed time once this gets released. I do think it is fair to see this might...might...be the last time to get it from S&**** with good promos (I'm talking about Brick Friday - 10% plus promo? - unless we get another 15% off event)

I jest! You know I love you, B!

I don't think panic buying from the box is a good idea, either. I think Ed's info that TLG is going to trim some exclusives puts the PS on borrowed time once this gets released. I do think it is fair to see this might...might...be the last time to get it from S&**** with good promos (I'm talking about Brick Friday - 10% plus promo? - unless we get another 15% off event)

Sorry if someone has asked before, but when is the release date?  I cannot wait!

LOL and THERE IS a little desk fan in the detective office!! I am sold, I just love noir. I will so buy 3 of these and mod the hell out of them. Now I just need cigarettes for the detective, a frowning unshaven head and some alcohol bottles for the bar downstairs. Seriously thinking on making a custom butcher's shop, just for completeness's sake. 

In my opinion this is the best modular that's been released. Some might be bigger, rarer or represent fancier building techniques but the feeling, atmosphere and vibe packed into this is unmatched for me. A dirty, shabby city block. This is what I needed!

Edited by inversion
  • Like 2

This post on eurobricks cracked me up:

"also looks like a departure from the love story we've gotten in the modulars:
PC: first date
PR: proposal
GE: Suit and dress choice for upcoming marriage
TH: Wedding
PS: New apartment to start a family
DO: wife has run away and husband hires a private detective to find her?"

• Like 8

This post on eurobricks cracked me up:

"also looks like a departure from the love story we've gotten in the modulars:

PC: first date

PR: proposal

GE: Suit and dress choice for upcoming marriage

TH: Wedding

PS: New apartment to start a family

DO: wife has run away and husband hires a private detective to find her?"

Oh no, hope the next one's not "City Morgue!"

• Like 3

Wow wow wow my friends it's time to stop those speculations based on the back of the box right now.

There are always been only 3 modulars at the back of boxes (the current, and the two last sets). It's like that since the 10185 green grocer. Back of boxes:

Cafe corner - cafe corner, alone

Market street - market street, alone (I list it because... see next line)

Green grocer- green grocer, market street, cafe corner

Fire brigade- fire brigade, green grocer, cafe corner (bye bye market street ! Thanks for the fish help)

Grand emporium- grand emporium, fire brigade, cafe corner

Pet shop - pet shop, grand emporium, fire brigade

Town hall - town hall, pet shop, grand emporium

Palace cinema - palace cinema, town hall, pet shop

Parisian restaurant - parisian restaurant, palace cinema, town hall

Detective's office - detective's office, parisian restaurant, palace cinema.

3 sets on the back ? Ok. So NOTHING NEW SINCE 2008 :)

It's an issue when you want to help people not to waste time and money because of a misinformation.

I appreciate that you took the time to post the list - I didn't bother to look at any of the others, so you corrected my own speculation.

However; it wasn't misinformation.  It's a true statement - only the last three modulars (DO, PR, PC) appear on the back of the DO box.

I appreciate that you took the time to post the list - I didn't bother to look at any of the others, so you corrected my own speculation.

However; it wasn't misinformation.  It's a true statement - only the last three modulars (DO, PR, PC) appear on the back of the DO box.

Ah, ok, sorry, certainly it's because my english is poor  :notme:  and sometimes it's hard for me to 100% understand a post, that's why I thought that your post...

Interesting to note what's on the back - only three modulars - DO, PC, and PR.

No PS, no GE, no TH.

...meant "there are usually more than 3 sets on the back" (that's what I interpreted as a misinformation).

IMHO there's nothing "interesting to note" (no offense) and that's this part that has tickled me ^^ because it has always been this way that Lego has displayed the back of modulars boxes, since 2008. If you had written "as usual, only the last 3 sets are displayed", I wouldn't have pointed your message.

I didn't want to upset anyone but sometimes it's better to be a little rude to stop immediately rumors and speculations which are spreading online at light speed.

Unfortunately it seems that I misunderstood your message, sorry for that.

Well, I can't really explain what I feel with words, so let's use a smiley: :drinks:

Edited by biniou
  • Like 1

Guest davewager78

DO looks awesome. Just testing using "DO" like we use "GE". I think it fits  :imsohappy:

I have this vague feeling there may be more than 3 modulars pictured on the end pages of some of the instruction books. Not that tells us anything. I was just surprised to see that there were only 3 on each box...i have this feeling of having seen 4 somewhere...