eBay help

PringleNation

8 minutes ago, Mgip21 said:

All the info is great, thank you. But if all my listings are PayPal only and they already pay on eBay- not many options. Has anyone actually been burned by a local pick?  Thank you

Never been burned on one picking up.  If you want to protect yourself and payment has already been made just mail them the receipt and upload the tracking (if it's substantial enough that you are worried about it).  Also will protect your on time score.  

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I knew this was bound to happen - I got a return request under eBay's Money Back Guarantee because the item was 'damaged.' My first. It's buyer with 0 feedback (panagsinoy-0) who opened the account the day of the purchase. Seems sketchtastic. I messaged the buyer requesting pictures of the alleged damage. No response. I carefully wrap each set in bubble wrap and pad the shipping box thoroughly, so I am skeptical. The package was shipped via UPS Ground from PirateShip and I took out the Shipsurance coverage. Thoughts on how to proceed? Has anyone dealt with Shipsurance? Thanks for the advice!

1 hour ago, StLBrian said:

I knew this was bound to happen - I got a return request under eBay's Money Back Guarantee because the item was 'damaged.' My first. It's buyer with 0 feedback (panagsinoy-0) who opened the account the day of the purchase. Seems sketchtastic. I messaged the buyer requesting pictures of the alleged damage. No response. I carefully wrap each set in bubble wrap and pad the shipping box thoroughly, so I am skeptical. The package was shipped via UPS Ground from PirateShip and I took out the Shipsurance coverage. Thoughts on how to proceed? Has anyone dealt with Shipsurance? Thanks for the advice!

Why aren’t you just purchasing shipping through EBay? What is the advantage of using PirateShip? If the person doesn't respond or send the item back, I am pretty sure that EBay will side with you. Not sure how the PirateShip shipping works with EBay though…

1 hour ago, StLBrian said:

Oh no. I have an eBay buyer very similar. budlevi-0 is the ebay i.d.  I knew the guy was a fraud from his "real name" Buddha Leviathon" a faker name I have never seen. I Google mapped his address in Connecticut and surprise, surprise the address was real but in a court so the map car didn't go and take pics.

I telephoned a very unconcerned ebay representative and walked him through why I thought this account was fake: Account opened the same day as purchase Jan 8th, unrealistic "real name" , $575 item. I asked the eBay rep. to check the payment source which he did not do but assured me he noted my account with this concern. So...of course wanting the sale I mailed it but with what I thought was foolproof 'insurance': I used Priority Mail label with eBay, got insurance, and used Signature Confirmation, and the twist is I wrote on the parcel "Signature Confirmation required with photo i.d." AND "Do not leave at address". My thought being the 'thief' has to go to the post office and show his face and his i.d. and sign for it. What I didn't think of was "Item not as described" theft. After reading your post I am certain a claim will be filed as soon as the parcel arrives. In fact, now that I type this I may contact that post office before delivery and have them investigate before having the buyer come in. 

StLBrian was your buyer also in Connecticut and did the buyer's ebay i.d. also contain some portion of his "real name"? If our two situations are similar we should private message each other. I am going to telephone the receiving post office tomorrow and inform them of my incoming parcel to the buyer.

15 minutes ago, Brystheguy said:

Why aren’t you just purchasing shipping through EBay? What is the advantage of using PirateShip? If the person doesn't respond or send the item back, I am pretty sure that EBay will side with you. Not sure how the PirateShip shipping works with EBay though…

Hell I ship packages w stamps some times. As long as you have receipts w tracking numbers that show you shipped it. it seems to work out for me at least.

58 minutes ago, Average Guy said:

Oh no. I have an eBay buyer very similar. budlevi-0 is the ebay i.d.  I knew the guy was a fraud from his "real name" Buddha Leviathon" a faker name I have never seen. I Google mapped his address in Connecticut and surprise, surprise the address was real but in a court so the map car didn't go and take pics.

I telephoned a very unconcerned ebay representative and walked him through why I thought this account was fake: Account opened the same day as purchase Jan 8th, unrealistic "real name" , $575 item. I asked the eBay rep. to check the payment source which he did not do but assured me he noted my account with this concern. So...of course wanting the sale I mailed it but with what I thought was foolproof 'insurance': I used Priority Mail label with eBay, got insurance, and used Signature Confirmation, and the twist is I wrote on the parcel "Signature Confirmation required with photo i.d." AND "Do not leave at address". My thought being the 'thief' has to go to the post office and show his face and his i.d. and sign for it. What I didn't think of was "Item not as described" theft. After reading your post I am certain a claim will be filed as soon as the parcel arrives. In fact, now that I type this I may contact that post office before delivery and have them investigate before having the buyer come in. 

StLBrian was your buyer also in Connecticut and did the buyer's ebay i.d. also contain some portion of his "real name"? If our two situations are similar we should private message each other. I am going to telephone the receiving post office tomorrow and inform them of my incoming parcel to the buyer.

The name used is 'Panag***** Sinoy******' using the id  panagsinoy-0, which is a combination of his first and last name with '-0' tacked on the back. That wasn't too surprising to me since sometimes the preferred user name isn't available. The address was in Boynton Beach, Florida. I think these two are probably unrelated. I'm going to give the 'buyer' another day to respond, then I will contact eBay support. Will keep the board informed. To be continued... 

1 hour ago, Brystheguy said:

I have found Pirate Ship to be consistently cheaper than eBay for anything other than USPS First Class. In addition, their UPS Ground (what I use most often) pricing includes insurance up to $100 (vs. eBay which includes insurance up to $50). The difference is usually only a couple dollars per package, so I may switch if using PirateShip complicates things with this gadfly. 

2 hours ago, StLBrian said:

The name used is 'Panag***** Sinoy******' using the id  panagsinoy-0, which is a combination of his first and last name with '-0' tacked on the back. That wasn't too surprising to me since sometimes the preferred user name isn't available. The address was in Boynton Beach, Florida. I think these two are probably unrelated. I'm going to give the 'buyer' another day to respond, then I will contact eBay support. Will keep the board informed. To be continued... 

Thank you StLBrian, however I think our two situations are the same person or inside the same theft ring. both i.d.s use their "real name" both combined and shortened as their i.d. and both use "-0" at the end. It could be "-0" has pop culture or real culture reference, but the situations are very similar. The real tell will be in a few days to see if my buyer makes the same type accusation as your buyer. For me that would solidify the same person using two different i.d.s or two different thieves using the same knowledge from a shared source i.e. theft ring. I'll respond to this message if my buyer makes a claim. Thanks StLBrian for your post and reply. Good luck.

Also, Ebay and Paypal always immediately side with the buyer for any claim made. It's up to the seller to convince them otherwise. I had a buyer a year ago do to me as you have described but he opened my kit and replaced it with other pieces from 5 different sets and returned it to me. This told me that he stole from at least 5 other   sellers as some of the pieces from other kits were still sealed inside their poly bags. Ebay gave me my money back "a  courtesy". I didn't think it was very courteous of Ebay to introduce me to a thief and then not to prosecute said thief but whatever 😕

If my buyer makes a claim as yours did I will use my high feedback score, 21 years seller membership and $10,000 of merchandise still up, to convince them the buyer is the thief and not me.

• 1 month later...

Hi folks!

Kicking an old thread alive, seeking some advice from pros here.

I bought 8 of an item xyz on ebay from greentop sporting goods. Each item weighs about 1 lb.

Seller shipped 1 in a small box. UPS label clearly shows 2 lb package weight. I emailed the seller multiple times, but no response. I called the store and was told ebay customer service will only be via email through ebay.

Waited for a week and then escalated to ebay customer service.

Got an email back saying

"Good day! This is Johnja from customer support.Thank you for bringing this concern to us. We will help you with this. I see you opened this account years ago, thank you for your loyalty.

Thanks for contacting us about xyz. I’m sorry to hear there was an issue with your purchase. I understand that Missing Item.

To allow us to proceed, we need you to file an incident report with your local police or law enforcement agency to confirm that there is a problem. Filing an incident report is generally free of charge and easy to do.

The report should contain the following:

·Description of the item

·Name of the officer filing the report

·Badge number of the officer filing the report

·Incident report number

·Station location (city and state)

·Station phone number

Once you receive the incident report, please scan it or take a clear digital photograph of it."

You can upload the declaration via our document uploader:

https://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/mudcwf?deptName=USMemberResolution

The document uploader is easy to use and contains information on file types and sizes allowed. Please select the General information document type and add 1-421578975561 in the Comments section. This allows us to track your documents and respond more quickly. Once you upload your documents and hit Send, please wait for confirmation that everything was submitted.

Note that if the police can’t provide you with an incident report, we’ll also accept a police reference number. We’ll need the precinct location, phone number, and officer name to accompany this. You can send these details to us by simply replying to this email. Please don’t change the subject heading if you do so.

We placed this case on hold for 10 calendar days to give you time to file and send the report. We need to receive it by Feb 21 . Once we receive and confirm the report, we’ll close the case in your favor and send you a refund.

If we don’t hear from you within 10 calendar days, we’ll close the case and you won’t receive a refund.

We greatly appreciate the time you’re investing to get this information to us. We look forward to working with you to resolve this case.

We appreciate you doing business with us.

Haven't faced this situation before. Is this the norm on ebay now?

How ridiculous is this. If a seller ships less, than what was paid for, why would the buyer file a police report.

Any pointers?

Total order value $800. unshipped order value $700

5 minutes ago, vasp said:

Thanks for contacting us about xyz. I’m sorry to hear there was an issue with your purchase. I understand that Missing Item.

Sounds likely due to the value of the items, however it does not seem like the eBay rep is understanding the actual issue. Perhaps message them back and try and clarify what “missing item” means to you. 

They are absolutely offshore reps and in broken English every reply comes straight from the boiler room cue cards they are given. A lot of times their cue cards don't have the answer so you'll be put on hold while they "research" which basically means they are doing the same search through ebay website as you could do yourself. Ideally you would want a company employee to know their company policies without researching them. You know from a long standing big company that "cares" about their employees and wants to retain them? And for the resolution I honestly sometimes wonder if it's a computer making the final decisions. 

Remember way back when Ebay promised "no offshore customer service"? That lasted about a year or two. It would be nice to speak with someone from the same country who can understand inflection and where the conversation is going instead a drone reply from preassigned responses in broken English but such is the way of the world we live in now.  Right around the time Ebay went to foreign customer service centers I had a not as described case where the new 0-5 feedback user claimed "a box full of napkins sent". Sure buddy, I've been on this site 10 years and this is the day I'm "cashing out" and ripping everyone off. I figured any reasonable Ebay rep would see that accusation, see I've been on 10 years, have $10k of merchandise still up with 100% positive feedback and award me the win without me replying. Wrong. I had to call them up and eventually they gave me the "one time courtesy refund".  Thank you ebay for the courtesy of introducing me to a thief. That was a very long time ago, several years. On the plus side ebay always sides with the buyer first no matter what the claim so you'll get the first score but the seller still gets a turn at bat if he chooses to play ball. The referee is always on the buyer's side though but get all the proof you can.

• 4 months later...

Sold a set to a buyer. Printed a label. Now the buyer has purchased another set. I'd like to just add the set to the previous box as its big enough but is it okay to manually copy paste tracking # from first transaction to second transaction? It wont let me cancel so I cant combine via bulk shipping. And I dont want to ask ask buyer to repurchase.

17 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Sold a set to a buyer. Printed a label. Now the buyer has purchased another set. I'd like to just add the set to the previous box as its big enough but is it okay to manually copy paste tracking # from first transaction to second transaction? It wont let me cancel so I cant combine via bulk shipping. And I dont want to ask ask buyer to repurchase.

Yes.  You are fine as long as those are not international orders using GSP.  Providing your original postage covers the combined weight of the 2 sets.

• Like 1