10264 - Corner Garage

exciter1

1 minute ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Dammit. This will be my first modular for sure. Vintage Garage, count me in.

I like this as well.  Nice place for those Speed Champions to get repair work done :)  As a corner modular this would even do good as a standalone on the corner of a desk or something for someone that simply likes cars (For example, I have an uncle with a repair shop that might like this).

25 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I rather like it (to build NOT to resell), but £159.99 is a bit cheeky I think.

It's especially something to swallow for our German friends. Since Parisian Restaurant every single Modular Building (with the exception of Assembly Square) was €150 in Germany, with higher prices in other European countries. This set is less than 100 bricks bigger than Downtown Diner but it's €30 more expensive in Germany.

One could argue though that Downtown Diner was just priced too low for Germany last year and TLG has rectified that with this set.

Guest TabbyBoy
10 minutes ago, HandyHand said:

It's especially something to swallow for our German friends. Since Parisian Restaurant every single Modular Building (with the exception of Assembly Square) was €150 in Germany, with higher prices in other European countries. This set is less than 100 bricks bigger than Downtown Diner but it's €30 more expensive in Germany.

One could argue though that Downtown Diner was just priced too low for Germany last year and TLG has rectified that with this set.

I could blame Brexit, but I won't ?

If this was released after 11DEC, it would be £199.99 ?

7 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

not sure why, but the 'rare' orange is putting me off here a bit. I really wanted to like it being a nice stop for any city vehicles. But this will be a unfortunate pass for me @ $200.  Maybe heavily discounted.

You could always change the color. I'm already thinking about better options. Could sell the orange on bl easily enough. 

At first I really loved this building.  I still think It looks great, but I was really hoping for different.

I will be first to say I feel this is wrong direction for modulars to take.  Seriously, a mechanic shop under a vet clnic with sun bathers on the roof inhaling all the fumes?  I was hoping that shoe horning a diner into a modular would be one off, but obviously not.  Lego needs to create a modular town series that does not have to fit a row building if they want to recreate the 50’s.

I am still giong to get one, but it feels much more of a stand alone set.  Subtle vet clinic signage greatly helps the aesthetics,  and shows how unnecessary that part of the build is.  The building looks great from the outside, and of course that is how most of us will display it.  Who is this aimed at?  Wouldn’t an auto themed museum have been more appropriate for the second floor?

Here is a real downtown diner

D5692DA8-8007-4B1D-B9A7-E1667416F981.thumb.jpeg.66cf5480c8dfe38adbbc88789ae9e216.jpeg

Here is a real downtown garage

C831431B-6060-4E43-83FF-7755AB49D908.jpeg.ebacca14ca4c9f1340b825617f4088e4.jpeg

I like it, but I'm not as particular as some.

6 minutes ago, belljohn said:

I've see similar configurations to what they're designing, not with vet clinics and whatnot above, but on a corner like that.  So, I don't think it is too far-fetched that this building could be a real thing.

1 hour ago, BricksBrotha said:

not sure why, but the 'rare' orange is putting me off here a bit. I really wanted to like it being a nice stop for any city vehicles. But this will be a unfortunate pass for me @ $200.  Maybe heavily discounted.

I believe this is the "Nougat" color? Its pretty new and it probably made Lego-sense to use this for a building when they were manufacturing the brick selection. Its a pretty large "hair" color for BHz. I don't mind the color, but I can see this as being a one off that a lot of non-modular collectors go with because of the theme. 

21 minutes ago, belljohn said:

At first I really loved this building.  I still think It looks great, but I was really hoping for different.

I will be first to say I feel this is wrong direction for modulars to take.  Seriously, a mechanic shop under a vet clnic with sun bathers on the roof inhaling all the fumes?  I was hoping that shoe horning a diner into a modular would be one off, but obviously not.  Lego needs to create a modular town series that does not have to fit a row building if they want to recreate the 50’s.

I am still giong to get one, but it feels much more of a stand alone set.  Subtle vet clinic signage greatly helps the aesthetics,  and shows how unnecessary that part of the build is.  The building looks great from the outside, and of course that is how most of us will display it.  Who is this aimed at?  Wouldn’t an auto themed museum have been more appropriate for the second floor?

Here is a real downtown diner

D5692DA8-8007-4B1D-B9A7-E1667416F981.thumb.jpeg.66cf5480c8dfe38adbbc88789ae9e216.jpeg

You do realize LEGO is based out of Europe right?

Just now, MarleyMoose said:

I'd say their #1 target audience is the good old US of A.

I was just making the point that urban Europe is stacked on top of each other. More so than here in the US.

His example of a "real" downtown diner was Mickeys which is one of a kind in Minneapolis. It's appeal is that its an old train car. There are no others like it.

• Like 1