4002018 - Employee Christmas Gift 2018

Batman720

8 hours ago, Zelgazra said:

What is the Santa figure’s face made of? One of the round technic pieces commonly found in a Y wing? Hard to determine, it’s obviously far too big for a minifig head....

From Sariel's unboxing / speed build video (part list at the end):

image.png.7f44821cb05a6fd36c897909e261e8c7.png

• Thanks 1

Seeing the build complete and up close, this could be considered a heavily updated special edition of set 1628 all the way back from 1989. There was a Santa and Sleigh set from even further back around 1977 but the other feels closer. Anyway the minifigure presents are great. I still have my Blacktron character sporting the same design as here.

The employee gift is a very sore subject for me....lol. I accepted an offer to be a Lego rep this year. The fulltime rep told me I would get the gift and a discount at the store. Both were a lie . It was the only way she knew I would agree.  So after three months of helping her out and continually asking and her confirming I would get it she finally admitted on our last day together that I wouldn't be getting it....Needless to say I won't be helping her again.

Edited by Thanos75

6 minutes ago, Thanos75 said:

The employee gift is a very sore subject for me....lol. I accepted an offer to be a Lego rep this year. The fulltime rep told me I would get the gift and a discount at the store. Both were a lie . It was the only way she knew I would agree.  So after three months of helping her out and continually asking and her confirming I would get it she finally admitted on our last day together that I wouldn't be getting it....Needless to say I won't be helping her again.

This is sad. If it occurred to me, I would consider reporting the situation to Lego. Not to get any freebies or special treatment, but just so that they're aware that this person deceived you. This is a misrepresentation of the brand IMO.

• Like 1

This is sad. If it occurred to me, I would consider reporting the situation to Lego. Not to get any freebies or special treatment, but just so that they're aware that this person deceived you. This is a misrepresentation of the brand IMO.
Agreed, that is just dirty pool....talk to lego about it

Sent from my SM-G900P using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Now the worst part was that I try very hard to be a nice guy. I usually take the high road. So on the first day of our last week together I gave her a gift . I knew she missed the opening of our Lego store so I wrapped up one of the Grand Opening Figures and gave it to her. I thought she was going to cry. On our last day together I let it slip that since I wasn't get the gift or the other things she said I would get that the least she could do was let me use her discount at the store , since she gets 50% off , to get something. Yeah...all I got was a speach about how Lego frowns upon that. No wonder none of the stores like her.

I'm sorry for venting like that. A lot of the old timers that know me in real life and from here and Brickset know that I am an Industrial Firefighter / rescue and medic for a large refinery. I work that crazy 12hr swing shifts  and get paid well for risking my life every day. I only took the job because  I love Lego.  I wanted to be a part of it . I felt great walking through the stores and meeting other Lego fans. I told them during my interview  that they can just pay me in VIP points...lol. Ok...rant is over. Return to normal business. 

• Like 2

• 11 months later...