70840 - Welcome To Apocalypseburg!

Foreman Porgy

2 hours ago, Frank Brickowski said:

Just like I said back in the day about the Sea Cow: No matter how well-designed it is, nobody will buy this after EOL, not for himself and not for his kids.

I have to agree but maybe we can allow them a pass on one D2C set no one wants every year. 2014 was Seacow, 2015 was Temple of Airjitzu, 2016 was Batcave, 2017 Joker Manor,  2018 Hulkbuster.

Edited by Val-E

This set will probably spark a Sea Cow bump.  Even more if there is a TLM3 and a D2C#3.   I never picked up a Sea Cow and that was one of the first things I thought of when I saw this.  

But this set is way cooler.   It's so out of the norm for TLG that I bet there were some epic fights between the design team and the executive team to get this released.  Look at all the non-standard building techniques!   Probably gave the instruction designers nightmares...

45 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

AMAZING-looking set! But the big question is...will I buy it at retail? Wait, anyone know the MSRP for this set yet? I'm guessing $199.99 but it might end up being $249.99.

Based upon the fact that Ninjago Docks (internal licensed LEGO set) has 375 more pieces and +1 minifigures and is selling for $229 US; I'll bet you're right @ $199 for this set. 

Of course, the Sea Cow was only 2700 pieces and sold for $249 US.  So who knows...

Edited by exracer327

16 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

Based upon the fact that Ninjago Docks (internal licensed LEGO set) has 375 more pieces and +1 minifigures and is selling for $229 US; I'll bet you're right @ $199 for this set. 

Of course, the Sea Cow was only 2700 pieces and sold for $249 US.  So who knows...

Good point on the Ninjago Docks set. I think this will be $199.99 which is not too bad of a price point, but I'm almost positive this will be discounted at least 20% down the line.

Sea Cow is pricier because of the large boat pieces.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From Brickset...

Welcome to Apocalypseburg!

Ages 16+. 3178 pieces.

US $299.99 - CA $399.99 - DE €299.99 - UK £279.99 - FR €299.99 - DK 2,499DKK

Available on the 16th of January.

Build and role-play with this huge THE LEGO MOVIE 2 Apocalypseburg model!

Enjoy an epic 360-degree play experience—and prepare for an alien invasion—with THE LEGO MOVIE 2 70840 Welcome to Apocalypseburg! construction toy. An advanced building set, it has over 3,000 pieces and presents an awesome challenge even for master builders.

This THE LEGO MOVIE 2 set features a section of the Statue of Liberty with a chill-out room in the head, café, Scribble Cop’s office with a chair-kicking function, armory, barber’s/tattoo parlor, Lucy’s hideout, Fuse’s workshop, rooftop diner, gym, spa, lookout platforms and loads more! This action-packed toy also comes with 12 THE LEGO MOVIE 2 minifigures to role-play and reimagine your favorite scenes from the blockbuster film.

• This creative toy includes 12 new-for-January-2019 THE LEGO MOVIE 2 minifigures: Emmet, Lucy, Batman, Scribble Cop, Harley Quinn, Green Lantern, ’Where are my pants?’ Guy, Larry the Barista, Chainsaw Dave, Mo-Hawk, Roxxi and Fuse, plus a rat figure.
  • This huge Apocalypseburg construction toy has removable modules for easy play and features a section of the Statue of Liberty, café, Scribble Cop’s office, armory, barber’s/tattoo parlor, Lucy’s hideout, Fuse’s workshop, rooftop diner, gym, spa and more!
  • The Statue of Liberty section of this THE LEGO MOVIE 2 playset features a buildable torch, opening Lady Liberty head with a chill-out room including a buildable telescope, and 3 lookout platforms.

2cXG5kxy1gg.jpg

• The Coffee Unchained café features a service counter, cash register, buildable coffee machine with 2 coffee pumps, table and seat, and an outdoor table with a parasol and 2 seats.
  • Scribble Cop’s office features an opening jail door and chair-kicking function.
  • Armory features a mannequin, goggles, 3 minifigure helmet elements and 2 buildable weapons.
  • Barber’s/tattoo parlor features a barber’s chair, buildable tattoo machine and hair-cutting tool elements.

dgoc801y1gg.jpg

• Lucy’s hideout features a buildable bed with a secret compartment containing various fun elements including a love letter from Batman. The room also features weapon storage and assorted elements including new-for-January-2019 barbed wire.
  • The removable roof of Lucy’s hideout has a buildable seat, engine truck front and water tower.
  • Fuse’s rooftop workshop features a buildable tool chest with a buildable fire extinguisher.
  • Rooftop diner features a buildable V8 engine deep-fat fryer, table, oven, ketchup and mustard dispensers, plus frying pan and food elements.
  • Train-carriage-shaped gym features a buildable punching bag with alien invader decoration and a weightlifting bench.

u-Bn_kxy1gg.jpg

• Truck-shaped spa features a buildable hot tub and shower.
  • This THE LEGO MOVIE 2 toy building set also includes Chainsaw Dave’s surfboard rack with 2 surfboards, lookout area with a buildable telescope, an opening sewer and various ladders.
  • Weapons for THE LEGO MOVIE 2 characters include Lucy’s crossbow.
  • Accessory elements include Emmet’s 2 coffee mugs, Lucy’s quiver, plus 6 new-for-January-2019 Skeletron head elements (1 as a basketball; 1 on a signpost; 1 as engine decoration; 2 as hair mannequins; and 1 on the armory mannequin).
  • Recreate fun-packed scenes from THE LEGO MOVIE 2 with this awesome Statue of Liberty toy.
  • This new-for-January-2019 toy measures over 20” (52cm) high, 19” (49cm) wide and 12” (33cm) deep.