21043 - San Francisco

henrysunset

With two skylines coming out in January, it seems like time to start the official thread for the upcoming San Francisco set. I'm pleased to share the first review of the set, from my Brick Architect website. 

LINK: http://brickarchitect.com/2018/review-21043-lego-san-francisco-skyline/

opengraph-21043_San_Francisco.jpg

The relevant details for the BrickPicker audience is that it is a very attractive set once built, and I believe it will be of interest both to collectors and people who have a fondness for San Francisco.  I suspect resale will be good when discontinued, especially since the San Francisco Bay Area is packed with wealthy tech employees, and it would make a great gift.

I'd love to hear your impressions of the new set!

---tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

Yeah, Lombard would definitely be a no-go with the current width, unless they worked some magic.

It can be done on this scale.  It doesn't need to be accurate, just a representation.  They probably left it out since a street isn't considered "architecture".  They should consider expanding the size of some of these sets.  San Francisco would definitely benefit and make for an interesting corner type model.  

Edited by Mathew

This is my hometown and I'm excited to hear about this. I don't have any other architecture sets but will have to buy one of these. Thoughts:

• Ugh, I can't believe they included the new ugly Salesforce Tower. The dang building is such an eyesore to the existing skyline.
  • Coit Tower looks a bit phallic. 
  • I like that they included the Painted Ladies.
  • Alcatraz looks amazing.
  • As another member mentioned before, the Sentinel Building would've been a nice inclusion.
  • The old Bank of America Building at 555 California is a nice addition. It's not as well known as other landmarks here in SF, but the locals know it.
  • The Ferry Building with its clock would've been nice to have. I think it would've been pretty easy to incorporate into the narrow build. 

Here's a picture from my office this morning. Our signature overcast weather with a view of the old Bank of America and Transamerica buildings.

My Office View.jpg

Edited by oneknightr
  • Like 5