Concerns about an Amazon reseller / drop shipper, ToyCentric

I love how Amazon requires "authentic" products to be sold.....  So I get an order this morning from Toycentric on eBay saying don't pack the invoice it's a gift.  Dude, at least use a different eBay buying account from your Amazon seller account...  Honestly, after pondering whether to just throw the invoice in anyway, I just cancelled the order and messaged them saying don't use me as a drop-shipper anymore.  Yeah, I'd love to be grandfathered and ungated in Lego on Amazon... why abuse it for a $12 profit?  #dontknowwhatyougottillitsgone

I wouldn't sweat it.  Dude is playing with fire and will get burned sooner or later.  IMHO, he is a complete idiot if he's ungated in Lego on Amazon and using the account to drop ship.  That's against Amazon's rules and will get him banned when Amazon finds out.  Meanwhile, there are plenty of other legit ways to make money selling Lego on Amazon and stay within the rules.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, ellisnc said:

I love how Amazon requires "authentic" products to be sold.....  So I get an order this morning from Toycentric on eBay saying don't pack the invoice it's a gift.  Dude, at least use a different eBay buying account from your Amazon seller account...  Honestly, after pondering whether to just throw the invoice in anyway, I just cancelled the order and messaged them saying don't use me as a drop-shipper anymore.  Yeah, I'd love to be grandfathered and ungated in Lego on Amazon... why abuse it for a $12 profit?  #dontknowwhatyougottillitsgone

Could you please direct him to my listings?  

As I mentioned yesterday in the 'My Order Status' thread, I'd say close to 30% of my eBay holiday sales have come from dropshippers, including ToyCentric.  And I am far from an undercutter. I price inventory accordingly to maximize margins.

There were some extreme delta's this holiday season.  FO Transporters were sitting around $90 - $100 shipped on eBay and selling for $165 FBA.  Minecraft was way out of whack.  Snow Hideouts for $50 on eBay and $94 FBA.  $75 60102 VIP Airplanes going for $125+ on Amazon.  I could go on and on.

Agree there's some serious risk, but not for me.  The customer and I got what we wanted.  I can't help the fact the customer is incapable of spending 5 minutes to see if their desired set can be found for less elsewhere.

• Like 2

He is taking risks that might burn him. He's bought eBay items from me that he's probably stating are new on Amazon but are not in what I feel are in a good enough condition to send to Amazon (box damage, holes, loose seals) but he paid the price I wanted and he's buying my "bad" inventory (hello Kmart shipping) so I'm not complaining. However, if Timmy's mom doesn't expect a damaged box and wants a return. it might be interesting...

• Like 2

Just now, grackleflint said:

He is taking risks that might burn him. He's bought eBay items from me that he's probably stating are new on Amazon but are not in what I feel are in a good enough condition to send to Amazon (box damage, holes, loose seals) but he paid the price I wanted and he's buying my "bad" inventory (hello Kmart shipping) so I'm not complaining. However, if Timmy's mom doesn't expect a damaged box and wants a return. it might be interesting...

I agree. 

It’s not against amazon policy and I’m not trying to police anything.  I’ve had a huge hassle before with a dude on amazon Dropshipping expired printer ink from eBay.  I didn’t lose money, but had to go 10 rounds with PayPal and eBay.  At least buy the stuff and lay your hands on it.

And I’m not going to lie, I’m jealous so it’s painful to see someone being so wreckless with their amazon account.  Customers love ordering stuff on amazon to have it show up in pieced together shoeboxes with eBay tape all over it 🙄. Or better yet, eBay shipping label on the product box.

I have no problem giving up the sale.  I do my share of eBay to amazon flips (no joke, made $80k this year doing it) but it’s all stuff I’m laying my hands on and 99% is sold as used - not lying to the eBay seller that it’s a gift and getting them unknowingly caught up in some ridiculous delivery/return triangle...

Guest TabbyBoy

I've had lots of issues with drop-shippers, especially with their demands and threats of returns, so another one blocked - thank you.

Edited by TabbyBoy

20 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

My only complaint is I can't use my eBay shipping tape.  I never turn down a sale from these guys.

It is an eBay sale, why can't anyone ship it in eBay box, using eBay tape and eBay postage ??? Heck, 90% of the time I put my eBay invoices in the packages too :devil:

10 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

I don't mind these sales at all, although I've never had one try to do a return.  I'm not sure how that would work or if the drop shipper just ends up eating it.

Most of the time they just hit the e-stop and refund their buyer.  Just depends.  Sometimes the buyer gets really confused and has sent back the item directly.  Like I said, partially I’m just jealous.... but It’s pretty stupid... all it takes is one authenticity claim and it’ll come crashing down 

3 minutes ago, ellisnc said:

Most of the time they just hit the e-stop and refund their buyer.  Just depends.  Sometimes the buyer gets really confused and has sent back the item directly.  Like I said, partially I’m just jealous.... but It’s pretty stupid... all it takes is one authenticity claim and it’ll come crashing down 

If he/she gets a return from the Amazon customer, they will pass it on to you. You may have the attitude of "whatever, I'm getting a sale" - but I don't think you (the "general you" - BPers reading this) are properly accounting for the risk if that's your attitude. They are definitely selling items as new on Amazon with seller fulfillment, having you directly ship them, and they get plenty of negatives on Amazon for receiving lower quality packed items because of it. You're absorbing the risk of the Amazon buyer receiving your item and being dissatisfied, returning it to Toycentric, then them returning it to you.

I don't think it's worth it. I blocked this person some time ago on eBay after a few orders of lower quality (damaged box) items.

• Like 2

I certainly dont turn down drop shipper business and so far have not had any issues.

What makes me mad is the "this is a gift please no invoice and upload tracking as soon as possible" note on the sale. Want to message back everytime and say "quit blowing smoke up my butt and just say that your drop shipping."

Sent from my SM-G900P using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, chrisynd said:

If he/she gets a return from the Amazon customer, they will pass it on to you. You may have the attitude of "whatever, I'm getting a sale" - but I don't think you (the "general you" - BPers reading this) are properly accounting for the risk if that's your attitude. They are definitely selling items as new on Amazon with seller fulfillment, having you directly ship them, and they get plenty of negatives on Amazon for receiving lower quality packed items because of it. You're absorbing the risk of the Amazon buyer receiving your item and being dissatisfied, returning it to Toycentric, then them returning it to you.

I don't think it's worth it. I blocked this person some time ago on eBay after a few orders of lower quality (damaged box) items.

Then it would be just another eBay return for whoever sells the item to Toycentric.  As long as the eBay listing reflects the item sold, what's the big deal??? 

Anything on Amzn side is Toycentric's business

• Like 1

Ah this explains a lot. Toycentric bought a damaged box 10842 Batman Challenge from me back in Nov. I knew it was a drop-shipper so I have been withholding feedback until the return period is over (I offer 30 day free returns). If there's no issue by then, I'm happy with the sale (I got 300% ROI on my sale, plus used a 50% off selling fees promo).

14 minutes ago, chrisynd said:

So what? Things can go wrong when you sell directly to end consumer, too. Whatever, I'll take the sales.

11 minutes ago, chrisynd said:

So the return goes back to the Amazon seller and then they return it to you?  That seems like more trouble than it's worth, if you have the ability to sell on Amazon. 

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I would be interested to hear about anyone that has had a return from a drop shipper.

This one was one of my favorites:

Buyer's note: This is an urgent gift for a collectior. Please package well inside a sturdy box with NO receipt or note. Can you ship today? Thank you for shipping priority! PLease make sure there is no EBAY tape or box that is used. The recipient is picky!

The so called picky 'collector' is seeking out the ultra rare The End Portal available across every retailer on the planet for 2+ years as recently as Jan 2018.

EDIT:  End Portal's were selling for $150+ FBA... I had to wait for a bunch of clueless undercutters before mine finally started slowly selling for $110.

Edited by carini26
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

So what? Things can go wrong when you sell directly to end consumer, too. Whatever, I'll take the sales.

I'm not saying it may not be worth the extra risk to you, but I think you're disregarding the risk. It depends on what you're selling. I think it makes sense to take the sale, for the most part, if you're selling mint stuff and pack pretty professionally (what an Amazon buyer would expect: good packaging, no price stickers, no dents/dings/etc on the box, new factory sealed). If you're selling sets of slightly lower quality on eBay, pack with newspaper or grocery bags, etc - well, be prepared.

Normal purchase: you list the eBay item with an accurate description, pictures, etc - possibly of a lower quality item. The end consumer sees this and (hopefully makes an educated decision).

Drop-shipper via Amazon: they buy your item that may not be perfect and ship it off to an Amazon buyer expecting virtual perfection.

That "expectations vs reality" is the extra risk.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, carini26 said:

This one was one of my favorites:

Buyer's note: This is an urgent gift for a collectior. Please package well inside a sturdy box with NO receipt or note. Can you ship today? Thank you for shipping priority! PLease make sure there is no EBAY tape or box that is used. The recipient is picky!

The so called picky 'collector' is seeking out the ultra rare The End Portal available across every retailer on the planet for 2+ years as recently as Jan 2018.

And if you don't follow their demands, ToyCentric will leave you a negative. If you don't believe me, look at their feedback left for others history:

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=toycentric&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers&ftabfocus=true&searchInterval=30

This is another reason I blocked them.

Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 10.42.11 AM.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chrisynd said:

And if you don't follow their demands, ToyCentric will leave you a negative. If you don't believe me, look at their feedback left for others history:

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=toycentric&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers&ftabfocus=true&searchInterval=30

This is another reason I blocked them.

Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 10.42.11 AM.png

Oh, I believe you without this. What a mess! Still, I'm not about to put effort to filter out buyers like this.

Guest TabbyBoy

If one of my new buyers stinks of drop-shipper, I make sure that I use a double-walled box and an extra layer of bubble-wrap as they're often more picky than the actual end user. I've even put a small compliment slip inside the set box between the seals on occasion for dealing-outside-of-ebay once it gets to the end user. One of my best cash customers now was an ex eBayer.