Jump to content

Concerns about an Amazon reseller / drop shipper, ToyCentric

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, chrisynd said:

And if you don't follow their demands, ToyCentric will leave you a negative. If you don't believe me, look at their feedback left for others history:

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=toycentric&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers&ftabfocus=true&searchInterval=30

This is another reason I blocked them.

Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 10.42.11 AM.png

At least knowing this seller's Amazon handle makes it easier to return the favor.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, chrisynd said:

And if you don't follow their demands, ToyCentric will leave you a negative. If you don't believe me, look at their feedback left for others history:

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=toycentric&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers&ftabfocus=true&searchInterval=30

This is another reason I blocked them.

Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 10.42.11 AM.png

I checked this page. Are all these his recent feedback posts, or just the negative ones? It seems he leaves like 98% negative feedback for all sales. Is it really possible that all these Ebay sellers were unable to fulfill their orders?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dennugsmello said:

I checked this page. Are all these his recent feedback posts, or just the negative ones? It seems he leaves like 98% negative feedback for all sales. Is it really possible that all these Ebay sellers were unable to fulfill their orders?

It's all feedback left. If you scroll through enough pages, you'll find positives.

So far as "unable to fulfill", it's probably people canceling the orders when they discover it's a drop-shipper, they make an unreasonable demand (ex: don't use eBay shipping supplies), etc.

EDIT: And generally yes, even if a small percentage of people cancel, ToyCentric is doing a metric ton of eBay-Amazon arbitrage. "Over 9,000 results" for their Amazon listings: https://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&me=A1TLUSL3TGRJ58&page=1. They have 757 ratings in the last 12 months - which represents a ton of sales. It's much harder to get feedback on Amazon than on eBay.

I'm pretty sure they use an automated system to crawl eBay for new listings of items, auto-add to their storefront on Amazon/adjust pricing. I know when I blocked them, suddenly my associated listings disappeared from their Amazon store quite quickly.

Edited by chrisynd
details
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

I always leave a note in my drop shipped items. It goes something like this: "This item comes direct to you from my Bricklink Store. Next time, skip the outrageous prices on Amazon and buy direct." With a short URL to my store.

I pack it well and ship it in a sturdy box... but I'd be a fool to not take advantage of the free advertising. Never had negative feedback from doing so, and I've sent more than half my stack of 500 "flyers" out. Eventually I may get burned... but it's already more than paid off.

I've had more than 10 people message me on Bricklink with orders saying they got my information from an Amazon order and are amazed at the great prices. One just came in earlier this week:

image.png.a4227f69505768215dddca60458c68f0.png

So I tossed in a few free polybags for his kids based on the themes he had ordered previously, and put a note in the order appreciating his business.

This is the right approach, as long as you're willing to risk the drop shipper getting wind from the buyer and them leaving you a negative. If your BrickLink/eBay metrics will take it, it's probably worth it. It's a marketing opportunity with some risk.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how he handles the holiday return bubble with Amazon for orders placed on eBay that fall outside of the 30 return window. I know Amazon honors returns for orders placed 11/1 - xmas with returns 1/31. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

55e0207cbeaacb1399d8bc7e76e22216.jpgb44827efb0d48d0463c4bae3f8a61f89.jpg

This is for those who wonder “where is the extra risk” on eBay sellers part. This is where it is. This user “2sells20170” is another dropshipper. I offered a partial refund of $15 and replacement parts. No dice. I contacted them for more details or possibly pics. No response. Now I am pissed about it. At least now people here will know not to ship to “Justina Brownell” from Forest View IL, which coincidentally is a 10 minute drive from my house lol.... I wonder if they still would have pulled this scam if they knew that lol.

I really like the idea about putting a note in the boxes being drop shipped, with a link to my eBay store. Definitely gonna do that from now on.


Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jeffrey_Dollars said:

55e0207cbeaacb1399d8bc7e76e22216.jpgb44827efb0d48d0463c4bae3f8a61f89.jpg

This is for those who wonder “where is the extra risk” on eBay sellers part. This is where it is. This user “2sells20170” is another dropshipper. I offered a partial refund of $15 and replacement parts. No dice. I contacted them for more details or possibly pics. No response. Now I am pissed about it. At least now people here will know not to ship to “Justina Brownell” from Forest View IL, which coincidentally is a 10 minute drive from my house lol.... I wonder if they still would have pulled this scam if they knew that lol.

I really like the idea about putting a note in the boxes being drop shipped, with a link to my eBay store. Definitely gonna do that from now on.


Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Sweet, got to add another drop shipper "2sells20170" to my block buyer list!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get these all the time, but the problem I have is eBay sellers are involuntarily subject to Amazon's A-to-Z guarantee.

 My only return this year was one of these and they said it was damaged/broken pieces. So, I had to pay shipping both ways on a minty sealed set. The set that was returned to me was not the same box (different seals), still sealed but crushed, and it had an Amazon barcode sticker on it.

The "it's a gift" crap gets pretty old. I even put in my listings that resellers are welcome but warned I use eBay packaging.
Also, a shipping name of "John Smith NO RECEIPT" must look real professional along with eBay box & tape coming from Amazon. 😛
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my experience, shipping another seller's dropship order is no more risky than shipping a normal order. Returns and fraud for either is about the same rate, less than one percent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My only annoyance with these dropship shenanigans is that I deemed the set not worthy of an FBA sale (damaged box), so I listed it on EBay instead with clear pictures. Now this dropshipper gets my FBA sale - I could have just taken the gamble myself.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ed Mack said:

Funny you mention this reseller.  Every time I check a price on Amazon, I see their listing.  Which one of you is ToyCentric?  LOL

Ha, you only need to cross reference the BP user database https://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelwim/ 😉 

He even has a dedicated Twitter troll: 

EDIT: Feel free to remove, though it's public info.

Edited by chrisynd
(removal note)
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Armor said:

Same boat here. Sold 5 sets to them and no problem, he sort-of went under the radar for me.

Judging by his Amazon feedback, I'd say you'll have no problem 92% of the time 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading a lot feedback about damage brings up another point.
I use actual pictures of my dinged up boxes, but Amazon (dropshipped) listings are stock pics.
Our effort to eliminate unwanted surprises gets taken away by an Amazon stock pic, potentially causing another return that wouldn't have happened directly.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About all those negative feedbacks that TOYCENTRIC leaves. I thought that eBay seller is able to cancel a sale and buyer wouldn’t be able to leave feedback? Could someone confirm or explain? Thx.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lordoflego said:

About all those negative feedbacks that TOYCENTRIC leaves. I thought that eBay seller is able to cancel a sale and buyer wouldn’t be able to leave feedback? Could someone confirm or explain? Thx.

It is a valid reason to cancel an item if it does not match the buyer's address. The seller loses all Seller Protection this way. However, I just checked my last two orders from him and both were shipped to addresses that showed up as "Confirmed" in Paypal, which means he must manually add the address to his Paypal, right? I don't see his real address on any order, just his name and the customers next to the confirmed line, so I think you can't cancel and get the feedback removed. Thoughts on this?

Edited by Mark Twain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:
It is a valid reason to cancel an item if it does not match the buyer's address. The seller loses all Seller Protection this way. However, I just checked my last two orders from him and both were shipped to addresses that showed up as "Confirmed" in Paypal, which means he must manually add the address to his Paypal, right? I don't see he's real address on any order, just his name and the customers next to the confirmed line, so I think you can't cancel and get the feedback removed. Thoughts on this?

I'm sure that on the order he placed with me, his real address (including his name) was shown on the PP transaction, but the shipping address in EBay was his customer's.

EDIT - Nope, remembered wrong. Only shows his name, and "toycentric" as the buyer details, with the actual customer as the shipping address.

Edited by Phil B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you cancel a paid eBay order where everything is in order (matching/confirmed address), then the buyer is (rightly) entitled to leave you feedback. This mostly happens in cases where the sale price is lower than the seller wants. Obviously, eBay (like Amazon) wants to discourage sellers from just canceling orders for no good reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sold a few items to dropshippers this month and it doesn't bother me. I get mine and they get theirs. It isn't much different than me buying something for price 1x from a reseller and selling it for 2.7x two days later on eBay.

 

I once oversold an item and had to use a dropshipper and was glad that it was available to me.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...