Concerns about an Amazon reseller / drop shipper, ToyCentric

Have any of you compiled lists of drop shippers?  I'd be willing to share my blocked bidder list from eBay which includes a bunch of bad actors and lots of drop shippers.  

On another note, since I've started blocking them, I've had a steep reduction in drop shipping attempts.  The last one I thwarted was great, found the Amazon buyer's info online and had a nice conversation with them on the phone.  They immediately cancelled the purchase on Amazon and the eBay buyer, SnB Wholesale on Amazon, feverishly contacted me to not ship the item.  Earned a direct sale, the Amazon buyer saved money and now knows where to go for direct business.  

• Like 3

Guest TabbyBoy
11 hours ago, ufjason said:

Have any of you compiled lists of drop shippers?  I'd be willing to share my blocked bidder list from eBay which includes a bunch of bad actors and lots of drop shippers.  

On another note, since I've started blocking them, I've had a steep reduction in drop shipping attempts.  The last one I thwarted was great, found the Amazon buyer's info online and had a nice conversation with them on the phone.  They immediately cancelled the purchase on Amazon and the eBay buyer, SnB Wholesale on Amazon, feverishly contacted me to not ship the item.  Earned a direct sale, the Amazon buyer saved money and now knows where to go for direct business.  

I still fail to understand why naive buyers still assume Amazon is good value when you can often get the same item off eBay for a lot less. In these days of austerity, there are still a lot of daft and lazy people who pay over the odds for most items. Some people are under the impression that Amazon is for new items and eBay is for used (or dodgy) items. They also fail to realise that most eBay sellers have to adhere to distance selling regulations, in the UK at least.

I had a long conversation with eBay to preserve my blocked list as they did insist that I start unblocking buyers as I had over 200 accounts blocked at one point. I basically told them, "If you force me to unblock even one buyer, you can close my account!" I've gone through my list, removed dead accounts, now have 133 live ones blocked and hopefully eBay will leave me alone.

If you suspect a drop-shipper, just "accidentally" place an invoice in with the set with your details as no buyer can force you to leave out an invoice.

I don’t mind selling to dropshippers, or anyone for that matter. I set a price that I’m happy with. If sellers wanna undercut me, they can. I’m just thankful for the opportunity to sell on amazon, and other marketplaces. I learned real quick that returns are part of the business. 

48 minutes ago, Foreman Porgy said:

I don’t mind selling to dropshippers, or anyone for that matter. I set a price that I’m happy with. If sellers wanna undercut me, they can. I’m just thankful for the opportunity to sell on amazon, and other marketplaces. I learned real quick that returns are part of the business. 

The issue isn’t about drop-shipping but more  about this specific guy, ToyCentric.  He doesn’t read eBay descriptions fully nor respond to eBay messages to confirm he understands what he is buying to quickly resell fulfill an Amazon order .

E.g.  

people (could be you) sold a used set w/ box  and opened box w/ sealed contents.  Based on his behavior, he proved that fully reading the auction or looking at pics is hard for him .

He pays you and you ship the set directly to his buyer.  The used set (or new w/ opened box) arrives but the buyer expected a new sealed set because that is want ToyCentric sold.       - You also could have sold him a new mint sealed set that was damaged slightly by the shipping company. 

So he gets left negative feedback on Amazon.

He then quickly leaves you negative feedback w/o even verifying the listing or asking what happened. 

This guy is a joke

11 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

The issue isn’t about drop-shipping but more  about this specific guy, ToyCentric.  He doesn’t read eBay descriptions fully nor respond to eBay messages to confirm he understands what he is buying to quickly resell fulfill an Amazon order .

E.g.  

people (could be you) sold a used set w/ box  and opened box w/ sealed contents.  Based on his behavior, he proved that fully reading the auction or looking at pics is hard for him .

He pays you and you ship the set directly to his buyer.  The used set (or new w/ opened box) arrives but the buyer expected a new sealed set because that is want ToyCentric sold.       - You also could have sold him a new mint sealed set that was damaged slightly by the shipping company. 

So he gets left negative feedback on Amazon.

He then quickly leaves you negative feedback w/o even verifying the listing or asking what happened. 

This guy is a joke

Yea - A joke that makes lots of money selling thousands of toys a month, that he doesn't even have.

• Like 2

Exactly. No risk to him.  Just to Lego AFOLs like us PLUS real registered businesses that invest in themselves to give customers a better experience.

sad that he has 2 advantages fall onto his lap w/o doing anything because of two eBay and amazon selling loopholes.  Plus, If ToyCentric wasn’t grandfathered into Amazon, he wouldn’t have his virtual store .

People prob wouldn’t care more if the guy wasn’t a d#€?###%ag

1 hour ago, KShine said:

Yea - A joke that makes lots of money selling thousands of toys a month, that he doesn't even have.

You’re misunderstanding the underlying problem people have with them. They’re allow to sell on Amazon and the majority of people on Brickpicker cannot. On top of that, their business model breaks Amazon’s policies(which they are allowed to do) that requires sellers to have the item in hand.
You set your prices and you don’t mind people undercutting it, but your prices are relative to Amazon’s prices. When everyone else sets their prices, it’s to eBay’s which are dramatically lower(which they’ve accepted). But the idea of making money for drop-shippers even if it’s pennies drives people insane.

Basically, people are resentful and bitter towards them because it’s not fair that they can’t sell on amazon and they are taking out their frustrations on them by blocking/canceling orders. Of course, this is only my opinion and you know what they say about people’s opinions? ... They are like a**holes, everyone has one and they all stink!
  • Like 1

the main issue i have with tc is the behavior they induce in the seemingly clueless fba sellers who aggressively compete on price without understanding that tc's business model will always undercut them until ebay and amazon price points reach equilibrium (which will never happen as long as there are inpatient 1%'er buyers in the mix).

as an fbm seller, you are stuck and hope the buyer reads TC's crap reviews.  tc has you beat on shipping cost because they have none and they still collect the amazon shipping credit as pure profit since the ebay seller has to foot the shipping bill.

as an fba seller,  you are selling to a different market who doesn't even look at TC's price because they ain't prime.  and yet there are numerous fba sellers who just ignore this in their eagerness to trip over themselves to compete with a stockless seller to compete for price-sensitive buyers who are looking for a good deal instead of price-insensitive buyers who are looking to have the item in their hands in 1-2 days. 

i know who i want as my customer.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I got my first infamous Toycentric ebay sale this week. Hopefully I dont have any problems with anything. Sold a new in box set for 45.00 which he sold on Amazon for around a $100. Seems he has quite a profitable business model going. Not having to purchase inventory up front seems like an entrepreneurial fantasy.

Edited by dennugsmello
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cladner said:

the main issue i have with tc is the behavior they induce in the seemingly clueless fba sellers who aggressively compete on price without understanding that tc's business model will always undercut them until ebay and amazon price points reach equilibrium (which will never happen as long as there are inpatient 1%'er buyers in the mix).

as an fbm seller, you are stuck and hope the buyer reads TC's crap reviews.  tc has you beat on shipping cost because they have none and they still collect the amazon shipping credit as pure profit since the ebay seller has to foot the shipping bill.

as an fba seller,  you are selling to a different market who doesn't even look at TC's price because they ain't prime.  and yet there are numerous fba sellers who just ignore this in their eagerness to trip over themselves to compete with a stockless seller to compete for price-sensitive buyers who are looking for a good deal instead of price-insensitive buyers who are looking to have the item in their hands in 1-2 days. 

i know who i want as my customer.

It’s hard for me to give up control of my set inventory, but it can get a little rough running my BL store at the same time. Would you recommend sending in few sets to amazon for FBA, just to get a feel for how it works? 

Niko is / was a completely different beast.  Was part of a syndicate selling LEGO.  Yeah, Niko was made up of multiple people.  The Niko I dealt with as a buyer for 2 transactions with a pic of a guy with flowing dark hair.

When I saw the sets were dropped shipped from popular businesses, I grew suspicious.  Maybe they (Niko) was prob selling sellers that fell off trucks each time a pothole was encountered.   At times, their business model also kinda reminded me of Walter White's car wash.  Whatever the reasons, the prices were low when I looked.

Basically, people are resentful and bitter towards them because it’s not fair that they can’t sell on amazon and they are taking out their frustrations on them by blocking/canceling orders. Of course, this is only my opinion and you know what they say about people’s opinions? ... They are like a**holes, everyone has one and they all stink!

You’re misunderstanding the underlying problem people have with them.

You got one aspect correct: TC is blatantly breaking the rules that we try to abide by to keep Amazon respectable.

It has been covered by several eBayers that TC leaves negative feedback for illegitimate reasons. They’re not envious, covetous or jealous. They’re very happy to have the sale, when it works out. But if you’ve ever been burned by him, then You’ll forever be cautious about selling a used, loose/popped seal , or sealed but battered box of Lego. At least until you block TC.

Even FBAers cant stand him, but not because of jealousy or envy either. Have you ever tried to compete in price with someone with a virtually unlimited inventory? TC artificially ties the price of Lego on amazon to eBay. TC has hundreds of Lego listings, and any amazon seller unfamiliar with TC, regardless if fba or fbm, may try to compete with TC on price. Artificially hindering appreciation of that set.

Only people that should be happy are the customers as TC ensures that the appreciation of any recently retired set will be retarded by the slower appreciating eBay market. But then, if they knew they could get it on eBay for cheaper...
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Batman720 said:

You’re misunderstanding the underlying problem people have with them. They’re allow to sell on Amazon and the majority of people on Brickpicker cannot. On top of that, their business model breaks Amazon’s policies(which they are allowed to do) that requires sellers to have the item in hand.
You set your prices and you don’t mind people undercutting it, but your prices are relative to Amazon’s prices. When everyone else sets their prices, it’s to eBay’s which are dramatically lower(which they’ve accepted). But the idea of making money for drop-shippers even if it’s pennies drives people insane.

Basically, people are resentful and bitter towards them because it’s not fair that they can’t sell on amazon and they are taking out their frustrations on them by blocking/canceling orders. Of course, this is only my opinion and you know what they say about people’s opinions? ... They are like a**holes, everyone has one and they all stink! emoji23.png

Lol.  They are blocked because they do not bother reading any box condition information on the title and item descriptions.  There are specific reasons for those items being listed on my eBay store as supposed to my FBM.

• Like 2

If you lose the buy box to toycentric, would you recommend keeping your prices above theirs? 

Absolutely, buy box from non-FBAers do not concern me
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lol this **** seller still has 90% positive despite many 1 star reviews.  Business must be good for them as they have this 1 curious "buyer" who has left them 100+ 5 stars reviews containing the same 1-2 words. 

:drag:

19 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Lol this **** seller still has 90% positive despite many 1 star reviews.  Business must be good for them as they have this 1 curious "buyer" who has left them 100+ 5 stars reviews containing the same 1-2 words. 

Beezly must order A LOT of stuff...

👎🏼

2 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

im actually surprised he has not been suspended for feedback manipulation i thought amazon was able to catch these type of things