71023 - Minifigures - The LEGO Movie 2

Lordoflego

On 1/3/2019 at 1:40 AM, Furious_george said:

Yes......you are........the only......one.

[sorry for the late response]

BY over-valuing one or two figures; the rest of the figures are essentially under-valued...and post retirement, the price for the un-opened pollies are greatly reduced....and with all the hoarded cherry picked figures flooding the market...even that price is reduced.

Also it's pretty creepy for all these middle-aged men smooshing pollies in the toy aisle.  I rather the pollies be truly blind, because I believe that makes it better for all.

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 3:57 PM, MinifiguresPlus said:

Set price is officially $75 for all pre-orders. Please DM us with your PayPal email address for invoice. Shipping mid-February. Free shipping within the US and $10 for international shipping.

I have also spotted a couple new photos out there.

Any chance these are shipping out sooner than mid-February?

Can someone enlighten me on this sort of thing? I saw a dude at Walmart today smooshing Lego Movie 2 minifigs, and separating them. I assume he sells complete series, but at $4 a pop, selling for $75 to $85, how is any money being made? Do they hold these for a few years? Why buy the figs now - just to beat out other smooshers?

The thing that's most baffling to me is clearly this guy doesn't clean up local 50% off sets, so I am not really sure what his gambit is. I just don't quite get it and wonder what I am missing out on. There just seems to be less work/more profit in other forms of Brickvesting.

2 minutes ago, Achilles said:

Can someone enlighten me on this sort of thing? I saw a dude at Walmart today smooshing Lego Movie 2 minifigs, and separating them. I assume he sells complete series, but at $4 a pop, selling for $75 to $85, how is any money being made? Do they hold these for a few years? Why buy the figs now - just to beat out other smooshers?

The thing that's most baffling to me is clearly this guy doesn't clean up local 50% off sets, so I am not really sure what his gambit is. I just don't quite get it and wonder what I am missing out on. There just seems to be less work/more profit in other forms of Brickvesting.

Maybe he is just a collector looking for specific figs to complete his collection? Not everybody is like us and view Lego as just a commodity. I know, weird right?!

• Like 5

I smooshed the entire Lego 2 minifigure series over the past three days from a new box untouched box I found at Kohls for my personal collection with no duplicates.  This is the easiest series I have ever smooshed and saved money by using $10 Kohls cash.

IMG_20190202_172113485 - Resized.jpg

The following minifigures are double bagged: Crayon, Singer with record and microphone, Swamp Guy, Kitty guitar player with microphone and Dorothy, for five total.

Smooshing tips: 

Lord Business (golf club)

Wild Style Bandit (binocular, helmet)

Abraham Lincoln (hat)

Crayon (double bag, crayon)

Emmett (hair, coffee)

Watermelon (head piece) 

Benny (helmet, tool box) 

Giraffe (giraffe head)

Hippie Girl (cat)

Singer with record and microphone (double bag, microphone, record)

Wild Style singer (hair piece)

Swamp Guy (double bag, whip)

Singer with microphone and cassette tile (double bag, skirt)

Jurassic guy? (dinosaur)

Kitty guitar player with microphone (guitar)

Dorothy (double bag, rubber hair)

Cowardly Lion (head piece with ears)

Scarecrow (hat),

Tin Man (helmet with small round circle piece, axe)

Unikitty (body piece like a small bridge)

Edited by LegoWalker4
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

Maybe he is just a collector looking for specific figs to complete his collection? Not everybody is like us and view Lego as just a commodity. I know, weird right?!

I did consider that, but he had several sets put in different boxes, and other "shipping/labeling" paraphenelia in his cart. 

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 5:49 PM, LegoWalker4 said:

I smooshed the entire Lego 2 minifigure series over the past three days from a new box untouched box I found at Kohls for my personal collection with no duplicates.  This is the easiest series I have ever smooshed and saved money by using $10 Kohls cash.

The following minifigures are double bagged: Crayon, Singer with record and microphone, Swamp Guy, Kitty guitar player with microphone and Dorothy, for five total.

Smooshing tips: 

Lord Business (golf club)

Wild Style Bandit (binocular, helmet)

Abraham Lincoln (hat)

Crayon (double bag, crayon)

Emmett (hair, coffee)

Watermelon (head piece) 

Benny (helmet, tool box) 

Giraffe (giraffe head)

Hippie Girl (cat)

Singer with record and microphone (double bag, microphone, record)

Wild Style singer (hair piece)

Swamp Guy (double bag, whip)

Singer with microphone and cassette tile (double bag, skirt)

Jurassic guy? (dinosaur)

Kitty guitar player with microphone (guitar)

Dorothy (double bag, rubber hair)

Cowardly Lion (head piece with ears)

Scarecrow (hat),

Tin Man (helmet with small round circle piece, axe)

Unikitty (body piece like a small bridge)

My cowardly lions were double bagged

21 hours ago, puristgreen said:

Are you saying that there IS a chase fig? or just a more popular one?

I think there is a chase fig. Flashback Lucy seems 2 in a box. Rest have 3 in a box, except Candy Rapper has 4.

Brothers-Brick also noted this in their box. As mine also shows this (bough in Netherlands), I do not think it is a coincidence.

But will soon buy another box. Let's see how that one turns out.

Edited by dmind
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, dmind said:

I think there is a chase fig. Flashback Lucy seems 2 in a box. Rest have 3 in a box, except Candy Rapper has 4.

Brothers-Brick also noted this in their box. As mine also shows this (bough in Netherlands), I do not think it is a coincidence.

But will soon buy another box. Let's see how that one turns out.

is "flashback Lucy" the singing Lucy? Also, the poster above seems to imply a mystery minifig...has that been figured out already?

The boxes at Kohl's have been relatively unmolested. My experience was that each column was a complete set in the same order. I typically found Crayon Girl 6th from the rear, and Giraffe Guy 7th from the rear.  The Wizard of Oz were roughly 4, 5, 6, and 7 from the front (Scarecrow, Tin Man, Lion then Dorothy or maybe it was Dorothy then Lion), but I encountered boxes where I thought Lord Business and Benny were in the first three and Rex seemed to be flanking, I think at 8, because I was feeling for Toto and the baby dino was throwing me off until I felt the hat with hair.  Battle Abe was in the vicinity of the giraffe (which I bring up in case his 3L bar makes you think you've found tin man), along with a few of the microphone people.

Seal codes are 48S8

Three Kohl's and 13 complete WoO sets and 15 giraffe guys out of undisturbed or partially disturbed columns from 6 boxes, so not perfect but a good starting point.  I've only got one Sherry Scratchen-Post & Scarface to take back, which I either thought was the Cowardly Lion (Scarface's tail + Sherry's hairpiece) or Dorothy (didn't make sure the hairpiece was squeezable and thought Scarface was Toto).

Edited by hockeyweasel
  • Like 2