71023 - Minifigures - The LEGO Movie 2

Lordoflego

4 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

I hope not. Both my Targets have been really good about having every CMF series readily available prior to and on release date, so I'm still crossing my fingers. 

Really? Where are you located? I'm in the SF Bay Area (Oakland). Has anyone here seen them at Target yet? 

I think I saw them behind the cashier at B&N in Tanforan at the Make &Take...guessing all the B&Ns have them. Wondering is all B&Ns have them behind the cashier and if so, not smooshable (unless clerks are smooshing in the back)

32 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

I hope not. Both my Targets have been really good about having every CMF series readily available prior to and on release date, so I'm still crossing my fingers. 

Really? Where are you located? I'm in the SF Bay Area (Oakland). Has anyone here seen them at Target yet? 

I'm in the Dallas area

Regarding the comment about them being behind the cashier, they were out on the floor at the B&N I visited this weekend.

On 2/14/2019 at 7:43 AM, Kevink24 said:

best I can do...

love the crime scene!

On 2/13/2019 at 10:40 AM, oneknightr said:

I still have yet to see these at my two local Targets. Such a bummer. The HP CMF series keeps staring at me each time I go there looking. 

On 2/25/2019 at 10:45 AM, oneknightr said:

I still have yet to see these at my two local Targets. Grrrrr.

On 2/25/2019 at 11:36 AM, CosmicSpeed said:

They might have come and gone. The one near me got 2 boxes week of release, I was able to get the ones I wanted day release and the others were sporadically placed on the purchase aisles.

Still havent seen these at any targets or wally's.  TLG got fleeced by the Marketing company hired to push TLM2.  These should been widely available a month or two leading up to the movie. There should be no question why this movie didnt perform adequately, many people didnt even know about it!

gonzo.PNG

• Like 3

4 hours ago, oneknightr said:

Has no one seen these at Target yet? I'm having smooshing withdrawals. It's been a while since series 18.

At the Targets near me (Wisconsin) I found them hanging in the checkout aisles with polybags and other random things they hope you buy while waiting in line.  Still a ton of Harry Potter but every other had LEGO movie

Edited by PlasticDude
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, oneknightr said:

Still none at the Targets around me. Smooshing withdrawal symptoms are real. 

I might have to just bite the bullet and make the drive to my local Lego store and Kohls and hope they have a new box out.

Do you have B&N around? they may carry some and worth checking out

• Thanks 1

I saw them at Michael's and JoAnn's Fabrics.

They must hate parents. Kids already probably hate getting dragged in there and then they start whining for LEGO and not even particularly good LEGO, but TLM2 sets and Creator brick boxes.

I swear I was there with my wife getting fabric for a dress she's having made.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

my experience might to your interest.

I bought a full sealed box of 71023 from Costco.ca (I'm in Canada) and then smoothes every fig in it, found in this box there are 5 #11  Candy Rapper,  but only 1 #9 Flashback Lucy

Lesson is: if you bought a sealed box of 71023, there is a chance that you do not obtain 3 full set of 71023.

15 hours ago, bigreen said:

my experience might to your interest.

I bought a full sealed box of 71023 from Costco.ca (I'm in Canada) and then smoothes every fig in it, found in this box there are 5 #11  Candy Rapper,  but only 1 #9 Flashback Lucy

Lesson is: if you bought a sealed box of 71023, there is a chance that you do not obtain 3 full set of 71023.

I too was unlucky ..... sealed box:
6 unikitty
0 Lincoln
:(

• Sad 1

I'm also supprised. 

but Lego's response to my complaint make this even worse:

------------------------------------------

Thank-you for getting in touch with us.

It's great to hear that you are so engaged with LEGO® products and that you were so eager to get a complete series of LEGO Movie 2 collectible minifigures that you purchase a box of them.

I can only sympathise with your frustration after opening the sealed blind bags to discover that you had multiple/duplicates which you may have not been expecting.

We have never officially published the contents of each minifigure series boxes, and just like you, during the packing processes we can never confirm how many of each minifigure is in each box or make a commitment of how many complete series' you will find within each box.

I am aware that various fan-sites have claimed the "count" of each minifigure series in each box, but must stress that this is not always the case.

Thanks for being so understanding.

Have an EPIC rest of your day!

Stay awesome and happy building from all of your friends here at The LEGO® Group!

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, bigreen said:

I'm also supprised. 

but Lego's response to my complaint make this even worse:

------------------------------------------

Thank-you for getting in touch with us.

It's great to hear that you are so engaged with LEGO® products and that you were so eager to get a complete series of LEGO Movie 2 collectible minifigures that you purchase a box of them.

I can only sympathise with your frustration after opening the sealed blind bags to discover that you had multiple/duplicates which you may have not been expecting.

We have never officially published the contents of each minifigure series boxes, and just like you, during the packing processes we can never confirm how many of each minifigure is in each box or make a commitment of how many complete series' you will find within each box.

I am aware that various fan-sites have claimed the "count" of each minifigure series in each box, but must stress that this is not always the case.

Thanks for being so understanding.

Have an EPIC rest of your day!

Stay awesome and happy building from all of your friends here at The LEGO® Group!

There is a reason that the only thing they promise is that you will get one of the random minifigures from that series. It would be a nightmare to verify that something wasn't misplaced as there is no outward way to verify quickly that the correct figures were placed in the box.

Sometimes when you roll the dice you roll snake eyes.

paFgQ.thumb.gif.8891b6df4d91ea8e668c228401e3b9c9.gif