Let's Assume BrickHeadz are done after 2019: What are the Choice Sets?

$20 on joe vs dan

"Let's Assume BrickHeadz are done after 2019: What are the Choice Sets?"

all of them at the right price point.  lowest fba for captain jack sparrow :  $25.99 - yeah i 10x'd my money before fees in a year on freakin' jack sparrow - htfb.  (photo taken jan22 2018). the best thing about these brickheadz is that they got the numbers on the boxes.  don't know why you think these are going to end.  they are just getting good.IMG_0607.JPG

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, cladner said:

all of them at the right price point.  lowest fba for captain jack sparrow :  $25.99 - yeah i 10x'd my money in a year on freakin' jack sparrow - htfb.  (photo taken jan22 2018).

IMG_0607.JPG

Good point. That’s how I’m sitting on about 600 bhz lol

but those dang black widows, Salazars. Sold plenty but stuck with even more....

Edited by Lordoflego
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Lordoflego said:

Good point. That’s how I’m sitting on about 600 bhz lol

but those dang black widows, Salazars. Sold plenty but stuck with even more....

time cures all seller counts (well except for maybe WoN and exosuit)...

meantime freakin' jack sparrow is $25.99

AdmirableAdventurousFrilledlizard-small.

QONVIyz.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=11013112

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I just don't see how there could be THAT many JOhnny Depp fans

I'd love to hear some insights on Why Jack Sparrow and not another set (does every freakin 40-something dream of being a pirate?...which reminds me of lyrics to a great song:

"Yes I am a pirate, two hundred years too late 
The cannons don't thunder, there's nothing to plunder 
I'm an over-forty victim of fate 
Arriving too late, arriving too late..."

13 hours ago, Phil B said:

You'll find that people are more willing to tell you once the sets have fully disappeared from retail emoji14.png

Hey Phil, Just read your 1 yr aniverary lessons learned post from 2016...great read even after 3 years...so are your twins still into LEgo?

Also is it a faux pas here to link to a member's bricklink store...I don't have  BL store but would like to learn of others here.

Any opinions on Mr and Mrs Claus (40274). It's discounted at SAH and might do well next year if it's discontinued by then. I'm not sure how long these stick around for so may need to wait until the year after that?

Available again at SAH - probably shop returns. Since it’s not a licensed set would not surprise me if they bring it back next Xmas. Look at the Bee and the Bunny which should be here for valentine and Easter this year.

Hey Phil, Just read your 1 yr aniverary lessons learned post from 2016...great read even after 3 years...so are your twins still into LEgo?
Also is it a faux pas here to link to a member's bricklink store...I don't have  BL store but would like to learn of others here.

Zelda and Fortnite, and no, those are not their given names.

Some members have shared their stores, but most try to/remain anonymous. We're all competitors after all.....

all of them at the right price point.  lowest fba for captain jack sparrow :  $25.99 - yeah i 10x'd my money before fees in a year on freakin' jack sparrow - htfb.  (photo taken jan22 2018). the best thing about these brickheadz is that they got the numbers on the boxes.  don't know why you think these are going to end.  they are just getting good.IMG_0607.JPG.d3bc22794608773b8397ce365016e507.JPG

HP will be the most coveted sets due to collectors and fantasy. Given the theme there will be demand from non Lego collectors who are big into HP. Other than that, the short run exclusives such as Jack/Sally; Groot/Rocket; Finn and Phasma will do best, given how hard they were to get. Already hitting 3 times RRP. Other prices will be capped at 2 times RRP, max 3 times given how many pieces and what people realistically will be willing to pay based on PPP.

It´s very simple and people seem to want to overthink it. The non licensed ones are subprime and are to be avoided.

The first wave from last year took ages to retire and were practically given away (see above photo) yet all are trading above RRP one Xmas later and Captain America and Batman are doing very well indeed.

It doesn´t take a rocket scientist to work out which ones are going to do the best from 2018. Popular characters + short life and few discounts = Win.

image.png.11e93473cc4a881c1c483c9e72bfe9d2.png

Go Brick Me is also a win provided they don´t pull out a rehash, like with Minecraft crafting box.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grabbitfast said:

U.S. Market is the one I am watching closely, Homer and Krusty could be the numero uno if ended in Europe shortly and dont make a return in US.

That´s probably the one I´d avoid right now as it is hanging around way too long for an SAH exclusive.

My top ten ranking would be Vader, 3 Potters, BTTF, Groot, Newt, Ghostbusters, Boba and Stormtrooper or maybe Chewie.

That´s probably the one I´d avoid right now as it is hanging around way too long for an SAH exclusive.
My top ten ranking would be Vader, 3 Potters, BTTF, Groot, Newt, Ghostbusters, Boba and Stormtrooper or maybe Chewie.

Add Jack and Sally to that list. Still think the mice will do well despite being obviously over hoarded. Ariel and Ursula could be a dark horse since an exclusive and judging by the number on the shelves hadn’t been a target for hoarding

5 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Add Jack and Sally to that list. Still think the mice will do well despite being obviously over hoarded. Ariel and Ursula could be a dark horse since an exclusive and judging by the number on the shelves hadn’t been a target for hoarding

Forgot about them! Ok, remove Boba, Ghostbusters and Stormtrooper and replace with mice and Skellingtons and that is a solid top ten.

It´s very simple and people seem to want to overthink it. The non licensed ones are subprime and are to be avoided.
The first wave from last year took ages to retire and were practically given away (see above photo) yet all are trading above RRP one Xmas later and Captain America and Batman are doing very well indeed.
It doesn´t take a rocket scientist to work out which ones are going to do the best from 2018. Popular characters + short life and few discounts = Win.

image.png.11e93473cc4a881c1c483c9e72bfe9d2.png
Go Brick Me is also a win provided they don´t pull out a rehash, like with Minecraft crafting box.

Only those two.

People keep mentioning wave 1,
But doesn’t that include batgirl, robin, joker, beauty and beast, Salazar and black widow?
All can be found at RRP or less.

Wave 1 was Big. Go get them all.

Only those two.

People keep mentioning wave 1,

But doesn’t that include batgirl, robin, joker, beauty and beast, Salazar and black widow?

All can be found at RRP or less.

Wave 1 was Big. Go get them all.

Yup. Unless you bought at $2.50 and/or sell on Amazon, wave 1 wide-release has been mediocre at best. Until the recent BAM sale, I hadn’t found many under $5. I’m glad I put my money elsewhere on things I’ve already sold for a much better margin. But I was smart enough to grab HP and the mice before they disappeared. I just hope everyone wasn’t similarly “smart” or volume sellers will plateau the price for the next 12-18 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

14 hours ago, lodibricks said:

He's referring to the Brickheadz box sizes fitting in stockings, and asking if you stuff stockings in Europe.

Quilted Stocking - Santa in Sled 

By your response, I'm thinking maybe you don't do stockings. :P

no, we dont .. its an aglosaxon custom .. I guess you Americans took that from Britain.

4 hours ago, Val-E said:

Source?

Local Toy Shop owner and our own local Lego oracle better known as King Vader who  tried to offload a small van load of these on me and believe me the guy doesnt have a Human bone in his body just cartilage.

Of course it could be the Mk 2 rumor spooked him.

Edited by grabbitfast

8 hours ago, Cheese said:

Available again at SAH - probably shop returns. Since it’s not a licensed set would not surprise me if they bring it back next Xmas. Look at the Bee and the Bunny which should be here for valentine and Easter this year.

Yes given the fact mine turned up creased and marked in a very well packaged unmarked box, you will be getting shop returns.

13 minutes ago, grabbitfast said:

Local Toy Shop owner and our own local Lego oracle better known as King Vader who  tried to offload a small van load of these on me and believe me the guy doesnt have a Human bone in his body just cartilage.

Of course it could be the Mk 2 rumor spooked him.

Does he think Brexit it going to happen?

• Like 1