31090 - Underwater Robot

Mark Twain

the 2nd pic looks really good to me.. Im wondering.. imagine that you are in charge of LEGO design teams.. WHAT would you have the designers to do a year after year.. to meet roughly around 500-700 new sets per year? after a year or two you are just out of ideas.. totally.... 

Edited by crayxlp
  • Like 1

the 2nd pic looks really good to me.. Im wondering.. imagine that you are in charge of LEGO design teams.. WHAT would you have the designers to do a year after year.. to meet roughly around 500-700 new sets per year? after a year or two you are just out of ideas.. totally.... 

That may be it. I also think they probably look at broad patterns and this informs some degree of the creative direction they take.

A lot of these robot designs from the past three years feel like living in the shadow of Bionicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

16 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

That may be it. I also think they probably look at broad patterns and this informs some degree of the creative direction they take.

A lot of these robot designs from the past three years feel like living in the shadow of Bionicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

it is a common knowledge that LEGO teams in charge of developing new products throughout the development of new sets work at large with different age groups of the target consumers / population - kids in the kindergartens, girls at age of targeted Friends sets etc.. its absolutely no secret and you can find that in almost every annual report. Its simply not lke the designer would sit down at the table and thought: "..  what am I gonna to present next Monday at the meeting.. ".. 

Edited by crayxlp