70839 - The Rexcelsior

OrangeChiliPeP

2 hours ago, mudcatsfan said:

Ah, that's a good point. even if they could reference those items, they'd be teeny tiny. Oh well. perhaps they'd still include the...... 

SPOILER Below, highlight to read

Flux capacitor that Rex walked around with.

wow that's cool...the highlighting part...Been chatting on forums for almost a decade and never seen that B4.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I know folks have been baggin on TLM@ sets...but I find it interesting the Rexcelsior price has held up over the rds of discounts...RRP survived Amazon Day, Black Friday, and the early Dec rush.  A week ago I saw it as the only TLM2 set at Target at FULL RRP.  Hmm

Anyway I have not seen it <$100 on Ebay and the going rate circles around  $125 + Shipping which can be outrageous for a big set.

I've heard it from my grade school kid that his classmates love this set...the kid that got one received all kinds of props.  Definitely iconic for the movie (albeit a dud), ugly but very unique for a LEGO set...displays well and ofcourse huge playability factor (it's a play set that's compact [ie won;t loose random pieces]).

anyway just sharing my observations...could easily be a Voltron which held its RRP well w/ a floodgate of sales happening all at once.

1 minute ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I know folks have been baggin on TLM@ sets...but I find it interesting the Rexcelsior price has held up over the rds of discounts...RRP survived Amazon Day, Black Friday, and the early Dec rush.  A week ago I saw it as the only TLM2 set at Target at FULL RRP.  Hmm

Anyway I have not seen it <$100 on Ebay and the going rate circles around  $125 + Shipping which can be outrageous for a big set.

I've heard it from my grade school kid that his classmates love this set...the kid that got one received all kinds of props.  Definitely iconic for the movie (albeit a dud), ugly but very unique for a LEGO set...displays well and ofcourse huge playability factor (it's a play set that's compact [ie won;t loose random pieces]).

anyway just sharing my observations...could easily be a Voltron which held its RRP well w/ a floodgate of sales happening all at once.

I mostly agree with the assessment but I did see during summer 19 clearance this hit 50% off at a few stores. I considered snagging one or two, but funds went elsewhere.