Harry Potter 2019

exciter1

• 2 months later...

First (incredibly blurry) image of the Harry Potter Advent calendar has surfaced on Instagram (#legoleaks).

Harry & Hermione are the only minifigures I can make out; it could be one to watch and certainly more interesting than SW of late!

First image of the new Expecto Patronum has also appeared on instagram (#legoleaks).

I'm guessing it will be similarly priced to 75951.  It includes:

• Two reasonably-sized trees, a small lake-side vignette:
  • Patronus Stag (clear trans-blue)
  • Harry Potter
  • Sirius Black
  • 2 x Dementors
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Detailed descriptions of the new sets have been published on stonewars.de

Basic details as follows - available from 5th June:

• 75945: Expecto Patronum  (121 parts, 4 minifigures + Patronus, 19.99 Euro)
  • 75946: Triwizard Tournament - First Task (265 parts, 4 minifigures + horn tail, 34,99 Euro)
  • 75947: Hagrid's Hut/Buckbeak's Rescue (496 parts, 6 minifigures + Buckbeak, 59.99 Euro
  • 75948: Hogwarts Clock Tower (922 parts, 8 minifigures, 89.99 euros)
  • 75957: Knight Bus (403 parts, 3 minifigures, 39,99 Euro)

The sound very promising indeed - 75948 connects with the current Hogwarts sets so I assume they'll continue to be available for a while.....

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Captain_chaos said:

I am guessing that the dragon will be small and disappointing, given the price.

Eh, not exactly. They could reuse dragon parts from Elves if needed. They did that with the Thunderbird from Fantastic Beasts. And it will look much better than the last one with the Dinosaur head. 

I am more interested in the Knightbus, it has nearly 150 more pcs and might be a great improvement over the last one.

After never owning any of the originals, I am impressed with this round. The overall quality of the sets, in both design minifigures seems much better.

Guest TabbyBoy

Even though the DK book looks to be good value, I'm a little unsure. When I've seen similar things in the past, you have to order several volumes to get all the components needed. I've not yet seen a statement saying that EVERYTHING is included in this volume to build the house - can somebody confirm this?

If it is, it's a winner, especially at Waterstones, who often have good deals.

As far as a Chicken Dinner goes, that'll be the Knight Bus - time to offload the old ones asap?

First images of all of the new HP sets have appeared on Instagram (#legoleaks); they've used the same box-art as the first wave so I'd guess they'll both be available for a while.

Dragon looks a little underwhelming, but I'm really impressed by the others.

• 75945 - Expecto Patronum
  • 75946 - Hungarian Horrntail Triwizard Challenge
  • 75947 - Hagrid's Hut: Buckbeak's Rescue
  • 75948 - Hogwart's Clock Tower
  • 75957 - The Knight Bus

2 hours ago, Lobot said:

LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Clock Tower (75948)

really diggin the minifigs on the clock tower set...brings back memories of the movie I enjoyed (especially Ron's ridiculous "dress")

you can click on the "Lego News" tab and there's an article w/ most of the box pictures.

Clearly the recent sets are a reboot of the entire series w/ the goal of being able to build the entire wizarding world and act out all the major scenes.  I know HP sets are considered blue chip, but all this suggests that the sets will be around for awhile (except the HP BHz which really are blue chip (in my newb opinion) to give folks plenty of time to build their worlds. really looking forward to remake of Diagon alley

What is the interior of the Clock tower supposed to be?

Top floor has 2 beds, one of the house dorms? There are also two flags/dividers in the middle that I'm not sure what they're for.

Middle floor - the larger side has what looks like tables and chairs, so it's probably some sort of classroom; the smaller side looks like an office, probably Dumbledore's with the Gryffindor sword above it.

Bottom floor looks like the entrance of the ball room and the ball room itself I guess.

It looks ok but nowhere near the caliber of the great hall.

I think they look pretty good. Huge HP fan so I’ll buy them all. The expecting patronem and clock tower were done well, and have an added bonus of being new. The bus looks good, much more roomy inside, and I really like how Hagrids Hut has the extra back area like it does in the movies. None of the previous versions had that feature. The horntail set is bad... even as a huge fan I am disappointed. The tent part is good, and the figures are fine, but besides that it’s bad. Dragon is much worse than previous version, and there are no stands or anything.

They should have done the Maze. That would have completed the tasks and with the graveyard and Yule ball, it would have covered all of the major parts from the 4th movie. Maze would have had to be big to do properly... too expensive I suppose. Oh well

Hmm, that isn't the version of Sirius Black that I had seen on #Legoleaks, hope we get the other one, it was spot on.  

Hagrid's Hut is a huge upgrade,  Love the Clocktower set,  Another Knight Bus, meh,  Horntail set, meh,  Patronus?  Yes please.  

Overall I love these and the new figures.  Lego has hit it out of the park with the CMF figures and these in the sets.  Never thought I would see many of these figures that have come out in the past year.  

Except Dobby, that was an abomination.

EDIT:  Back up, the Hagrid's Hut isn't a complete structure?  Just a facade?  Weak.  

Edited by Huskers1236
  • Like 1