75258 - Anakin's Podracer - 20th Anniversary Set

brickvoyeur

1 hour ago, brickvoyeur said:

LEGO-Star-Wars-75258-Anakins-Podracer-20th-Anniversary-Edition-640x327.jpg.756e46bb597bb05c19f178d331221d89.jpg

This is a family based set. Anniversary Luke along with his much younger, and shorter, parents.

The podracer sets have never sold very well - So let's put the least interesting podracer with the least interesting 20th anniversary minifig.

How low will this one get discounted to?

47 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

I hated the movie and the sets.

I just watched this movie again yesterday with my kids - and I continue to find new depths of disbelief for how bad they screwed it up. So many "how was THAT the best take they could come up with?" and "who thought THAT line of dialogue was ok?" moments - basically any time anyone opened their mouths to speak. Ugh, it's getting me worked up just thinking about it.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
7 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

I have to agree.  Are these sets the best they can do for an "anniversary set"?  Terrible.

I would at least expect a 1:1 UCS of a JarJar bust - LOL.

2 hours ago, HappyHawkeye said:

I just watched this movie again yesterday with my kids - and I continue to find new depths of disbelief for how bad they screwed it up. So many "how was THAT the best take they could come up with?" and "who thought THAT line of dialogue was ok?" moments - basically any time anyone opened their mouths to speak. Ugh, it's getting me worked up just thinking about it.

My kids refuse to watch Ep 1.  They are 7 and 4, and this has been going on for at least the last 18 months.  They don't even like playing this Episode on Star Wars Lego on Xbox.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dr Jedi said:

This is likely the crack talking, but can we hope that they're directing their collective design/brain power towards something significant?  

Like a UCS remake?

2 hours ago, HappyHawkeye said:

George Lucas and Rick McCallum.  With all of his creative genious, Lucas was never great with dialogue.

Edited by zskid00

6 minutes ago, Dr Jedi said:

Maybe I will be in the minority on this, but I’m looking forward to the UCS ISD later this year.  I sold off my 10030, anticipating that there has to be some improvement from the previous design.  

I actually just completed a Light Gray 10030 and was considering flipping it as well only because I've seen all the originals dropping like a rock as soon as the replacement UCS set comes out.  My buy-in was pretty cheep and I used gift cards for the 2-3 hard-to-find parts that were missing.  But with LEGO using more and more 1x1 plates for newer sets I just wonder if the new ISD will be as large as the original.  10030 is a monster and the 6" Tantive IV just finishes it off.

Back on topic:

I don't really get the remake of these sets.  I do get the nostalgia aspect as these were some of the first SW LEGO sets.  And this set looks nice and all, but I'm not interested in it at all.  Nor do I hear the fan-base saying, "You know what I really want but can't find - Eps. 1 Pod racers."  It's not like these originals can really drop in value more and I don't really see over-produced anniversary figures becoming a thing.  I'm with most of you, I'm left with meh...  And how many copies of Luke's snowspeeder do we really need?  What are we up to 3, 4 or is it 5 now?  I wish they would release the rest of Rogue Squadron's snowspeeders in other sets.  So far there are only two: Wedge and Zev.  If we had more, then we could actually build a hanger full.

• 3 weeks later...