42100 - Liebherr 9800

Val-E

Technic just got damned serious and expensive. 450 euros for this bad boy

FOUR new Summer Technic Sets, available from 1st August

LEGO Technic car transporter 42096, 2x1 model, a vehicle, the same size as the Corvette, which can be taken on the transporter!

LEGO Technic Spider Crane 42097, manual, no power functions, 2in1 model, RRP 89,99 Euro

LEGO Technic 4x4 Extreme SUV 42099, with CONTROL + function (brand new), three engines, independent, RRP € 229.99

LEGO Technic Liebherr 9800 42100, seven (!) Motors that are individually controllable, two smart hubs, that is CONTROL + function, 449.99 Euro RRP

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

Let's pray that it's as exclusive as 41999 was. It does look cool and I'd love to have one. The question is.... Will as many get on the gravy train as they did for 42056? What makes me nervous about reselling expensive sets is the increase in scams, anal box lickers and fraudulent SNAD cases that can't be proven buy the seller.

Guest TabbyBoy
12 hours ago, Val-E said:

2.5 years as usual for flagships.

Yes, it seems like it. However, I think that #2 sets do better as the Claax Xerion is now doing quite well and was often 60% off too! Another is the 42068 ARV which was also heavily discounted and it now above RRP. Will the BWE and orange Porsche reach RRP? hmmm.....

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Maybe I'm new to all this...but Technic seems to be more about proving'''Yeah we could do it"

than developing a set for a mass market

They are always going to have a few sets that are intended for making headlines rather than sales. 

• 6 months later...

In Netherlands, every Technic set is at some stage available at 40% discount - no exceptions. Half of the Technic sets will even go up to 50-55% discount.

So far, we have only hit 33% discount (300 euro), so have to wait a bit longer until it hits 250-270 euro.