10265 - Ford Mustang

brickvoyeur

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

LEGO... pleeeeease make this exclusive to SaH only!

Seems unlikely, I was hoping for the vestas turbine at to be Lego SAH exclusive but that is now also available for sale at John Lewis, I think the days of "exclusive" sets are no longer, all sets go to smyths/John Lewis within a few months 

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Voltron86 said:

Seems unlikely, I was hoping for the vestas turbine at to be Lego SAH exclusive but that is now also available for sale at John Lewis, I think the days of "exclusive" sets are no longer, all sets go to smyths/John Lewis within a few months 

I agree... John Lewis first, then Smyths, then Amazon Direct, then.... piled up high everywhere! The only exclusive sets I've bought are 21104 MR and 41999 4x4C and... what a licence to print money they were!

At least it means a likely 30% off at some point. A first day and a last day buy.

Edited by TabbyBoy

Guest davewager78

It looks good, but will it look so good from other angles? Interesting that it looks like it has steering

For some reason that colour is very pleasing to the eye

The Volkswagon Beetle set would be a nice comp (Iconic vehicle...similar price point) to how this mustang set might do...but (given my Amercian bias), I dare say the Mustang is more iconic than the beetle...and altho the beetle may have a solid presence all over the world...the Mustang is probably more lusted after all over the world.

Anyone have some insights on how the Beetle set did (initially and over its shelf life)?

I personally think the beetle is nice...but since it has been out w/ the Van..I opted to get the van since it had more interesting features...and I'm all about the combination of realism and functionality

Guest TabbyBoy
3 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

The Volkswagon Beetle set would be a nice comp (Iconic vehicle...similar price point) to how this mustang set might do...but (given my Amercian bias), I dare say the Mustang is more iconic than the beetle...and altho the beetle may have a solid presence all over the world...the Mustang is probably more lusted after all over the world.

Anyone have some insights on how the Beetle set did (initially and over its shelf life)?

I personally think the beetle is nice...but since it has been out w/ the Van..I opted to get the van since it had more interesting features...and I'm all about the combination of realism and functionality

In Europe, the Beetle would be more iconic as it was the first "People's car" and has a longer history. However, a lot of us will also love the Mustang. I remember that the 10187 Beetle performed amazingly and that's what got me started... when I saw one reduced at John Lewis for £49.95 !

8 hours ago, Scatterbug said:

I've got small versions of all the Creator cars so I'll look to mod the Speed Champions Mustang in an alt colour to match this.

I hope Lego makes a miniature version of this car under Creator line just like the mini Mini Cooper, mini VW Camper Van and mini VW Beetle. I know there is a minifigure scale Mustang under Speed Champions line but that is not mini enough.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
11 hours ago, lebrick said:

I hope Lego makes a miniature version of this car under Creator line just like the mini Mini Cooper, mini VW Camper Van and mini VW Beetle. I know there is a minifigure scale Mustang under Speed Champions line but that is not mini enough.

It would be nice, but I don't think it'll capture enough detail. We never know, it may appear in a polybag soon?

12 hours ago, lebrick said:

The Mini polybag is rubbish however. I'm happy to use SC versions alongside their bigger brothers for my display. 

Guest TabbyBoy
22 minutes ago, Scatterbug said:

The Mini polybag is rubbish however. I'm happy to use SC versions alongside their bigger brothers for my display. 

It may well be, but I have enough to bundle with the Creator Mini to get that sale! ?

On 2/3/2019 at 11:52 PM, $20 on joe vs dan said:

You're aware there are two Beetle sets right? The older one is long gone and still fetches big dollars for sealed copies.

The newer one is a much better model in many ways and still available for sale.

You are comparing completely different LEGO eras in those two models and it won't be an accurate predictor of how the Mustang will do. The only way this set does well is if purchased with a big enough discount or offset with some amazing promo. It'll be mega hoarded. The Mustang is just too well liked/known not to be popular to buyers and resellers during it's shelf life.

1 hour ago, gregpj said:

You are comparing completely different LEGO eras in those two models and it won't be an accurate predictor of how the Mustang will do. The only way this set does well is if purchased with a big enough discount or offset with some amazing promo. It'll be mega hoarded. The Mustang is just too well liked/known not to be popular to buyers and resellers during it's shelf life.

Yes I was aware there are two beetles, but the point I was making is to get an idea of how the recent beetle was first receieved (ie did it sell out at release...a reasonable question since some are talking about using VIP exclusive to purchase at RRP); and how the current one has faired...I know they are still available widely, but has there been major discounts?

I make no speculation on future appreciation post EOL (I agree the earlier beetle is not a good comp)...i agree if it's readily available it WILL BE HOARDED; but w/ Lego doing wonky things recently (short runs, exclusives) there is uncertainty as to the availability.

Guest TabbyBoy
3 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Yes I was aware there are two beetles, but the point I was making is to get an idea of how the recent beetle was first receieved (ie did it sell out at release...a reasonable question since some are talking about using VIP exclusive to purchase at RRP); and how the current one has faired...I know they are still available widely, but has there been major discounts?

I make no speculation on future appreciation post EOL (I agree the earlier beetle is not a good comp)...i agree if it's readily available it WILL BE HOARDED; but w/ Lego doing wonky things recently (short runs, exclusives) there is uncertainty as to the availability.

In the UK, the old and new Beetles certainly weren't rare AFAIK. I remember seeing the old 10187 on the shelves in John Lewis for ages and it was a long time before I decided to buy one and it was only after I saw it was about 40% off. I then looked on Amazon UK, noticed an inflated price and (VERY inflated RRP) which told me to simply go in balls deep, which is how I got started in "the game".

Since the new Beetle has been very widely available, I'd tread carefully unless it goes EOL quietly. I only have 2 whereas I had many, many more of the old ones as LEGO investing hadn't hit the mainstream news back then.

To be honest, I don't think anybody has the faintest idea how many of each set are hoarded. For example, do we have 1,000 Brick Banks between us or 100,000 ?

On 2/6/2019 at 12:07 PM, $20 on joe vs dan said:

The newer beetle was both well received and hated. Personally, I think it's a great little model but we never did add it to our collection and likely never will. IIRC it was always widely available, even during the VIP period.

The VIP only releases are a huge risk to buy and try to flip in any quantity that you're not willing to hold onto long term or build for yourself.

2 hours ago, gregpj said:

The newer beetle was both well received and hated. Personally, I think it's a great little model but we never did add it to our collection and likely never will. IIRC it was always widely available, even during the VIP period.

The VIP only releases are a huge risk to buy and try to flip in any quantity that you're not willing to hold onto long term or build for yourself.

Huge risk is a bit dramatic. You minimum have 90 days on most exclusives before wide release to get rid of.   Worst case you lose a few bucks on the last few if you don't want to hold.

• Like 1

• TheOrcKing changed the title to 10265 - 1967 Ford Mustang
3 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Here we go.  Tricked suspension, steering and all. Has more features than the Aston.

@ravenb99 what bag are you on?

lego-10265-ford-mustang-2-660x381.jpg

This is a winner, winner, "I hit people at car shows" for dinner

Stance, check. Engine mods, check, Opening Doors, Boot and Bonnet (for you Brits), Side Pipes, Front Air Dam and rear spoiler?!?!?!?

NITROUS IN THE TRUNK!

Im dying over here. Day ONE!

DAY 1!

EDIT: I really hope those 2x2 slopes with the stripe are printed.

Edited by CosmicSpeed
  • Like 1

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 10265 - Ford Mustang