10265 - Ford Mustang

brickvoyeur

5 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I do it myself for the right reasons.... I've noticed that a lot of the long Elves boxes become unstuck along the long edge after a couple of years (I should've stored them on long instead of short edge) and I simply use a cocktail stick to spread a little Gorilla glue along the gap and then seal it closed with low adhesion masking tape. I then take the masking tape off after 24hrs and voila.... an "untampered" box. I also print my own seal codes if they are peeling by using Metamark MD5 clear vinyl with a gloss laminate and then trim to size. If you're not in the trade, they aren't easy to replicate ?

There's one thing that will stop me buying this Mustang for my personal collection.... STICKERS !!!

can you (have you) made MOC sticker sets for popular sets?

for Speed Champions (other car series)  this would be especially helpful for key elements like headlights...been hunting for some of the older Lambo and Ferraris and the stick condition is a huge factor. 

20 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

can you (have you) made MOC sticker sets for popular sets?

for Speed Champions (other car series)  this would be especially helpful for key elements like headlights...been hunting for some of the older Lambo and Ferraris and the stick condition is a huge factor. 

this thread had good advice for creating stickers for MOCs: https://community.brickpicker.com/forums/topic/18727-renault-formule-1-exclusive-only-100-pcs-to-be-made/

Can't find the exact post atm, but its there, somewhere.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Plenty for auction on ebay now. Probably all scammers who opened and replaced contents with T1 parts.

A fool and his money...

I’ll wait until March, when I hope these scalpers have to process returns!

This is a screen shot from the vid @JONNYBEGOOD posted above. Pretty small sheet considering the size of the model.:D

All of it, the steering, seat adjustment, floor shifter, street kit, love the tire size, rear suspension, trunk hood and doors all function, this is a dangerous precendent if setting a new standard.   Just take my $ already:lol:, you win this round Lego. :goodjob:

Sticker.PNG

What's the reasonable best case scenario?

2xVIP and a gift w/ purchase

and/ or

20% off on Amazon

But an outside chance of it becoming scarce out of the gate...which reminds me that darn Speed champions dodge set is still hard to find...

I would love to buy 2 using VIP exclusive early sale.  The dodge set disappearing from shelves within its first month has me spooked

Guest TabbyBoy
11 minutes ago, Villager Chris said:

In the UK SAH have become a lot tighter with their discounts for larger sets. 2 x VIP and and/or free promo will probably be the best opportunity.  

There's always John Lewis & Smyths who should eventually take 15-25% off. Assuming the set is as unexclusive as most are these days. I admit, SaH came good earlier as all 5 of my Speed Champions orders came with a pig. Oh... swapped a pig for a Chinese Takeaway last night worth about £30 ?

37 minutes ago, Villager Chris said:

In the UK SAH have become a lot tighter with their discounts for larger sets. 2 x VIP and and/or free promo will probably be the best opportunity.  

Just as well there is TRU, Amazon,  Galería, Smyths, Target etc etc, who don´t mind lowering the price once the three month SAH window is over.

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

There's always John Lewis & Smyths who should eventually take 15-25% off. Assuming the set is as unexclusive as most are these days. I admit, SaH came good earlier as all 5 of my Speed Champions orders came with a pig. Oh... swapped a pig for a Chinese Takeaway last night worth about £30 ?

I wasn't sharp enough with Detective's Office and Brick Bank at JLP when they knocked 20% or so off in early November - only available for a couple of hours. A few days later they had gone as well from SAH. 

My only SAH Detective's Office order was cancelled shortly afterwards. I did get a Brick Bank - just the one. 

Sometimes we wait for a better price that never materialises. 

5 minutes ago, HandyHand said:

Officially announced by LEGO. Apparently the Dutch price will be €139,99 which is less than the (at least) €150 rumours that were going around.

Brother's Brick review: https://www.brothers-brick.com/2019/02/22/is-the-lego-creator-expert-10265-ford-mustang-the-best-lego-car-yet-review/#more-173388

Day one.

• Like 1

Ford Mustang, 1,471 pieces
US $149.99 – CA $199.99 – DE €129.99 – UK £119.99 – FR €139.99 – DK 1,199DKK – AU $199.99
Available from shop.LEGO.com from 1st March

Build and customize your very own 1960s Ford Mustang!

Discover the magic of an iconic 1960s American muscle car with the LEGO Creator Ford Mustang, featuring dark-blue bodywork with white racing stripes, bonnet scoop, printed mustang grille badge, GT emblems and 5-spoke rims with road-gripping tires.

Developed with input from Ford, this authentic replica comes with optional add-ons for customization, including a selection of license plates, supercharger, rear ducktail spoiler, beefy exhaust pipes, front chin spoiler and a nitrous oxide tank. You can even adjust the lift of the rear axle for an extra-mean look!

Remove the roof panel or open the doors and you have access to the detailed interior with handsome seats, radio, working steering and a mid-console gearshift.

10265_Box3_v29.jpg

Store items in the trunk or lift the hood to reveal a detailed big block 390 V8 engine with battery, hoses and air filter detailing. This advanced building set has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience full of nostalgia and makes a great centerpiece for the home or office.

10265_BI_03.jpg

• Authentic replica of a 1960s Ford Mustang featuring dark-blue bodywork with white racing stripes, air scoop, 5-spoke rims with road-gripping tires, and a selection customization add-ons.
  • Open the doors or remove the roof panel to access the detailed interior with handsome seats, radio, mid-console gearshift and working steering.
  • Open the trunk to store items and lift the hood to reveal a detailed Ford Mustang V8 engine with battery, hoses and air filter.
  • Also includes a printed mustang grille badge and 2 GT emblems.
  • Customize the Ford Mustang with the included supercharger, rear ducktail spoiler, beefy exhaust pipes, front chin spoiler and a nitrous oxide tank.
  • Choose from a selection of license plates.
  • Lift the hood to check out the realistic engine detailing.
  • Adjust the lift of the rear axle for a real mean look!
  • This Mustang toy car model includes 1,470 pieces and is suitable for ages 16+.
  • New-for-March-2019 special elements include 5-spoke rims, 2x8 brick with bow, 1x3 mustang logo tile, 2x4 bow with ‘GT’ Emblem.
  • Measures over 3” (10cm) high, 13” (34cm) long and 5” (14cm) wide.

10265_Back_01.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 10265 - Ford Mustang