Bricklink's AFOL Designer Program 2019 (formerly Löwenstein Castle thread)

1 hour ago, donbee said:

Wish I would’ve had time to submit an entry. I hope there’s another.

It looks like 10 of 16 sets are funded as of tonight.  There's a little less than 2 months to go.  Three others are basically 2/3rds of the way there.  I'd call it a success, so far.  I hope they can get everything out without a glitch so we can definitely call this a success.

I'd love to see them run this program 1-2x a year.  And hopefully, if this one is successful, it will attract some other people, so that the competition is even better, and the quality even better.  Hope there's another one so you can submit @donbee

• Like 1

I am in for 2x castle and 2x monorail and 1x fire truck (seriously that thing is huuuge)

based on how forma was been going...I plan to basically sell one and keep one...both the castle and monorail will likely sell-out before the open sell phase (so I hope to recoup costs right away)...and since there's supposed to be an exclusivity element per set (which gets revealed after they ship), there's definitely incentive to get in on this early run.

I was initially bitchin about the price tag, but after seeing some of the vids...the scale of the sets completely changed my mind...you get a lot for the money and the sets seem more substantial than typical Lego sets of similar scale.

I hope so too, echoing alpinemaps, given the apparent success so far, I think there's a good chance.

I imagine their will be another round. I think letting BL work out any design issues with packaging, shipment, replacements, etc. is probably a good idea. This is a crowd funded project, so there are bound to be some minor kinks before it becomes an annual or semi annual event.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum
  • Like 1