Bricklink's AFOL Designer Program 2019

29 minutes ago, isawred said:

just received confirmation on bikes! super excited for such a simple set! the resale is strong with all of these sets, not sure why I doubted.... pretty sure it was my bank account holding me back..... insert monopoly man empty pockets.... 

I hesitated too, I think you are looking at around a 50%+ short term profit minimum on the least popular sets, with a very unpredictable long term. I wish I would have cleared the lot of them looking back at it.

Not much left in the wholesale store, only 10 fire engines...

“imagine it, build it” the one I thought best of the lot, still 300 left 

got message from admin “we will contact you in a couple of months” to discuss invoicing and shipping, that’s middle September at the earliest!

still waiting on all my pledged orders!

13 minutes ago, Gonkalin said:

Wow. I got my castles 3-4 weeks ago. I just assumed everyone got theirs already.

And I have my antique fire engines and my Hot Shots as well.

Still waiting my my 2 as well.  Really wish they would ship or at least send an update.  

They were hand-packing sets in batches 400 or 800.   They were trying to get one batch of every set out to try to balance the delays to the customers.   They finished the first round of all 13 sets, so the next round is underway.  I expect castles and saloons will be appearing soon.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DadsAFOL said:

They were hand-packing sets in batches 400 or 800.   They were trying to get one batch of every set out to try to balance the delays to the customers.   They finished the first round of all 13 sets, so the next round is underway.  I expect castles and saloons will be appearing soon.

So 10 weeks for one batch, assuming they didn’t pack any before May 1st, let’s give them 800 of each out the door. Which leaves 1700 of each to go...

if they keep up the same pace, which is actually pretty impressive 10,400 sets in 10 weeks (over 1000 sets and well over 1,000,000 parts per week!)

That would come close to my earlier guesstimate of Christmas before all orders are fulfilled.

Ironically I received Hot Shot #100 weeks ago, yet that was a sales period order. 

None of my comments should be taken as negative. I really think this program is good, and hope they do it again. They obviously had no idea what they were getting into! 

I am curious as to who they got to pick and pack, I just don’t see how it could be “anyone” it takes experience more than training

2 hours ago, Graham Bailey said:

So 10 weeks for one batch, assuming they didn’t pack any before May 1st, let’s give them 800 of each out the door. Which leaves 1700 of each to go...

if they keep up the same pace, which is actually pretty impressive 10,400 sets in 10 weeks (over 1000 sets and well over 1,000,000 parts per week!)

That would come close to my earlier guesstimate of Christmas before all orders are fulfilled.

Ironically I received Hot Shot #100 weeks ago, yet that was a sales period order. 

None of my comments should be taken as negative. I really think this program is good, and hope they do it again. They obviously had no idea what they were getting into! 

I am curious as to who they got to pick and pack, I just don’t see how it could be “anyone” it takes experience more than training

But they didn't sell all 2500 of each, so its not that bad.  Only the Castle and Saloon sold all 2500 as far as I know.

They are using a mix of local AFOLs and part time workers, running 2 shifts a day.  It took them a few weeks to work out all of the kinks, but they are in a pretty good groove now.

• Like 2

But they didn't sell all 2500 of each, so its not that bad.  Only the Castle and Saloon sold all 2500 as far as I know.
They are using a mix of local AFOLs and part time workers, running 2 shifts a day.  It took them a few weeks to work out all of the kinks, but they are in a pretty good groove now.

So when's the re-release of the unsold sets??
I know they have reached out to resellers for wholesale opportunities. Will that be the only way to get thee sets from now on?

1 minute ago, Martae54 said:

So when's the re-release of the unsold sets??
I know they have reached out to resellers for wholesale opportunities. Will that be the only way to get thee sets from now on?

Correct.   They are going to finish producing all of the ordered sets first before producing the ones sold to wholesale.   so probably another month or two.