The LEGO Movie 2 BrickHeadz

SLL

8 minutes ago, sauromosis said:

Great question.  Maybe after the 4x4 Crawler debacle Walmart (partnering with Lego?) started this current system of cancelling orders to make sure that people didn't go nuts on these Brickheadz.

Doubtful. They could have limited these to one instead of 12. Then canceled orders after 1. The cancelations over the holidays weren't in prep for this... But I don't know what they were for. 

6 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

FYI, Im in the northeast & mine shipped from texas.  My guess would be they are being held in the closest warehouse to their Mexico factory and distributed nationally from online orders. 

5xrrp is what Im talking about folks!!

I've had an order ship from Texas and another from Memphis

1 minute ago, znjndmawn said:

I think LEGO is imitating Funko with the limited edition stickers of these Brickheadz

This is definitely possible. It is also possible that Walmart wanted this and wants to be known as the place for lego exclusives or something. They are trying to build and compete with Amazon, Target, etc. and this is the type of thing that can help in the long run. I think you guys are really overthinking this. It is surely possible that they could be released overseas or in other packaging, but nothing seems to be on the horizon. Just sit back and see what happens. I personally think the sets will settle in around $100 per bh if they don't get any re-release. I would also like to see more of these going forward. 

• Like 3

So one order of 10 Emmets (from Orlando) has arrived, another order of 10 Wildstyles (from Orlando) has shipped and a third order of 10 Wildstyles has been cancelled.  Two different accounts went through at first and the second order from Emmet account was cancelled. 

2 hours ago, kaczy said:

I jus spoke to Polish CS and asked about TLM2 BHz for the rest of the world. He said that those 4 sets are provided exclusively for US market to WM and Target only but it is possible that those characters will be offered to the rest of the world, maybe in different configurations with different set numbers.

It will be against logic to not offer this sets in any way to the rest of the world and refuse to make money on Europeans, Aussies and Asians :)

so far Lego has held the line w/ the China region sets...and those have been pretty popular 

1 hour ago, Clintonjoseph said:

with all the rumors of brickheadz ending and now this craziness i’m thinking it’s true, maybe lego is just done with brickheadz. I don’t think a 2-pack is coming.

so many other set options for an "exclusive" for the Movie...but why brickheadz?

also...why just 5k?  seriously...if the powers that be wanted this to stir up marketing....so few EVEN know about it...and the ones that get wind of it are already too late...how does this help Walmart, Lego, or even the Movie release?

Such a small fraction of folks even know about this thing.

1 minute ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

also...why just 5k?  seriously...if the powers that be wanted this to stir up marketing....so few EVEN know about it...and the ones that get wind of it are already too late...how does this help Walmart, Lego, or even the Movie release?

Such a small fraction of folks even know about this thing.

I also wonder this. With other weird promotions, Lego and Walmart (or other exclusive seller) hype it beforehand. Since they didn't this time, and them selling out in about 30 hours, it seems like Lego didn't get much promotion/hype out of this. It seems like it only benefits resellers.. Why would they do that? But I guess sometimes it's hard to fathom why companies do certain things. They are getting a little hype now as people anticipate Benny and Sweet Mayhem, but Lego still isn't posting about it on social media, etc. So strange. 

6 minutes ago, CathyVT said:

I also wonder this. With other weird promotions, Lego and Walmart (or other exclusive seller) hype it beforehand. Since they didn't this time, and them selling out in about 30 hours, it seems like Lego didn't get much promotion/hype out of this. It seems like it only benefits resellers.. Why would they do that? But I guess sometimes it's hard to fathom why companies do certain things. They are getting a little hype now as people anticipate Benny and Sweet Mayhem, but Lego still isn't posting about it on social media, etc. So strange. 

Well, if this thing actually holds its value or goes up in value, then everyone is excited for further Walmart exclusives. It is a classic marketing move. Maybe the next one is 5k again or 10k or even 20k. The point is people will associated "limited" lego sets with Walmart and they look like a viable alternative to Amazon. It can only help Walmart. That is why in many other industries retailers clamor for exclusives associated with them. 

8 minutes ago, CathyVT said:

Yes, the lack of advertising and cross marketing makes it seem like a trial run of some sort.  Maybe there was a problem in production and Lego had "only" 5K of each available and needed to get them out for the Movie premiere...someone decided on the last minute sticker to justify the super short run

Seems to me like this was a fix for a mistake.  

2 minutes ago, smittypop2 said:

Well, if this thing actually holds its value or goes up in value, then everyone is excited for further Walmart exclusives. It is a classic marketing move. Maybe the next one is 5k again or 10k or even 20k. The point is people will associated "limited" lego sets with Walmart and they look like a viable alternative to Amazon. It can only help Walmart. That is why in many other industries retailers clamor for exclusives associated with them. 

I think these print numbers are even smaller than Comicon...and thats a really small niche market for a company like Walmart...all the "hype" you're talking about is still within a pretty small group...Walmart wants to tbe THE toy store of the masses (Parents buying toys for kids)...not THE place for Exclusives for a handful of AFOLs...preying on said parents. The marketing is all wrong.

1 minute ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I think these print numbers are even smaller than Comicon...and thats a really small niche market for a company like Walmart...all the "hype" you're talking about is still within a pretty small group...Walmart wants to tbe THE toy store of the masses (Parents buying toys for kids)...not THE place for Exclusives for a handful of AFOLs...preying on said parents. The marketing is all wrong.

These are not smaller than comic-con numbers. I am not sure why everyone is doubting something that they all witnessed happen. Maybe Lego wants to try out Funko like exclusives? It doesn't hurt Funko in any way and has helped to shape what they are today. I just don't understand the pushback. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, cuttingcorners47 said:

Food for thought...... There are about 3300 Walmart Supercenters in the united states. I obviously know they are selling the Brickheadz online, but the numbers to me don't add up. As an example, if you divided up 5000 Emmet BrickHeadz evenly amongst the 3500 stores nationwide ,  your store would get about 1 or 2 of them. So think of all the people who shop at your local Walmart. You and maybe another person would be the only people who got one out of all the shoppers who shop there. Also,  I have been reading that people are purchasing like 10-20 of them at a time which would make it even harder to obtain the BrickHeadz. I feel the stickers might not mean anything, and they are simply producing  multiple rounds of the 1-5000 stickers. 

exactly! I posted the very same opinion on Brickset.. And its not just the number per store.. look at the costs to produce them + pack + transport against selling price.. how much profit can Walmart make on a single piece??

8 minutes ago, smittypop2 said:

These are not smaller than comic-con numbers. I am not sure why everyone is doubting something that they all witnessed happen. Maybe Lego wants to try out Funko like exclusives? It doesn't hurt Funko in any way and has helped to shape what they are today. I just don't understand the pushback. 

I'm not saying that the 5k is not legit; but I disagree w/ your point that it's intended to build hype for Exclusives at Walmart (and later Target).

Since it's a walmart.com promo...not even the masses walking the aisles even get wind of this.

What can been gained for LEgo or Walmart if only a small number of connected AFOLs  (read: reseller scum) are the First and LAST to learn of a promo...I mean to the general public...did it even happen?

Also your point about funko isa  good one, but Lego is suposed to be retiring the BH line completely whereas Funko uses their exclusives to sell more Funko.

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan
typo

1 minute ago, crayxlp said:

exactly! I posted the very same opinion on Brickset.. And its not just the number per store.. look at the costs to produce them + pack + transport against selling price.. how much profit can Walmart make on a single piece??

Wal-Mart seems to have this business thing down pretty well. They aren't doing this for free. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kaczy said:

I jus spoke to Polish CS and asked about TLM2 BHz for the rest of the world. He said that those 4 sets are provided exclusively for US market to WM and Target only but it is possible that those characters will be offered to the rest of the world, maybe in different configurations with different set numbers.

It will be against logic to not offer this sets in any way to the rest of the world and refuse to make money on Europeans, Aussies and Asians :)

I think they will re-offer these in their apocolypse gear.

• Like 1