The LEGO Movie 2 BrickHeadz

SLL

Guest TabbyBoy
8 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

What do you mean? 

It probably means if other retailers do a 1-5000 sticker too. Of course, it'll have to look different to the Walmart one. This could be cunning plan to weed out resellers before banning them.

2 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

He probably means that people are saying these will be reprinted and the ones with the stickers will have, well, meaningless stickers.

Being in "the trade", I can reprint these easily if I choose to. I've made new seals without a problem.

26 minutes ago, supergman said:

Having spent 100M, with a projection of 55M, and only bringing in 31M thus far, the movie has thus far failed based on early reports.  Hmm. Makes ya' wonder with the talk of 1-2 more apparently being planned.  Now for these sets....

I have no idea what the release date, profits-time movie graph looks like, but this is basically a huge ad campaign for Lego. They can afford to lose some money on the movie if it increases general Lego sales. 

31 minutes ago, supergman said:

Having spent 100M, with a projection of 55M, and only bringing in 31M thus far, the movie has thus far failed based on early reports.  Hmm. Makes ya' wonder with the talk of 1-2 more apparently being planned.  Now for these sets....

If the LEGO Batman and Ninjago mvie wouldn't have been released, this sequel would do better.  Subpar ticket sales does not bode well for more sets for this movie.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

If the LEGO Batman and Ninjago mvie wouldn't have been released, this sequel would do better.  Subpar ticket sales does not bode well for more sets for this movie.

Reviews were solid as well.  Read the 5 years in between also hurt sales.  Was trending to only hit 30 mil instead of the 45-50 projected. 

28 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Poor ticket sales don't bode as well for the figures either. I guess there are issues anyway you look at it. If it was super popular, Lego might have reproduced the Brickheadz. If it wasn't /isn't popular, people aren't going to be willing to pay as much for the Brickheadz on the secondary market. 

29 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

Reviews were solid as well.  Read the 5 years in between also hurt sales.  Was trending to only hit 30 mil instead of the 45-50 projected. 

Yes, I think the reviews were positive, but many LEGO fans on the various forums seemed apathetic towards the movie. 

27 minutes ago, bigboy61 said:

Poor ticket sales don't bode as well for the figures either. I guess there are issues anyway you look at it. If it was super popular, Lego might have reproduced the Brickheadz. If it wasn't /isn't popular, people aren't going to be willing to pay as much for the Brickheadz on the secondary market. 

I think these four exclusive sets will do well regardless of the box office results, unless of course, more are released.  That being said, unless LEGO has these sets already ready to ship in the warehouses, I don't think they will be releasing more.  They are running out of time and this movie won't be in theaters in April.  

23 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Yes, I think the reviews were positive, but many LEGO fans on the various forums seemed apathetic towards the movie. 

I think these four exclusive sets will do well regardless of the box office results, unless of course, more are released.  That being said, unless LEGO has these sets already ready to ship in the warehouses, I don't think they will be releasing more.  They are running out of time and this movie won't be in theaters in April.  

Agreed. Emmet and WS are already down to $45 with more resellers receiving stock early this week still think we will see $25 on these and that would be the buy in price for kids/fans of the movie (especially with Mayhem since she is a new character) but the long-term play is to hold and hope for no rerelease and sell to the international market and completionists at a much higher price. 

11 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Agreed. Emmet and WS are already down to $45 with more resellers receiving stock early this week still think we will see $25 on these and that would be the buy in price for kids/fans of the movie (especially with Mayhem since she is a new character) but the long-term play is to hold and hope for no rerelease and sell to the international market and completionists at a much higher price. 

Well if they hit 25$ maybe we should buy those and bring it back to the 50+$ they should be for such small run kit.  following speculation these will likely come back different or not at all.   let the panic sellers give them away cheap.

1 minute ago, ravenb99 said:

whatever the reason behind it,  which I think is being seriously overthought, it was a definite needed boost to a slow sales time so mission accomplished.    

Maybe they should start putting those limited stickers on the Unikitty line.

I had a few of those 60th anniversary sets (House, Windmill, Truck), and those also did well right out the gate and then got flooded bringing prices down.  That must've just continued to drop because I just checked recent sold prices and they don't appear to even bring 1x RRP right now.  They're not very interesting builds IMO whereas at least these brickheadz are stylish and can be displayed among others if built.  If kept to collect, the brickheadz boxes are more visually appealing.  The 60th sets got the retro look right, but these look much nicer :) I dont like Benny's chin strap, I think he'll do the worst. 

• Like 1

I had a few of those 60th anniversary sets (House, Windmill, Truck), and those also did well right out the gate and then got flooded bringing prices down.  That must've just continued to drop because I just checked recent sold prices and they don't appear to even bring 1x RRP right now.  They're not very interesting builds IMO whereas at least these brickheadz are stylish and can be displayed among others if built.  If kept to collect, the brickheadz boxes are more visually appealing.  The 60th sets got the retro look right, but these look much nicer I dont like Benny's chin strap, I think he'll do the worst. 

I don’t really think these are comparable at all. Those sets were $20 for a $5 poly with a number. These are in a relatively popular line, with recognizable characters tied to movies, and the cost is in-line with expectation. Also, many think these are the last non-seasonal Bhz, so this is the last chance to get cool Bhz. Also there’s only 5k each. The 60th sets were trash. Other than the LEGO gwp, most of the items around the 60th were overpriced and uninteresting.
  • Like 2

I'm surprised the marketing and hype for the movie was so weak. Why not go big during the Super Bowl? Try to hit the masses, not just already established fans with these secret, limited releases? 

Either way, i don't feel the early luster success of the movie will dictate the value of these.  Only another production run/release would destroy the value.  Limited edition is still limited edition.